3. Brad Miller

4. Jace Bode

5. Russell Robertson

6. Colin Garland

7. Matthew Warnock

8. Chris Johnson

9. Isaac Weetra

10. Matthew Whelan

Why so harsh on Weetra? Its his first season, with very little game time under his belt. I thought he has played with some effort in the last few weeks.

Unless there is something that your seeing that I'm not.

Clunk

Why so harsh on Weetra? Its his first season, with very little game time under his belt. I thought he has played with some effort in the last few weeks.

Unless there is something that your seeing that I'm not.

Clunk

He made a couple of super courageous efforts against Hawthorn. However, he has basically run around like a head-less chook, fumbles too much, and is unable to chase his oppenents when the ball is rebounded out of our fwd line. Therefore he is not AFL standard at the moment.

Give him time, but his selection at AFL level was generous and premature.

TOP 10 MVP

1. MCLEAN: He's playing crap ATM but he has the ability to change a game and gets the best tagger every week.

2. NEITZ: He's is the heart and soul of the club. When he fires so does the club.

3. RIVERS: Cause we have no other quality backman.

4. DAVEY: The only 1 with pace in the team but he losing that quality.

5. ROBERTSON : Can win games but doesn't do it enough.

6. JONES: He is not damaging enough and I don't see any improvement in him, it's only because he is young and we have so many bad players that he doesn't cop it more.

7. CARROLL: And that is the problem, if he gets belted so does the team.

8. BATE: Our only hope for a CHF.

9. WHITE : Needs to do more around the ground.

10. BRUCE : His versatility makes him valuable his form has put him further down the list than he should be.

Magic's list is a most promising list not most valuble. How can Maric be valuable if he has never played a game and Dunn and Sylvia have showed very little?

As for promising players Morton is the only 1 and I have high hopes for Bate and I am hoping like hell that McLean can regain some form, the rest have a lot to prove. Let's all hope that next year's draft can be more fruitful than the past drafts because we are going to need it.

TOP 10 LVP

1. MILLER: The worst player in the AFL.

2. YZE: Should have went to Carlton when he had the chance.

3. GREEN: Plays 1 game a year and still keeps his spot in the team.

4. JAMAR: Continues to do nothing.

5. WARNOCK : Another Miller.

6. C.JOHNSON : Has done nothing.

7. WHEATLEY : Is a very ordinary player.

8. P.JOHNSON : Needs to showe more heart.

9. WEETRA : I only need to see 2 games to know that he is the next Grgic.

10. MOLONEY : I think his career is over he can't kick and has been revaged by injury.

• 3 months later...
TOP 10 MVP

1. MCLEAN: He's playing crap ATM but he has the ability to change a game and gets the best tagger every week.

2. NEITZ: He's is the heart and soul of the club. When he fires so does the club.

3. RIVERS: Cause we have no other quality backman.

4. DAVEY: The only 1 with pace in the team but he losing that quality.

5. ROBERTSON : Can win games but doesn't do it enough.

6. JONES: He is not damaging enough and I don't see any improvement in him, it's only because he is young and we have so many bad players that he doesn't cop it more.

7. CARROLL: And that is the problem, if he gets belted so does the team.

8. BATE: Our only hope for a CHF.

9. WHITE : Needs to do more around the ground.

10. BRUCE : His versatility makes him valuable his form has put him further down the list than he should be.

Magic's list is a most promising list not most valuble. How can Maric be valuable if he has never played a game and Dunn and Sylvia have showed very little?

As for promising players Morton is the only 1 and I have high hopes for Bate and I am hoping like hell that McLean can regain some form, the rest have a lot to prove. Let's all hope that next year's draft can be more fruitful than the past drafts because we are going to need it.

TOP 10 LVP

1. MILLER: The worst player in the AFL.

2. YZE: Should have went to Carlton when he had the chance.

3. GREEN: Plays 1 game a year and still keeps his spot in the team.

4. JAMAR: Continues to do nothing.

5. WARNOCK : Another Miller.

6. C.JOHNSON : Has done nothing.

7. WHEATLEY : Is a very ordinary player.

8. P.JOHNSON : Needs to showe more heart.

9. WEETRA : I only need to see 2 games to know that he is the next Grgic.

10. MOLONEY : I think his career is over he can't kick and has been revaged by injury.

BUMP!

