Sandringham v Williamstown

Beach Road Bazza

I've been informed that due to the hot weather forecast for this Sunday, the practice match between Sandringham and Williamstown will now commence at 12 noon instead of the scheduled 2pm.

This will follow an intra-club reserves match that will begin at 10am.

The Melbourne Football Club has applied for permission to play a number of MFC players who have not had much pre season practice match time. They include Cameron Bruce who is battling to be ready for round 1.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been informed that due to the hot weather forecast for this Sunday, the practice match between Sandringham and Williamstown will now commence at 12 noon instead of the scheduled 2pm.

The Melbourne Football Club has applied for permission to play a number of MFC players who have not had much pre season praqctice match time. They include Cameron Bruce who is battling to be ready for round 1.

venue barry? i assume it's going to be played at beach road?

Anyone know which MFC players will be in the squad in addition to Bruce?

Here's your answer GOF - the teams for Sunday's game - AFL players highlighted.

SANDRINGHAM

1. Rennie Gilchrist

2. Tom Paterakis

5. Sam Monaghan

8. Rod Crowe

10. Peter Summers

12. Ezra Poyas

14. Marc Johnston

16. Andy Biddlecombe

17. Cale Morton

20. Chris Lamb

21. Cameron Bruce

27. Chris Johnson

31. Paul Wheatley

33. Chad Liddell

35. Trent Zomer

36. Tomi Johnston

41. Lynden Dunn

49. Jarrod Plymin

53. Stuart Cleeve

56. Daniel Gribbin

63. James Frawley

74. Clint Bartram

78. Jared Rivers

79. Matthew Whelan

WILLIAMSTOWN

1. Patrick Rose

4. Ben Jolley

5. James Beaumont

7. Dean Galea

8. Callum Urch

9. Kane McKenzie

10. Brett Johnson

11. Anthony Chiu

14. Callan Ward

16. Brant Dickson

17. Adam Cook

18. Liam Picken

24. Jarrad Grant

25. Scott Meyer

26. Murray Boyd

27. David Stretton

29. Cameron Lockwood

34. Jason Cloke

42. Lindsay Gilbee

46. Connor Dullard

47. Mitchell Keddell

49. Matthew Grossman

50. Nathan Lyons

51. Nathan Black

52. Josh Young

61. Matthew Miller

69. Tim Jenkins

79. Daniel Giansiracusa

interesting to see how sandy go this year considering the list is ageing? does anyone know if nick sautner is still playing? anyone know if ryan ferguson got picked up by a vfl team?

i bloody hope the likes of Nick Sautner, Chris Lamb and Ryan Ferguson don't play for sandy this year.

all they do is play solid roles in the key posts...these are the most important positions that we need to develop. we should be having our 18-20yr olds developing their games in the key posts and not on the wings!

Guest unstable punt
Anyone know which MFC players will be in the squad in addition to Bruce?

l will be there, interested to see how Morton goes

The Melbourne Football Club has applied for permission to play a number of MFC players who have not had much pre season practice match time. They include Cameron Bruce who is battling to be ready for round 1.

Barry, since Mavis has the car, do you want a lift to TBO.

i bloody hope the likes of Nick Sautner, Chris Lamb and Ryan Ferguson don't play for sandy this year.

all they do is play solid roles in the key posts...these are the most important positions that we need to develop. we should be having our 18-20yr olds developing their games in the key posts and not on the wings!

Mate i have been screaming this for years, but unbelievably some muppets on here will argue against this for some unknown stupid reason.

Mate i have been screaming this for years, but unbelievably some muppets on here will argue against this for some unknown stupid reason.

Yeah, because believe it or not Sandringham are out there to win games.

Outrageous isn't it! :rolleyes:

Who are these muppets Haydo? Aside from the odd Sandy only supporter on this site. I havent heard it. I think most if not all would be singing off the same script you have?

However there were posters who raved about Ferg and couldn't work out why he was still will Sandy? :wacko: If only he had put on a few kgs!! :lol:

Barry, since Mavis has the car, do you want a lift to TBO.

I thought last week would've been ideal for Barry and Mavis to have one of their Chinese Dinners on the way home from Cranbourne. Didn't happen?

If you dont like the arragement then tell your board to run their own team in the VFL like Collingwood and Geelong do.Then you can do what you like with all the wonderfull development players you have.

It will only cost the MFC about $500,000 per season then again as my old Grannie used to say "beggars cant be choosers"!

It's not that people like the current arrangement Haydo. It's just that people have the common sense to recognise that as long as we're affiliated with Sandy then that's just the way it is, and all the pissing and moaning and whinging in the world won't change that. Unfortunately Sandy aren't Box Hill. We can't swallow them whole.

North Melbourne tried that on with Port Melbourne and got told to jump in no uncertain terms. Now nobody wants to align themselves with North. I don't want to be in that position, as we can't afford to go it alone in the VFL.

