Melbourne VS Sandringham

Timmuns

timmy it would be interesting, and usually id say one of the main differences would be the quality of the taller players. saunter might be good but he is smaller and slower compared to most afl tall forwards. however, with neitz out, and us badly out of form it would be interesting.

you would have to think the dees would get up without too much trouble, but it would be an interesting practice match preseason wouldnt it?

when i was 17 i played reserves for a local team and we were a top 2 side, whereas our senior team barely won a game. one night at training we had the seniors vs reserves in a scratch match and they made us look silly. they rolled out against most other senior sides and got spanked, but i really found a new respect for those guys after they virtually held us scoreless.

It would be closer than alot of you think.

Especially the Round 1 Melbourne side vs. the Sandy side that lined up in a practice match that week. I would say that game would have been decided by less than a few goals.

Sandy had Rivers, Holland, Dunn. Melbourne had Weetra, Morton (will be good but far too soft and cant get his own ball) and a whole heap of players who just weren't in form.

If someone can go through and find the 2 sides of that week and match them up they'll see what i'm talking about.

No it wouldn't.

You obviously have never played football for a club at senior level (or have a great wealth of knowledge about the game in general) if you honestly believe that Melbourne's best 22 would not slaughter the next best + Sandy guys

I know alot more than you think buddy. The thing i'm saying is that for starters it wasn't melbournes best 22 - Weetra for example. Also there were a number of guys playing for Sandy who are in Melbourne's best 22 - Rivers, Dunn, Holland ( I'd prefer him than Robbo or Neitz at the moment).

I would also back the likes of Crowe to beat Garland, and Lamb/Biddlecombe to beat Neitz/Robbo in the present state. Summers and Valenti could match it with Jones and Junior. And before you pipe up about Junior winning 2 B&F's, he's really not that good a player. He's done it over a couple of years where much better players have missed big chunks of the season.

lol Biddelcombe . . .

A 6 foot nothing who tries to play full back.

And I will bring up McDonald's best and fairests because at least he's good enough to get a game (something Valenti and Summers are not)

You've also mentioned in total 8 players in the Sandringham side and unless you're going to play 8 a side you still need 14 more to field a full team.

The slight differences to the best sides might reduce the margin to 50 points but the 1sts would still win hands down.

Really don't think you've completely comprehended the massive gap between AFL and VFL.

He got AA selection as a negative player and got picked because of his improvement from years prior. Melbourne supporters love him but ask any ohter supporter/player/coach of another team of their true opinion and theyll say he is an honest player at best.

And i know i've only mentioned 8 names cos i can't be bothered getting fully into it. I'm telling you that the team that played for Sandringham against Box Hill a month ago would give the team that was on the park for Melbourne when they got beaten by 100 odd points by Hawthorn a run for their money. Not saying that they would win but to even bring up this conversation is an embarrassment for the MFC and is why they're doing so poorly. Obviously someone else agreed to start up this topic and i can tell you that this isn't the only place it has been seriously discussed.

B: Paul Wheatley, Nathan Carroll, Colin Garland

F: Austin Wonaeamirri , Nick Sautner, Ben Holland

HB: Ricky Petterd, Daniel Bell, James McDonald

HF: Addam Maric, Rod Crowe, Lynden Dunn

C: Brad Green, Brock McLean, Simon Buckley

C: John Meesen, Ezra Poyas, Chad Liddell

HF: Cameron Bruce, Brad Miller, Adem Yze

HB: Clint Bartram, Jarred Rivers, Matthew Whelan

F: Michael Newton, David Neitz, Russell Robertson

B: Stef Martin, Chris Lamb, Andy Biddlecombe

Foll: Jeff White, Aaron Davey, Nathan Jones

Foll: Mark Jamar, Peter Summers, Shane Valenti

Int: Paul Johnson, Brent Moloney, Cale Morton, Isaac Weetra

Int: Marc Johnston, Matt Warnock, Sam Monaghan, Tomi Johnston, James Frawley

Here we go. I know there is 5 on the bench for the Sandy team but I went back and looked at the team list for that day and couldn’t work out which player didn’t player. Anyway, obviously match-ups and position could be changed but have a look.

