Preseason Injuries so far

grazman

I don't want to tempt the footy Gods, but here are the list of casualties for the year so far before a single premiership match is played:

Nick Malceski Swans - ACL (Season)

Paul Haselby Dockers - ACL (Season)

Brad Dick Pies - ACL (Season)

Kristen Thornton Swans - Knee (Season)

Farren Ray Bulldogs - Cracked Fibula (6-8 weeks)

Brad Fisher Blues - Broken Thumb (8 Weeks)

Fraser Gherig Saints - Calf (3 weeks) - I'd think this is extremely optimistic.

I see the Saints are saying Max Hudgton is OK, but he looked to grab his Hammy to me...

How about all these injured players?:

Clint Bartram (Melb-Unknown),

Cameron Bruce (Melb-Unknown),

Lynden Dunn (Melb-Unknown),

James Frawley (Melb-Unknown),

Jack Grimes (Melb-Unknown),

Chris Johnson (Melb-Unknown),

Brock McLean (Melb-Unknown),

David Neitz (Melb-Unknown),

Jared Rivers (Melb-Unknown),

Paul Wheatley (Melb-Unknown),

Matthew Whelan (Melb-Unknown)

I know its only pre-season, but could the club give us any indication what these guys are carrying or when they're due back to match practice? Please?

How about all these injured players?:

Clint Bartram (Melb-Unknown),

Cameron Bruce (Melb-Unknown),

Lynden Dunn (Melb-Unknown),

James Frawley (Melb-Unknown),

Jack Grimes (Melb-Unknown),

Chris Johnson (Melb-Unknown),

Brock McLean (Melb-Unknown),

David Neitz (Melb-Unknown),

Jared Rivers (Melb-Unknown),

Paul Wheatley (Melb-Unknown),

Matthew Whelan (Melb-Unknown)

I know its only pre-season, but could the club give us any indication what these guys are carrying or when they're due back to match practice? Please?

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/N...px?newsId=55554

Check this out mate. At the bottom it says that pretty much all those blokes are expected back in the next 2 weeks. Also, Dunn played against Richmond. From what I've been told, that list is fairly accurate, though question marks remain over Whelan.

I don't want to tempt the footy Gods, but here are the list of casualties for the year so far before a single premiership match is played:

Kristin Thornton Swans - Knee (Season)

Farren Ray Bulldogs - Cracked Fibula (6 - 8 weeks)

I see the Saints are saying Max Hudgton is OK, but he looked to grab his Hammy to me...

John Howard Bennelong - Neck (4 - 6 weeks)

Don't think so !

If you check the reports from twodogs over at 'ology, in the thread 'Canned in Cairns', he mentions that Dunn played, albeit with minimal game time and impact. I don't know twodogs, and indeed he may be legally blind, but I'll take his word for it.

Jesus. It's a bloody epidemic;

Mitch Brown goes down

At this rate, we're set to do a Stephen Bradbury.

Forgot to add Rhett Biglands to that list as well. That's 6 ACL's already.

If you check the reports from twodogs over at 'ology, in the thread 'Canned in Cairns', he mentions that Dunn played, albeit with minimal game time and impact. I don't know twodogs, and indeed he may be legally blind, but I'll take his word for it.

I noticed that too so I posted a question to twodogs as follows:-

"Lynden Dunn--quiet, no impact on game. "

It's interesting that Dunn played in this game because he wasn't listed in the squad when it was announced.

Did he show any signs of discomfort from the injury (groin?) he's been carrying?

Twodogs hasn't answered yet (probably on the way home from Cairns) but I also noticed he posted 27 player profiles for the game and clubs usually play only 26 in these games. Dunn also trained on Thursday at Junction Oval but I understand the team flew up to Cairns on Thursday. I'll make some enquiries with Bananabender who did the report for us and didn't mention Dunn at all tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Thanks Diablo, missed the last para of that story first time I read it about our returning players!

In todays paper, a story on Brisbane Bears injury list, which is apparently the worst in the League right now.

Leigh matthews has been disappointed with their conditioning, and says that he likes to get 200 minutes of practice

match time into every one of his players before round 1 ideally, and admits many wont get that. I wonder how many of our players would fall short of that yardstick? Probably most of the above...

Kristen Thornton Swans - Knee (Season)

Farren Ray Bulldogs - Cracked Fibula (6-8 weeks)

Also Nathan Grima rookie listed Kangaroo defender. Gone for the season.

Also Nathan Grima rookie listed Kangaroo defender. Gone for the season.

Western Bulldogs best and fairest Brian Lake (formerly Harris) will miss the remaining matches of the NAB Challenge series, but is expected to be fit for the Dogs’ clash with Adelaide in Round 1 of the home and away season.

Lake underwent hip surgery on Tuesday morning after sustaining an injury against Essendon in the NAB Cup quarter-final against Essendon last Friday night.

Lake has played 97 matches for the Dogs since making his debut in 2002.

"a ligament made of industrial-strength polyester fibres is used to replace the torn natural ligament"

That knee is going to sweat something fierce :lol:

It's great news if it works, but it's also good that someone else is being used as the lab rat for this procedure first, because a lot can go wrong with such a delicate body part.

Good luck to him though!

"a ligament made of industrial-strength polyester fibres is used to replace the torn natural ligament"

That knee is going to sweat something fierce :lol:

It's great news if it works, but it's also good that someone else is being used as the lab rat for this procedure first, because a lot can go wrong with such a delicate body part.

Good luck to him though!

He isnt the first. Doug Hawkins tried it in the early 90's and it worked. He was very lucky as it only works occasionally. Mark Doran talked about it on SEN. They use Goretex. kevlar wears out!

if it works and it still apparently is a bit of a long shot, he will be back by june. Otherwise he goes back to a more traditional rejig.

Western Bulldogs best and fairest Brian Lake (formerly Harris) will miss the remaining matches of the NAB Challenge series, but is expected to be fit for the Dogs’ clash with Adelaide in Round 1 of the home and away season.

Lake underwent hip surgery on Tuesday morning after sustaining an injury against Essendon in the NAB Cup quarter-final against Essendon last Friday night.

Lake has played 97 matches for the Dogs since making his debut in 2002.

Jaxson Barham Collingwood (shoulder) - 6 weeks