Sandringham looking for a FF this week ...

Zomer gets his chance!

Something about him i like

Or Newton, if you believe the rumours, maybe even Robbo.

I'll do it!! Don't know how and its besides the fact that i have other commitments and there is no way i could play VFL level but if they need me i'll do it :lol:

Neitz looked very serious at training.

That was the other rumour Franky. If true it'd be the biggest selection decision I can ever remember at the Dees.

From the VFL Tribunal -

Nicholas Sautner - Sandringham Guilty of Charging - 1 Match Suspension

Terrible news about Sautner.

He should have got life.

Bring on Zoom Zoom Zomer.

So the rumours include both Robertson and Neitz? I guess if you shoot enough targets you'll hit a target eventually. I'm not sure these are on the mark though.

Nor do I, but that was the rumour posted on Ology. We'll know soon enough.

IF IF IF...then it would fit with Bailey's approach pretty neatly. Bizarre as it was, we really had chances against the cats (not many and we couldn't sustain it). They were not gunning us down, but rather making the most of our errors. And we failed to capitalise on theirs. Change that just a little (a few contest wins to us and a few less to them at key moments) and we could have at least been within striking distance with just minutes to go. Neitz was ineffective, as was robbo. He is not leading by example, nd if he cannt, needs to be made responsible for it - and clearly. If establishing a 'culture' is the important goal of the year, then Neita may cop it.

IF IF IF...then it would fit with Bailey's approach pretty neatly. Bizarre as it was, we really had chances against the cats (not many and we couldn't sustain it). They were not gunning us down, but rather making the most of our errors. And we failed to capitalise on theirs. Change that just a little (a few contest wins to us and a few less to them at key moments) and we could have at least been within striking distance with just minutes to go. Neitz was ineffective, as was robbo. He is not leading by example, nd if he cannt, needs to be made responsible for it - and clearly. If establishing a 'culture' is the important goal of the year, then Neita may cop it.

I think people r kidding themselves if they think the captain would be dropped. That just will not happen it would be disasterous for a team already struggling like ours and in any event he is indeed setting by example-his work rate. It is not a captains job to be BOG every week or to kick bags of goals. neitz will never shy away from a contest, brings the ball to ground and tries his heart out like always. He leads the team like this and backs up his younger team mates. That is what u want from a captain. Whilst he doesn't have the goals on the board its not his job anymore bails is using him differently. Those who expect bags every week have no idea of the game plan. Danners wanted the ball kicked long and quick to neitz. bails is using neita further out from goal and not simply looking for neitz to kick goals but looking for the team to kick goals. I think people need to stop judging our captain on goals kicked its too simplistic and is something only people who are not football savvy would do.

I doubt Robbo will be dropped either although there is merit in contemplating it...

Good points timD. Neitz does need to lift and I am sure he knows it. I am happy that when he does make errors that he is not beyond a spray from the Coach. Everyone is accountable.

IMO I think Robbo is on shakier ground at the moment.

I'm at sixes and sevens Tim, yes it was our best performance for the year, and as DB said we were competitive for 'most' of the match - though not all of it - but our skill level at the moment isn't good enough to beat more than two or three sides. Geelong could easily have been 7 or 8 goals up at half time and that would really have rocked our confidence again - that they weren't is a massive bonus for us. Even five points down into the third quarter you always knew the cats had something left in the tank.

I think Bailey is on the right track in terms of his game plan and making us more accountable, but it will take longer to fix the skills. I think we're a show against the Kangas, but only if our pressure brings their skill level back to ours... We won't really start to be dangerous side until we can be competitive for 100% of game time and improve our skills.

Whatever our forward set-up its must be able to both score and apply defensive pressure.

I recall one poster stating that Carroll's only played 1 & 1/2 good quarters this year.

Interesting to note that this corresponded with the only time our forward unit was applying adequate defensive pressure

I'm at sixes and sevens Tim, yes it was our best performance for the year, and as DB said we were competitive for 'most' of the match - though not all of it - but our skill level at the moment isn't good enough to beat more than two or three sides. Geelong could easily have been 7 or 8 goals up at half time and that would really have rocked our confidence again - that they weren't is a massive bonus for us. Even five points down into the third quarter you always knew the cats had something left in the tank.

I think Bailey is on the right track in terms of his game plan and making us more accountable, but it will take longer to fix the skills. I think we're a show against the Kangas, but only if our pressure brings their skill level back to ours... We won't really start to be dangerous side until we can be competitive for 100% of game time and improve our skills.

I wonder how many clubs would remain tolerant of their full forward if he had reaped just two goals from three matches in teams that were losing heavily and was dropping simple marks on top of it.

I know what you mean Graz about the game. But I think geelong only scored goals in the first quarter due to errors - cut them out and they may have arrived at quarter time goalless in front of a dissatisfied crowd. Pressure is a funny thing.

I like the accountability in Bailey's plan. I wonder how he will institute accountability in the leadership group - as leaders. Is neitz accopuntable to the coach for his leadership - which includes onground performance?

I know what you mean Graz about the game. But I think geelong only scored goals in the first quarter due to errors - cut them out and they may have arrived at quarter time goalless in front of a dissatisfied crowd. Pressure is a funny thing.

I like the accountability in Bailey's plan. I wonder how he will institute accountability in the leadership group - as leaders. Is neitz accopuntable to the coach for his leadership - which includes onground performance?

TD great points again... The captain is as accountable as the rest of the playing group. If Bails does not think he is cutting it then he will be asked to spend some time at sandy showing he can play the way Bails wants the entire playing list too.

Captains are sacred cows at all clubs but what a way to make a statement to the young blokes and the so called miscreants (ie Hi-Ho Sylvia etc) that no matter who you are if you are not pulling your weight there are consequences.

Now whether his form deserves a dropping is open for debate by smarter footy brains than mine.

Now whether his form deserves a dropping is open for debate by smarter footy brains than mine.

He turns the ball over every second time he touches it, he's only kicked two goals and he's dropping sitters... he's in pretty bad form.

I feel sick. I love Neita, and he has given heaps to the club and has lead when things have been poor, has been constantly double and triple teamed...ignoted by umps and poorly supported by fellow players.

Its not right I tell ya.

Hearing Date - Wednesday 9th April, 2008

Nicholas Sautner - Sandringham

Not Guilty of Charging

Sorry to upset you but he got off on appeal!

I don't know whether Zomer would have got a game anyway this week considering it is Frankston and the 12/10 rule is in place. So a Sandringham player would have to come in for Sautner and if Zomer were to play it owuld be at the expense of a MFC listed player; perhaps Cheney or Warnock. Sautner got off so it doesn't really matter now anyway.

I don't know whether Zomer would have got a game anyway this week considering it is Frankston and the 12/10 rule is in place. So a Sandringham player would have to come in for Sautner and if Zomer were to play it owuld be at the expense of a MFC listed player; perhaps Cheney or Warnock. Sautner got off so it doesn't really matter now anyway.

Not really with both PJ and Meesen now injured it actually creates two vacancies for Sandy. Sautner may have to play in the ruck if Martin and Jamar get a call up. :D

He turns the ball over every second time he touches it, he's only kicked two goals and he's dropping sitters... he's in pretty bad form.

Neita? turns it over? He only hjas shots at goal.... I agree his is not in the best form of his career but delivery is a huge factor for the forward line in general this season to date.

Just a question slightly off topic

Can anyone tell me what happens with the Collingwood or Geelong VFL sides, play a non-alligned sided like Frankston or Port Melbourne. Does the 12-10 rule still apply? If so, what do the excess AFL listed players do?