Interchange (from) Beaumont Cook Greene Little Lockwood McKenzie Stack Stretton

Sandringham

Backs Biddlecombe Lamb Whelan

Half backs Buckley Martin Bode

Centreline Yze Poyas T Johnston

Half forwards Waller Holland Crowe

Forwards Maric Sautner Tregear

Followers P Johnson Summers Valenti

Interchange (from) Cheney Dunn M Johnston Martyn C Liddell Meesen Monaghan Spencer

Missing from the side is Michael "Juice" Newton - apparently injured at training. Chris Johnson who played well in the Zebras' last game is also out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very surprised that belly isnt having a run because i thought he could do with ids a rest rather than a run at sandy...is he carrying something?

or are there rules about afl players playing this week with no afl match? because none of the mfc listed players named played last week...

Is that Fats Waller on the Half-Forward flank?

Can any of the Sandy regulars tell us who this is?

And how far away do you think McNamara and Zomer are from getting games?

Still no Weetra I see ...

Is that Fats Waller on the Half-Forward flank?

Can any of the Sandy regulars tell us who this is?

And how far away do you think McNamara and Zomer are from getting games?

Still no Weetra I see ...

It's actually Chris Waller, he isn't fat and to the best of my knowledge doesn't perform jazz. Waller is a utility from Beaumaris who trained pre season with Richmond. He made his senior debut for Sandy in the televised game v Bendigo Bombers and impressed with two goals.

McNamara and Zomer are developing well in the reserves but are still a fair way off senior selection with the Zebras and probably will not get many senior games unless injuries intervene. Likewise Weetra who seem to be a fixture in the reserves now after a promising pre season and a couple of early games with Melbourne.

The reserves team is now available:-

WILLIAMSTOWN v SANDRINGHAM RESERVES

Sunday 11th May

Burbank Oval at 11:10 AM

FREE Admission to all spectators.

Sandringham

Backs B Liddell Curcio Martyn

Half backs Plymin Gribbin McNamara

Centreline Monaghan Dean McConnell

Half forwards Lyall Zomer Gilchrist

Forwards Weetra Cleeve Lockwood

Followers Shakaib M Johnston Cheney

Interchange from Eaton Gravina Hardiman Kondarovskis Sargent Spencer Vickers Williams

BTW - neither Chris Johnson nor Juice Newton are shown on the latest injury list at the melbournefc site -

David Neitz - Neck - Long-term injury list

Jack Grimes - Back - Long-term injury list

Paul Johnson - Hand - Test

Colin Sylvia - Hamstring - 2-3 weeks

Ricky Petterd - Groin - 3-4 weeks

Good chance for Buckley, PJ and Whelan to get a spot in the seniors.

With all of last weeks team not getting the chance to impress, a great game would go along way to senior selection.

Newton can't take a trick this year.

Up to now, Newton has been front and centre responsible for his own disposition so far this year. When our forward line has been screaming out for a key forward in big letters, Newton takes short steps in the big league gets dropped performs so-so in teams that are dominating and has the stupidity to get reported and suspended.

No sympathy here. Just underwhelmed with his contribution to date.

I hope he recovers quickly and has the red hot go at AFL that he seems not to have shown thus far.

It's actually Chris Waller, he isn't fat and to the best of my knowledge doesn't perform jazz. Waller is a utility from Beaumaris who trained pre season with Richmond. He made his senior debut for Sandy in the televised game v Bendigo Bombers and impressed with two goals.

McNamara and Zomer are developing well but are still a fair way off senior selection with the Zebras and probably will not get many senior games unless injuries intervene. Likewise Weetra who seem to be a fixture in the reserves now after a promising pre season and a couple of early games with Melbourne.

Thaks Barry, I was in Brisbane at the time of the Bendigo game, surprisingly it wasnt on TV up there, so didnt see the Bendigo game. Sad to hear he doesnt play Jazz with a name like that!

I thought McNamara showed a fair bit in the pre-season game against Geelong, despite his young age and small frame, surprised he hasnt pushed sooner for a Sandy seniors game.

Finally, do you know how Gallagher and Hughes are progressing in their long-term injury recuperation?

Interchange (from) Cheney Dunn M Johnston Martyn C Liddell Meesen Monaghan Spencer

I'll be interested to see who gets the 2nd ruck position out of Meesen and Spencer. The jury is still out on Meesen in my opinion.

Those who have been watching Sandy can comment--is Meesen doing any work in the ruck?
As I've said elsewhere, he doesn't look 201cm and in the pre-season match v Geelong, he didn't contest any centre ruck bounces. Tho he looks athletic I'm not certain why he was selected pre-season
I'll be interested to see who gets the 2nd ruck position out of Meesen and Spencer. The jury is still out on Meesen in my opinion.

Also guys this game will be on the Radio at 1611 AM in Mebourne and on the internet at www.radio1611.com.au

The VFL have also UPDATED their website - so in the broadcast section you'll see what radio station is covering what game right up until round 12 - for what the ABC TV are covering, you'll need to download the fixture.

Cheers...

Peter.

P.S. If you CAN go to the game on Sunday GO!!!! It's free, it'd be fantastic to have at least 3 or 4 thousand there.

