• Latest Podcast: JLT 02 Brisbane

H_T

Changes this week

IN: Robertson, Cheney, Watts (new), Dunn

OUT: Miller, Whelan, Bell, McDonald (inj)

edited.

edited. :lol:

In: Robertson (plays QB well, need his goal kicking), Cheney (surely is doing enough at Casey to warrant a recall)

Out: I have no idea. Miller certainly will come under consideration. Otherwise, Bell? Whelan?

I'd like to think that Daniel Bell gets another week to settle and have a crack at it.

I agree that with our forward like functioning like an U12's we definately need a marking target, I'll probably get shot down for this one but I think Newton could be given another opportunity without Miller in the side as a lead up target.

In: Robertson, Cheney

Out: Miller, ????? Bell?????

Don't worry about the question marks NJ, you are spot on with this one ;)

In Robertson, Cheney

Out Martin, Miller

What's that for? I'd have thought that, given Collingwood's forward line, Martin could play as a forward this week.

Would be good to debut someone on QB but if they aint ready...

This team won't be picked until Sat so extended bench of Cheney, Newton, and Robertson is my guess.

And a good guess at that rpfc

In: Newton, Cheney

Out: Miller, Johnson

I'd be happy with any combination of the above.

I want to see Newton get a real crack. From what I've heard from Casey watchers, his work rate is good enough; he chases and applies defensive pressure, which makes him a better option than Robertson at the moment. Confidence is his biggest worry at the moment IMO; give him a chance to build on it. If he still flounders it must be just about career over. The worst thing that could happen is we lose. Big whoop.

I want to keep Bell in for another week as well. Like Newton he's currently fighting for his career.

I don't rate PJ. I'd rather play a small who can get the ball in his place. Cheney is my choice. He's busting the door down to be picked, which is great, and he's been stiff to miss out for the last couple of weeks. I doubt this move will happen though.

I think Miller's form speaks for itself.

And a good guess at that rpfc

Maybe, but I'm fence sitting aren't I...

Miller might be in trouble, Bell did little, and Martin is struggling to find a place at the minute. Two of those might make way.

Really want to see more of Cheney.

With Jamar back, Martin either plays down back or doesn't play. If Cloke plays Martin might keep his spot, otherwise a spell at Casey wouldn't hurt. Miller, form is the key, this guy has lost form.

I want to see Newton get a real crack. From what I've heard from Casey watchers, his work rate is good enough; he chases and applies defensive pressure, which makes him a better option than Robertson at the moment. Confidence is his biggest worry at the moment IMO; give him a chance to build on it. If he still flounders it must be just about career over. The worst thing that could happen is we lose. Big whoop.

I want to keep Bell in for another week as well. Like Newton he's currently fighting for his career.

I don't rate PJ. I'd rather play a small who can get the ball in his place. Cheney is my choice. He's busting the door down to be picked, which is great, and he's been stiff to miss out for the last couple of weeks. I doubt this move will happen though.

I have a feeling that Newton's passport has already been stamped with the exit visa and no further entries.

In: Cheney, Robbo/Newton (please be Robbo. Don't think I can handle Newton again)

Out: PJ, Whelan

I will probably get crucified for suggesting we drop Wheels, but to be honest he is just not accountable enough these days and I think Cheney desperately deserves a game.

Miller could be under the pump as well, but in reality if you take him out we have nobody to replace him in that CHF position... unless we choose to play an undersized Sylvia.

Jamar to be given the chance to ruck the entire game, with Martin helping out in the forwardline. If we could manage with PJ as lone ruckman, we can manage with Jamar too.

As one who attended yesterday's Casey games, I would say that Robertson, Newton and Jurrah where the pick of the forwards in a good Casey win against good opposition. All three of them kicked waywardly at times, Robbo and Newton in particular. Cheney had a very good game.; Jurrah could be anything.

