Changes v Tasmanian Hawks

Gouga

In: Rivers (if fit), Wheatley (if fit), Whelan (if fit)

Out: Garland, Jamar, Moloney

I'm assuming Sylvia will come back through Sandy.

Backs: M.Warnock, J.Frawley, M.Whelan

Half backs: D.Bell, J.Rivers, S.Buckley

Centres: C.Bruce, B.McLean, P.Wheatley

Half forwards: M.Bate, B.Miller, A.Davey

Forwards: B.Green, R.Robertson, A.Wonaeamirri

Followers: J.White, C.Bartram, N.Jones

Interchange: P.Johnson, J.McDonald, C.Morton, S.Valenti

Moloney would be stiff to miss but chances are not all ins will be fit to play. McLean to go head to head with Mitchell and Bartram to tag one of Bateman or Lewis. Rivers if fit to play on Franklin otherwise raffle it between Frawley and Warnock.

Food for thought: Should Wonaeamirri play a defensive role on Rioli or should we keep him as an attacking option?

Rivers and Wheatley should come straight back in to the side. Whelan has been out for a few weeks, so if he is fit he should come back via Sandringham IMO.

Assuming Rivers fitness, I'd omit Warnock before Garland, for the fact that Garland is more versatile, he showed this week that he is able to go forward and kick goals when required. We'd lose nothing defensively if Garland played back over Warnock.

The ruck situation is hard. I don't want to drop Jamar as I like his presence in the middle, but he was a passenger yesterday and it's hard to justify selection on "presence" alone. I actually like the way our rucks were used yesterday, but I don't think at this stage that PJ as a permanent back is a sustainable answer. I suspect Jamar will make way for Wheatley if fit.

I agree that Moloney is teetering on the fringe at the moment, but I believe he should be safe this week.

Rivers and Wheatley should come straight back in to the side. Whelan has been out for a few weeks, so if he is fit he should come back via Sandringham IMO.

Assuming Rivers fitness, I'd omit Warnock before Garland, for the fact that Garland is more versatile, he showed this week that he is able to go forward and kick goals when required. We'd lose nothing defensively if Garland played back over Warnock.

The ruck situation is hard. I don't want to drop Jamar as I like his presence in the middle, but he was a passenger yesterday and it's hard to justify selection on "presence" alone. I actually like the way our rucks were used yesterday, but I don't think at this stage that PJ as a permanent back is a sustainable answer. I suspect Jamar will make way for Wheatley if fit.

I agree that Moloney is teetering on the fringe at the moment, but I believe he should be safe this week.

Whelan has had a couple weeks at Sandy now so as long as he is over his illness should be ready to resume in the seniors. I'd keep the stronger Warnock over Garland at this stage but agree Garland does make us more flexible. I think Jamar has been told to be very physical at the ruck stoppages which I've enjoyed but he didn't do enough around the ground. PJ is no full back and should regain his place as second ruckman.

Guest MFC4Life
Whelan has had a couple weeks at Sandy now so as long as he is over his illness should be ready to resume in the seniors. I'd keep the stronger Warnock over Garland at this stage but agree Garland does make us more flexible. I think Jamar has been told to be very physical at the ruck stoppages which I've enjoyed but he didn't do enough around the ground. PJ is no full back and should regain his place as second ruckman.

Some players have ridden on the coat tails of one good half of football.

In: Carroll Whelan Wheatley

Out: Garland Warnock Buckley

Not all players can be developed into AFL level players.

I'd be happy to see Carroll back in but prepared to give Frawley and Warnock more time. There was no pressure on the Adelaide half backs and midfielders when bringing the ball forward. We hung our young defence out to dry. Our inability to increase accountability in the second half is probably the result of poor on field leadership as I'm sure it was a major issue amongst the coaches at half time.

Buckley's never going to make it if we continue to bring him in for 1 game then drop him again. Jamar was back to his usual self yesterday, so he should go before Buckley.

Whelan in for Jamar, and then let the rest figure out if they can play a better game of footy on home turf.

I'd like to see Warnock, Garland and Frawley, along with Buckley, getting more consecutive games

B: GARLAND, MARTIN, BELL

HB: BUCKLEY, RIVERS, BRUCE

C: DAVEY, MOLONEY, MORTON

HF: BARTRAM, MILLER, BATE

F: HOLLAND, ROBERTSON, WONAEAMIRRI

FOLL: WHITE, MCDONALD, MCLEAN

IC: GREEN, JONES, VALENTI, WHEATLEY

EMERG: P.JOHNSON, WARNOCK, C.JOHNSON

IN: Martin(They have groomed him for the key back post all year and then they play a ruckman at full back instead another opportunity missed, hopefully they won't do the same mistake again play him on Roughhead), Rivers(If fit play him on Franklin if not put Warnock on him because he is going to have to stand up soon or he won't be on the list next year), Holland(I don't really want to do it cause of his age but he has always been Mr.Fixit he can play any key position on the ground and in the ruck and he can kick goals unlike our other ruckman)Wheatley(We need more runners C.J to come in if not fit)

OUT: Frawley(Form has been poor), Jamar(continues to do nothing around the ground), P.Johnson(Holland is a better backman and forward so I want to see what he can do for the side), Warnock(Could come back in if Rivers is not fit)

OTHER MATCH UPS

Garland v Williams

Bell v Rioli

Bruce v Crawford

Moloney v Mitchell

McDonald v Sewell

Bartram v Bateman

Once Whelan gets in the best at Sandy then he can come in.