Also guys this game will be on the Radio at 1611 AM in Mebourne and on the internet at www.radio1611.com.au

The VFL have also UPDATED their website - so in the broadcast section you'll see what radio station is covering what game right up until round 12 - for what the ABC TV are covering, you'll need to download the fixture.

Cheers...

Peter.

P.S. If you CAN go to the game on Sunday GO!!!! It's free, it'd be fantastic to have at least 3 or 4 thousand there.

It's not on for me (although I admit I'm enjoying "More 80s More 90s" which is what's actually being streamed). I'd much rather listen to the footy though, especially after frigging around for over an hour to get the link to work. Here, in the inner north, ordinary radio reception is not an option, even in the car.

any updates guys?

I gave up listening to the 80's and 90's mix

Half Time:

WILLY 8.6 SANDY 3.6

That is all.

My Hit Pick so far is "Breakaway" by Big Pig (1987).

Guest MFC4Life

A very underwhelming performance. Willy on top for the majority of the day. We got to within 5 points in the third quarter but it blew out after that, Willy having a 7 goal last quarter:

Bode: Found a lot of the ball as a loose back flanker but clearly not in our best 22.

Buckley: Did some very nice things and kicked a few goals. Sure he breaks the lines and carries it which is all well and good but there is no accountabilty. If he loses the ball it is always usually and instant turnover.

Cheney: A few touches but nothing special. Learning the game.

Dunn: Uninspiring. A few nice touches but should be dominating at this level.

Chris Johnson: Solid VFL footballer

Paul Johnson: Great game. BOG Sandy player in my opinion. Got heaps of the footy with great disposal and virtuall acted as an anchor for wherever the ball was as well as being creative. Should have an instant return next week.

Maric: Great 1st quarter but then tailed off. Kicked 1 or 2 goals.

Martin: Pleased with his game always trys and most of the time does very nice things but still has the occasional *k up.

Meesen: A worry. Gets the ball but is so unsure and cannot take a contested mark. At this stage nowhere near our best 22.

Whelan: Solid first half but did not play at all in the second. Don't know if he's injured but he certainly wasn't limping.

Valenti: Usual statistics but often gets caught short because of lack of speed.

I agree with those sentiments - a disappointing day for the club and a very lacklustre performance from the seniors who were outclassed by the home side. The Zebras lost it in the first quarter when they couldn't handle the breeze and were outscored even though they were kicking to what should have been the scoring end. After conceding three early goals in the second term Sandy fought back but a goal from a free on the siren was costly. In the third quarter the Zebs came at Willi again and got to within a goal before a rally of three late goals put them back in control. The Seagulls were great in the last quarter and ended up winning by 64 points after kicking 10 of the last 11 goals of the game.

PJ was very good and Simon Buckley flashed in out of the game with some nice passages of play. Matty Whelan was off early (also not sure of the injury) and Adem Yze did not play.

Williamstown 3.1 19 8.6.54 12.10.82 19.16.130

Sandringham 1.4.10 3.6.24 8.10.58 9.12.66

Goals

Wlliamstown Little Skipper Rose 3 Ward 2 Galea Harbrow Johnson McDougall O'Keefe Ray Stretton Urch

Sandringham Maric Sautner Summers 2 Buckley Crowe Johnson

Best

Williamstown Jolley Ward Street Skipper Harbrow Meyer

Sandringham Biddlecombe Summers Crowe Buckley Valenti Holland

The reserves were in the hunt until the main break of their top of the table clash but were unsighted after half time.

Williamstown 7.1.49 13.4.82 20.10.130 29.13.187

Sandringham 7.1.49 12.5 77 12.8 .80 12.10.82

Goals

Williamstown Cook 8 Chiu O'Shea 3 Keddell 2 Mulligan Reid 2 Cravino Dullard Jenkins Lynch Lyons McKenzie White Wood Young

Sandringham Cleeve Zomer 3 Gilchrist 2 Eaton Lyall McConnell Vickers

Best

Williamstown Cook Langlands Cravino Reid Grossman White

Sandringham Monaghan Johnston Gilchrist Plymin Cleeve B Liddell

Williamstown 3.1 8.6 12.10 19.16 (130)

Sandringham 1.4 3.6 8.10 9.12 (66)

Bode:Tried hard all day, not disgraced. worked hard to present.

Buckley: Turns the ball over too much & hurts us as much if not more than opponents. Needs to make better decisions.

Cheney:Learning the game. Maybe back to the 2nds for a spell.

Dunn: Looked to be tagging to me. Did a couple of nice things.

Chris Johnson: I want to see him let loose & take the game on more. C'mon CJ, cut loose.

Paul Johnson: Played well, looked good. But the opposition rucks hurt us.

Maric: Great 1st quarter but then tailed off. Kicked 1 or 2 goals. YEP.

Martin: Reliable, solid, good decision maker with the ball, but is NOT READY to step up yet. Learning the game around Half back. Needs to have a big preseason turning that puppy fat into lean muscle. Needs some speed work.

Meesen: I've been critical of Meesen from games I've seen of him this year but I noticed a different steely determination today. He contested harder today without much confidance behind him. Encouraging effort.

Whelan: Solid first half but did not play at all in the second. Don't know if he's injured but he certainly wasn't limping. YEP.

Valenti: Usual statistics but often gets caught short because of lack of speed. Tried to lift a flat side today by trying to do too much for someone without a lot of speed, is prepared to take the responsibility.