Oh how things can change in 2-3 months.

7 of the above "lowly" ranked players for MFC were absolutely pivotal in our win over the Lions.

Clunk

In my opinion, these are the 10 most important players on the list in terms of the MFC going forward after 2008

1. Cale Morton

2. Nathan Jones

3. Jared Rivers

4. Colin Sylvia

5. Matthew Bate

6. Adam Maric

7. Clint Bartram

8. Aaron Davey

9. Brock McLean

10. Lynden Dunn

last spot a toss up between Dunn, Frawely, Petterd, Grimes and Buckley

Now, 18-24 months ago there is no doubt this list would have contained the names Neitz, Robertson, Whelan, Green, Bruce and White

But things change in a hurry in footy. We have to invest in the future, and Bailey knows that

Be prepared for plenty more drubbings in 2008, but it will be worth it in the long run

Once again, Yze_Magic makes a visionary post well ahead of the mere mortals.

Although I would like to say that I had Colin Garland And Austin Wonemarri in there, but then again, who did?

My new top 10

1. Cale Morton

2. Colin Garland

3. Colin Sylvia

4. Matthew Bate

5. Brock McLean

6. Austin Wonemarri

7. Aaron Davey

8. Nathan Jones

9. Lynden Dunn

10. Adaam Maric

I was going to say...fancy not putting Wonaeamirri in the top ten going forward !!

Unless Jared gets 100% fit then he has no place in our top ten.. Id consider "options" for Rivers if he cant be servicable more than 75% of a season. Many wont like that..still ..a lot of people thought the earth flat once too :)

I don't get this thread. Are you saying the most important in 2012? If so, then fair enough... Though I'd put in PJ and a few others.

But if you're saying the most important now, then Green is in there, and Bruce is too for everyone except you.

Also, this thread only highlights how we only have then ten guys we have faith in. We need more than 22 to REALLY get excited.

Of your revised list, I'd be surprised if more than 5 were still there come 2010 when we start winning again. And that's a good thing.

Guest redandbluethruandthru

YZE _TRAGIC

garland has gone from number 6 in least valuable to no 2 most valuable........unbelieveable,but probably correct.

still no love for Miller. I suppose it is hard to see players value when your head is so far up your own a$$.

and where the hell is GREEN?

My top 10 after 2008.

1. Brock McLean - Future Captain, best midfielder.

2. Matthew Bate - Promising talent. Needs to step up another gear in '09.

3. Aaron Davey - Will soon be one of the experienced heads of the group.

4. Paul Wheatley - Excellent player.

5. Russell Robertson - He will kick our goals.

6. Cale Morton - Will develop into a gun.

7. Colin Sylvia - Next year is the decider.

8. Colin Garland - Could be good.

9. Addam Maric - Developing well.

10. Jared Rivers - Key to the backline.

Ricky Petterd just missed. And I think Jack Grimes will be a legend, but I cannot throw him in there as I havent seen him play.

still no love for Miller. I suppose it is hard to see players value when your head is so far up your own a$$.

LOL. yeah, Im gonna have brad Miller in the top 10

Are you for real?

Looks like you need to take your head out of your own ass, junior.

My top 10 after 2008.

1. Brock McLean - Future Captain, best midfielder.

2. Matthew Bate - Promising talent. Needs to step up another gear in '09.

3. Aaron Davey - Will soon be one of the experienced heads of the group.

4. Paul Wheatley - Excellent player.

5. Russell Robertson - He will kick our goals.

6. Cale Morton - Will develop into a gun.

7. Colin Sylvia - Next year is the decider.

8. Colin Garland - Could be good.

9. Addam Maric - Developing well.

10. Jared Rivers - Key to the backline.

Ricky Petterd just missed.

wheres austin wonaeamirri :angry:

LOL. yeah, Im gonna have brad Miller in the top 10

Are you for real?

Looks like you need to take your head out of your own ass, junior.

Notwithstanding his poor past couple of years, on this years form, I certainly wouldn't discount Brad Miller's importance, for the club, going forward

wheres austin wonaeamirri :angry:

I like Wonnaemirri, Like we all do. I dont think hes really important though. He will always be an average/good player who is awesome on his day.