I know in best form the MFC side would win hands down but think about the current football each player is playing. You’ve got 5 MFC players already back playing for Sandy, a couple injured and a few others that are definitely on their way or on the fringe of being dropped- Neitz (I know injured but in poor form), Robbo, Moloney. And many other who have put in maybe one or two good game for the dees this year – Davey, Brock, Green and then you’ve got some others who are just getting a game but would be no where near at most other clubs- Bruce, Green, Miller and the young bodied Morton who didn’t do that much when playing for Sandy but has to be given a game at the moment considering his youth, draft selection and the look towards the future.

Especially the Round 1 Melbourne side vs. the Sandy side that lined up in a practice match that week. I would say that game would have been decided by less than a few goals.

Sandy had Rivers, Holland, Dunn. Melbourne had Weetra, Morton (will be good but far too soft and cant get his own ball) and a whole heap of players who just weren't in form.

If someone can go through and find the 2 sides of that week and match them up they'll see what i'm talking about.

Have to laugh at this piece of "throw-away" crap!

Morton so far this season :

51 Kicks

34 Handballs

22 Marks

23 Contested Possessions

11 Running bounces

More contested possessions than the following :

Cameron Bruce

Nathan Carrol

Robbo

Daniel Bell

Colin Sylvia

Brent Moloney

Brad Miller

Get your head straight before speaking absolute bull$hit!

I was aware of that and waiting for someone to say that. Contested possesion isn't winning your own ball always. Look at Aussie's last game where he had 12 possesions for the game, all contested. Look back and see if every possesion he had he won his own ball in a true contest.

I was aware of that and waiting for someone to say that. Contested possesion isn't winning your own ball always. Look at Aussie's last game where he had 12 possesions for the game, all contested. Look back and see if every possesion he had he won his own ball in a true contest.

Your logic is pathetic. Let's just say that some of the possessions that are designated as "contested" aren't in fact "winning your own ball". Fine. Does that prove that players who get contested possession stats are soft? No. It is more likely to mean they are an inside player than an outside player, which is still more likely to be a statistical demonstration of hardness. Not to mention, just watch the way Cale plays - he loves a contest and his body is not yet nearly developed. So back off him.

How you can bag Morton at all shows how jaded you are. And to even think that Sandy would get close to Melbourne is plain dumb.

Half the Sandy side is made up of players not good enough to be selected in the (bottom of the ladder) MFC side, the other half is made up of players not good enough for the AFL in general.

I wonder who would win?

Half the Sandy side is made up of players not good enough to be selected in the (bottom of the ladder) MFC side, the other half is made up of players not good enough for the AFL in general.

I wonder who would win?

Sandy.

Saunter would kick a bag of 14 while being double team by Carroll and Miller.

Your logic is pathetic. Let's just say that some of the possessions that are designated as "contested" aren't in fact "winning your own ball". Fine. Does that prove that players who get contested possession stats are soft? No. It is more likely to mean they are an inside player than an outside player, which is still more likely to be a statistical demonstration of hardness. Not to mention, just watch the way Cale plays - he loves a contest and his body is not yet nearly developed. So back off him.

How you can bag Morton at all shows how jaded you are. And to even think that Sandy would get close to Melbourne is plain dumb.

That is the funnies thing i have ever read. Morton putting his body on the line. In all his games he has noticeably backed off a contest. Commentators have been noticing it but saying they'll go easy on him because of his youth. ie. Guerra sliding in at him round 1. There has been a couple every game.

And just for the record i really rate Cale. I think he is a super talent, and will be a top player in the competition if he can learn to put his body on the line.

Sandy.

Saunter would kick a bag of 14 while being double team by Carroll and Miller.

For Saunter to get 14 kicks he would need to play Full Back and the MFC to be off target