If Sylvia is fit he should come back through Sandy.

looks like crawf and mcglynn wont be playin

shane out for 1

and mcglynn is lookin at 3

dont really care who plays..... the current side is ok... lot of youngsters....

wouldnt mind seeing Pj white and jamar play again tho....

Aussie on Rioli is a bad idea really bad

i think

bartram vs bateman

mclean vs mitchell

jones vs sewell

if rivers doesn play and caroll i wonder who will play on franklin?

OTHER MATCH UPS

Garland v Williams

Bell v Rioli

Bruce v Crawford

Moloney v Mitchell

McDonald v Sewell

Bartram v Bateman

Once Whelan gets in the best at Sandy then he can come in.

If Sylvia is fit he should come back through Sandy.

Wouldn't Garland be too slow for Williams? Ditto Bell on Rioli? I would put Bell on Williams. Maybe Bartram on Rioli, not sure though.

looks like crawf and mcglynn wont be playin

shane out for 1

and mcglynn is lookin at 3

Crawford is likely to go to the tribunal because he can't get off with a guilty plea, so he might play yet. And we can add Guerra to that list thanks to a hamstring injury.

one change Jamar out in Rivers. If Rivers is not fit in Martin

What, put Martin on Franklin? 1st game? Your kidding.

I'd like to see Buckley run with/tag Bateman. Has the leg speed, and will help him learn defensive skills.

Currently there are few , if any, backman who would be able to match Buddy both in the air and on the ground.

I'm with Dr. Drake...Martin is the only guy on our list capable of competing with Buddy in the air...if he brings to ground then its up to a smaller player to compete with him at ground level.

im thinking how u can have the 3 ruckman in the team.

only if u have white full forward and jamar and johnson rotating on and off the field.

did they do that on sun.

i didnt realli watch the game.

paul johnson played full back on tippett...

if rivers isn't back from injury i'd keep the three ruckman in... PJ did a good job on tippett even though he kicked 4 goals... think he'd match up okay on roughead... i'd give Chip first crack at Buddy... i don't think it's going to matter who we play on him to be honest... it won't shatter his confidence if he gives him a bath, he's the best forward in the comp...

In: Rivers, Whelan

Out: Jamar, Bell

i'd like to see chris johnson getting a go ahead of buckley, as I think bailey's gameplan really suits him... but there's no point playing buckley for one week and then dropping him, so he keeps his spot for another week... if whelan and rivers aren't fit then no change for me...

I'd like to see Buckley run with/tag Bateman. Has the leg speed, and will help him learn defensive skills.

Lucky I have Bateman in my dream team then. Who mentioned Martin on Franklin, I only mentioned he should be brought in if Rivers isn't fit at the expense of Jamar. Frawley gets first crack at Buddy, if he fails Warnock next, then Garland, then Rivers/Martin. Bartram goes to Bateman.

I'm assuming Sylvia will come back through Sandy.

Moloney would be stiff to miss but chances are not all ins will be fit to play. McLean to go head to head with Mitchell and Bartram to tag one of Bateman or Lewis. Rivers if fit to play on Franklin otherwise raffle it between Frawley and Warnock.

Food for thought: Should Wonaeamirri play a defensive role on Rioli or should we keep him as an attacking option?

I am staggered that anyone would want Moloney dropped.

What was it about his game on Sunday that should see him out of the side?

Was it his hardness? His attack on the ball, his score assists, penetrating kicking or sheer guts?

Fess up...

What I would like to see:

Inclusions bolded.

Backs: Whelan Frawley Carroll

Half Backs: Rivers Warnock Bruce

Centres: Sylvia, Mclean, Morton

Half Forwards: Bate, Miller, Davey

Forwards: Wonaeamirri, Robbo, Green

Followers: White, Mcdonald, Jones.

Interchange: Valenti, Johnson, Garland, Moloney

I am staggered that anyone would want Moloney dropped.

What was it about his game on Sunday that should see him out of the side?

Was it his hardness? His attack on the ball, his score assists, penetrating kicking or sheer guts?

Fess up...

It is rare that all three of Jones, McLean and Moloney play a good game on the same day. With Valenti now in the side I believe one of our inside midfielders needs to make way for the sake of team balance.

However as Rivers, Wheatley and Whelan are all no certainty to play Moloney's spot is probably safe.