In Cheney, Newton, Robertson

Out Miller, Bate, Johnson

I love the IN:OUT threads, so many opinions none of them right. Or should I say correct.

OUT Bell

IN Cheney

I have said before that we shouldn't play a guy for 1 week then drop him, Bell is the exception.

IN: Robertson, Cheney, Newton

OUT: Miller, Whelan, PJ

edited (Mon 1/6/09 - 1pm).

Sorry mate need to ruckman against the scum and PJ is one of those cant leave him out we will get murdered with just Jamar in. Also who would you suppose we kick the ball to if Miller is out?

I have a feeling that Newton's passport has already been stamped with the exit visa and no further entries.

Newton get a real crack how much longer did you want to keep him in there without a result. The crows game was the last straw for me sorry stamp that passport of to the Gold Coast.

IN: Newton, Robertson

OUT: Bell, Miller

FB: RIVERS, WARNOCK, WHELAN

HB: FRAWLEY, MARTIN, BENNELL

C: MORTON, MOLONEY, DAVEY

HF: BATE, ROBERTSON, SYLVIA

FF: GREEN, NEWTON, MARIC

FOLL: JAMAR, BRUCE, McLEAN

INT: GRIMES, JOHNSON, JONES, McDONALD

EMERG: BARTRAM, BELL, WATTS

Bell a little unlucky to get dropped but he didn't do anything to demand to be kept in the side. Robbo & Newton to add marking power to the forward line and allow Martin to go back to defence where he plays his best football.

Sorry mate need to ruckman against the scum and PJ is one of those cant leave him out we will get murdered with just Jamar in. Also who would you suppose we kick the ball to if Miller is out?

Well, if you have a look at a couple of my "INS", you might have a clue.

We have Martin who can pinch hit in the ruck, to help Jamar. Which is what Melbourne have been doing with PJ, whilst Jamar has been out. Do you watch the footy?

Lets give Martin 2 or 3 weeks at Casey to play the entire game as a key marking forward and let him learn the position against weaker opposition than AFL and see if he can come back and have an impact up forward...

Bell won't be dropped. They've got to give him another chance, having only just come back into the side. I also think Robbo should be out for an extra week and Newton should come in. Cheney does deserve a game, but with Bell only just coming back, I don't see him fitting in. Bennell was a shining light in the Saints game, while Grimes was the other. Are they not both similar to Cheney? Also, the criticism of Martin is a little harsh. He's just being played out of position. Put him down back.

Bell won't be dropped. They've got to give him another chance, having only just come back into the side. I also think Robbo should be out for an extra week and Newton should come in. Cheney does deserve a game, but with Bell only just coming back, I don't see him fitting in. Bennell was a shining light in the Saints game, while Grimes was the other. Are they not both similar to Cheney? Also, the criticism of Martin is a little harsh. He's just being played out of position. Put him down back.

Our Backline is OK so martin to continue to develop as a forward. I think your spot on re cheney, maybe if Jmac does not come up after that horrible knee twist/bend he could be a chance. Robbo and LJ are both a chance for this week.

In- Hughes, Robertson, Cheney

Out- Miller, Whelen, Martin,

Hughes- has been playing well for casey, he has that sort of x factor, would rather see him have a crack before Newton comes back into the side.

Robertson- played well for casey on the weekend, having kicked 3 goals 6, the in e chased very well and he is a proven performer in queens birthday matches.

Cheney- was very stiff to be omitted for the stkilda game, he was in the best 2 on the weekend by far by taking 10 grabs, and having 30+ disposals.

Miller- Time For a rest at casey

Whelen- Game has gone past him, Its too quick for the wrecker im afraid.

Martin- Needs to go back to the twos and get some confidence.

I'll probably get shot down for this one but I think Newton could be given another opportunity without Miller in the side as a lead up target.

Agree. I think Newton has one life left to make it as an AFL footballer. This may be it.

Fair comments on all points.

Even PJs most ardent supporters recognise he cant ruck