I like Wonnaemirri, Like we all do. I dont think hes really important though. He will always be an average/good player who is awesome on his day.

So you rate Maric who is yet to play a game over Wonaeamirri?

I think at the current time they play in a similar position..

Nothing at all against Maric, but I'm not sure how people are rating him in the 10 most valuable players on the list when most likely they haven't seen him play a game.

#1: Jack Grimes: Ppl on this board don't realise how good this kid is going to be. I actually rate him higher than Cale Morton. Will be captain by the time he is 21 and an absolute star.

#2: Colin Garland: A genuine KPP backman much in the mould of a young Matty Scarlett. I've never seen a player with such quick closing speed. Years of watching lumbering giants in Holland, Ellis, Nicholsan and Carroll are now officially over!!!

#3: Brad Miller: A somewhat controversial selection from Neita3000 but a worthy one. Miller has all the tools to become a more than servicable KPP Forward. He is strong, quick and aggressive, all he lacks is some footy nous and a bit of skill. Over the past couple of weeks however he seems to be eradicating his weaknesses and playing with some real passion. His games against Fremantle and Brisbane, I don't think I've seen too many better than those displays. If Melbourne is the resurge it will require this young man (only 24) to fulfill his full potential.

#4:Colin Sylvia: Probably the most talented player on our list. But what type of player will he be? He looks more comfortable around the forward line as opposed to the middle. If he plays deep in the forward line for the rest of his career he will kick 40-50 goals each season. He has the hands and is a good set shot. If he improves his fitness and work rate he could become a Ryan O'Keefe type player only way more damaging.

#5: Aaron Davey: He's 25 now and been in the system long enough now where he should be in the top 40 players in the AFL. He has the talent. Too often he plays a game where he gathers 10-15 possesions from the midfield. Whilst his touches are all class if he's not getting 18-25 leave him crumbing in the forward line.

#6: Brock McLean: Has not reached the expectations from 06 that we expected from him. Back then he was a dynamic midfielder capable of breaking a game over with some excellent agressieve play. Despite injury his form still yet has plataued. He doesn't seem as dynamic and appears more to be an accumulator of posession. However do not get me wrong he is still our best midfielder and an extremely exciting talent. He should probably be higher up the list but he's already achieved enough to suggest that he is an integral part of our future, probably being a Vice Captain down the track.

#7: Lynden Dunn: Do not underestimate the value of a quality tagger. Every premiship side has one an Lynden is our man. For the last couple of weeks he has shown the abillity that he can shut down the best in the game. Over the the next 2 years expect his posession tally to rise as he becomes more damaging when he learns how to find the ball. By the time he is 23 we will have our very own Cameron Ling

#8: Cale Morton: Cale could have gone #1 in last years draft that's how highly he is rated. His first couple of weeks he looked poised and showed nothing but class. However his last couple of games he seemed low on confidence. Anyone who gets 22 posessions and kicks 2 goals against the reigning premiers ableit in the 3rd game must be a [censored] champion. Cale will take time and it would not surprise me if it takes until about his 4th year to be fully hitting his strides.

#9: Austin Wonemarri: This kid will end up with over 500 goals to his name enough said.How the hell did he slip to the rookie draft.

#10: Matthew Bate: Has the abillity to play as a roaming forward or in the middle. I like him forward of center where he can use his booming kick and sticky hands to set up forward line attacks.

Apologies to Nathan Jones and Jared Rivers.

Jones whilst I love him is not damaging enough with his disposal and Rivers well is injury prone, I'm not bagging them but hopefully they can recitfy there problems.

#1: Jack Grimes: Ppl on this board don't realise how good this kid is going to be. I actually rate him higher than Cale Morton. Will be captain by the time he is 21 and an absolute star.

#

Massive call.

Hopefully this thread can be bumped at some stage in light of that comment.

yes, I love him.

Cant wait to see him debut.

Yes

I will be going down to Sandy soon to watch him.

2009 midfield - McLean, Grimes & Sylvia. With Dunn as a tagger.

No offence intended, but I stopped reading after this line...

Both Brock and Jones are gun players, and neither were able to snaffle up the captaincy by 21. Grimes would have to be one of the greats to do this. He's played a couple of senior games, not even in the AFL, and people are hugely pumped about him.

I'm sure he'll be a really good player, but jeez, way to put on the pressure...