I think the Sandy alignment is counter-productive in many ways Haydo, so I'm anxiously awaiting your better proposal.

If you dont like the arragement then tell your board to run their own team in the VFL like Collingwood and Geelong do.Then you can do what you like with all the wonderfull development players you have.

You need to rethink your attitude Zebgrowler. What Sylvinator says is clearly right and an unthinking and tasteless reply such as yours does nothing to benefit the relationship.

Whilst in partnership with Melbourne Sandy has added four Premiership Cups to the closet. And while that has happened development opportunities for Melbourne players has been hampered by the recruiting of good VFL players by Sandringham including Sautner, Lamb and Crowe who have filled key positions denying Melbourne an opportunity to develop their own players. That has clearly helped Sandy and hindered Melbourne.

Your arrogance doesn't seem to contemplate the concept of partnership.

Personally I'd dump the association with Sandringham in a second. If you reflect the attitude of the Sandringham Board there is clearly no goodwill toward the MFC and you'd be happier without us. Coupled with your arrogant attitude is having to play on a substandard ground that is ill managed and far too small for AFL play. This further limits the development of our players and is good reason for the MFC to consider moving. I note Casey Fields is now being considered and a relationship with the Scorpions would surely follow with the Saints moving to Frankston where another logical relationship might prosper.

You might get your wish. We might [censored] off and let Sandy fend for themselves and look for another relationship. I doubt you'll find one where that new club will afford you as much respect and goodwill as the MFC. And if we do move any goodwill I felt towards Sandy will have been eroded by your narrow mindedness and tasteless attitude to the MFC. In that situation I'll look with interest at how you're going and if you manage to add another 4 Flags to your history in such short time. You should be thanking us and not being so sensitive to sensible debate and comments.

And by the way, when Melbourne Supporters refer to Sandy as the "seconds" we are not being disrespectful, we are just recognising that the players on our list who are not playing in the MFC firsts are playing for Sandy which just happens to be where our second tier players play. That's why it's our seconds.

Guest MFC4Life

Hi boys and girls, just returned from the game.

Made a hasty departure as soon as the siren went and can't remember the exact score but we lost by 16 points. I think the final score was Williamstown 56 Sandringham 40.

Weather was shocking. 36 degrees for the whole game, which would explain the low score. The games was nearly called off had half-time because apparently there is some form of VFL ruling that states that as soon as it hits 36.5 degrees the game needs to be called off. Was an extremely hard slog by both teams who ran and tackled hard and I think they blew the final siren a bit early, as soon as it hit 2pm.

This is the following synopsis of the Melbourne players performance:

Cale Morton: Did some exquisite things and some god awful things. Awful things include dropping sitters, lack of awareness and accountabilty. At one point during a boundary throw in he was walking run, head to the ground and Lamby had to shout at him 'Cale!', stick your arm in his gut mate!' in reference to his opponent who had wandered off him. Exquisite things include kicking a goal from the boundary line of one foot from 50m out. He is still very green and adapting to playing with men. Could be anything in time.

Cameron Bruce: Solid performance. Got a lot of the pill, ran hard, wanted to be there and was a class above. Showed no signs of injury.

Chris Johnson: Got a few touches. Goes missing for large chunks of the game. Played in defense most of the game but he will never be a defender as he is far to unaccountable.

Paul Wheatley: Ditto Bruce. Got heaps of the footy. Only criticism was disposal at times.

Trent Zomer: Very tall and very raw. Didn't do much at FF.

Lynden Dunn: Looks fearsome with a shaved head. Is acclimatising to a midfield role and honestly if he works really hard could be anything. Bulked out and reminded me a bit of Chad Cornes.

James Frawley: Did a few nice things but doesn;t seem to get in there enough.

Clint Bartram: Ready to go. Played on the ball for the bulk of the game and found lots of it. Showed no signs of injury. Will play round 1.

Jared Rivers: Should be fine to play round 1 or 2. Played more as a sweeper and didn't over exhurt himself. Conserving energy and going with the motions. Played in bursts.

Matthew Whelan: Somethings not right. He could hardly run and was not going in hard at all. Looked really tentative. Might be conserving energy but why do it 7 days before round 1? looked almost uninterested at times.

Other Notes: We didn't have a ruckman which was staggering. Surely they could have played one of Meesen, Johnson or Jamar OR Spencer.

Honourable mentions: Biddlecombe-always tries his absolute heart out and what we need at FB if it wasn't for his height (he's an inch to short) and his disposal.

Sam Monaghan-Liked his game up forward.

Daniel Gribbin-Really impressed at FB. Went hard, took heaps of marks, layed heaps of spoils. Good diposal. Got k'od in the third but got up again.

Any questions fire away.