• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - RORY TAGGERT

Welcome to the Melbourne Football Club - RORY TAGGERT (North Ballarat)

KEVIN SHEEHAN SAYS

"(North Ballarat Rebels, Vic) 188, 87, 22/06/93 Versatile Vic Country rep, strong hands overhead and a good kick and decision-maker. Strong in his approach to the ball. From Horsham Saints FC."

Dont know anything about him. Anyone got the lowdown?

ANy ideas? Don't even have a photo...

First smokey.

No kidding...No height...No weight...No photo...

:-)

OI! Demondeb! Stole my avatar from a month or two ago... I'm totally confused here.

From the MFC website:

Rory Taggert

Height: 188cm

Weight: 87kg

DOB: 22/6/93

Club: North Ballarat Rebels

A versatile player, Taggert is capable of playing forward, back or in the midfield. He is strong overhead, good one-on-one, and an impressive decision maker. He is solid on the right foot.

"Taggert a medium forward. Elite mark and kick, knocks were endurance and work ethic but improving. From North Ballarat. Now a Dee"

OI! Demondeb! Stole my avatar from a month or two ago... I'm totally confused here.

ooh sorry Dan, do you want it? I can add another.

From Snoop's BF Phantom:

"Terrific sized midfielder who can play a few different roles and has the ability to push fwd and kick goals. Got a guernsey for VC but not sure he ran out (certainly not the games i saw). Has reasonable pace but terrific agility and endurance. Skills are very good"

Thanks to Snoopdog from bigfooty, he had him going as a rookie pick
# 48 St Kilda - Rory Taggart (North Ballarat - midfielder / fwd)

Terrific sized midfielder who can play a few different roles and has the ability to push fwd and kick goals. Got a guernsey for VC but not sure he ran out (certainly not the games i saw). Has reasonable pace but terrific agility and endurance. Skills are very good

Edit: lol stylus, beat me to it!!
Edited by Jarka

Name: Rory Taggert Number: 14 Local Club: Horsham Saints Height: 188cm Weight: 87kg DOB: 22-06-1993 2011 Statistics Games: 1 Goals: 1 Total possessions (avg): 15 (15) Total marks (avg): 1 (1) Total tackles (avg): 5 (5) Bio Nickname Tagz Most embarrassing football moment? Kicking 3 goals 11 including hitting the post 7 times in Under 14's Favourite movie? Remember the Titans Favourite drink? Creaming soda

I'm thinking backline, unless someone told him to aim for the post and he kept doing it.

The 187-centimetre midfielder-cum-forward impressed at AFL Draft Combine in October after he was invited following strong performances for TAC Cup club North Ballarat Rebels.

"I'd never broken three seconds in the 20 metres and I did that for the first time and I had run 14.1 before the camp and I run a 14.8 beep test, so I was happy with that," Taggert said.

"I got third overall in vertical leap and fourth in the handball test."

Taggert reached his goals in those tests but was disappointed with his result in the Nathan Buckley-designed kicking test.

Having prided himself on his precise kicking, the former St Brigid's College student felt he wiltered under the pressure.

Barry Prendergast interviewed on SEN.

Mentioned that having filled a lot of holes in the list in the last 2-3 drafts, so were looking at best available.

Described Taggart as a really talented big-bodied midfielder

Reminds me of Ryan O'Keefe

• Like 1