Club awards for 2008

RickyBobby

Well we're slowly creeping into the time when footy is back and conversation is starting to pick up on Demonland again :)

For a bit of fun thought it would be timely to get people's thoughts/tips on who they think will be the recipients of the key awards for 2008... I know it's early to make a call but for the sake of passing some time I've had a crack at who I think below.

MFC Best and Fairest: Brock McLean

MFC best team player: Nathan Jones

MFC best clubman: Daniel Bell

MFC most improved: Simon Buckley

MFC Most Consistent: Brock McLean

MFC Best First Year player: Addam Maric

MFC Leading Goalkicker: Russell Robertson

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Chris Johnson

Well we're slowly creeping into the time when footy is back and conversation is starting to pick up on Demonland again :)

For a bit of fun thought it would be timely to get people's thoughts/tips on who they think will be the recipients of the key awards for 2008... I know it's early to make a call but for the sake of passing some time I've had a crack at who I think below.

MFC Best and Fairest: Brock McLean

MFC best team player: Nathan Jones

MFC best clubman: Daniel Bell i believe Green

MFC most improved: Simon Buckley I recon Warnock

MFC Most Consistent: Brock McLean

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Chris Johnson

Thats all i disagree with

MFC Best and Fairest: Jared Rivers (big call. Defender. I just don't like the look of anyone else)

MFC best team player: JMac

MFC best clubman: Lynden Dunn

MFC most improved: Jace Bode

MFC Most Consistent: Aaron Davey

MFC Leading Goalkicker: David Neitz

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Valenti, assuming we're counting rookies. He's an absolute monty to win this one. The only category I'm sure of.

B&F- Brock

Team Player- Nugget

Clubman- A much improved Brad Miller (fingers crossed)

Most Improved- Col Sylvia

Most Consistent- Jared Rivers

First Year Player- John Meeson

Leading Goalkicker- Neita

Sandy Votes- PJ

It's more of a wish list than crystal ball gazing.

What the hell:

B & F: Jones (would like to say McLean but am suspect about his injury propensity and ability to shake a tag)

Team Player: Yze (a reinvention and in keeping with the leadership gig)

Clubman: Holland (exits on a high note)

Most improved: Dunne

Most Consistent: Sylvia

Best First Year Player: Meeson or Grimes

Goals: Nietz (injury free and flying)

Sandy Votes: Martin/Valenti

A lot of dreaming in there too

MFC Best and Fairest: Green

MFC best team player: Jones

MFC best clubman: Jeff White

MFC most improved: Jamar

MFC Most Consistent: Wheatley / Belly

MFC Best First Year player: Meeson

MFC Leading Goalkicker: Neitz

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Valenti

MFC Best and Fairest: Nathan Jones

MFC best team player: Brock Mclean

MFC best clubman: Cameron Bruce

MFC most improved: Colin Garland

MFC Most Consistent: James McDonald

MFC Best First Year player: Jack Grimes

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Chris Warnock (will then get delisted maybe, sorry to be negative, I just have a feeling)

Here's a few from left-field... Will be interesting to see how these predictions stack up circa September 2008. Here's hoping anyway..

MFC Best and Fairest: Brent Moloney (if he can get himself right !! )

MFC best team player: Jared Rivers (top 5 b&f placing and All-Australian CHB, but like Moloney, only if he can get himself right!)

MFC best clubman: Jace Bode (will make a name for himself in the BP position left vacant by Brown/Ward)

MFC most improved: Paul Johnson or Simon Buckley (one of these guys, if not both, should/will have a big year)

MFC Most Consistent: Nathan Jones (to go with a runners-up trophy in the B&F)

MFC Best First Year player: Jack Grimes (plus a top-3 placing in Rising Star Award)

MFC Leading Goalkicker(s): Russell Robertson and Juice Newton (54 goals each to be specific)

Most votes in Sandringham's best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Shane Valenti or Aussie Woneamirri

In all honesty tho, i dont expect most of these things to happen... Like others have said, its very much a wish list more than anything.

MFC Best and Fairest: Green

MFC best team player: Jones

MFC best clubman: Jeff White

MFC most improved: Jamar

MFC Most Consistent: Wheatley / Belly

MFC Best First Year player: Meeson

MFC Leading Goalkicker: Neitz

Are you eligible for Best First Year player if you've played senior AFL games at another club?

Dont want to make predictions at this stage, but I hope it'll look something like this, as we should be in for a great year if it does:

MFC Best and Fairest:

1. Brock McLean

2. Jared Rivers

3. David Neitz

4. Colin Sylvia

5. Matthew Bate

MFC best team player: James McDonald

MFC best clubman: Brad Green

MFC most improved: Chris Johnson

MFC Most Consistent: Jared Rivers

MFC Best First Year player: John Meeson

MFC Leading Goalkicker(s):

1. David Neitz

2. Michael Newton

3. Aaron Davey

4. Russell Robertson

5. Matthew Bate

Most votes in Sandringham's best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Aussie Woneamirri

MFC Best and Fairest: Cameron Bruce (will step up and be the player he was pre Guerra)

MFC best team player: James Mcdonald (Jmac won't get a third Bluey but will still be a great team player and on-field leader)

MFC best clubman: Brad Green (will prove why he should have been in the leadership group in my opinion)

MFC most improved: Simon Buckley (I think he will take huge steps and become the player ive always known he could be)

MFC Most Consistent: Nathan Jones (will slug it out the way he always does, every single week)

MFC Best First Year player: Jack Grimes or Woneamirri (I see Grimey, while being a high pick doing a Petterd, Bartram and Jones and practiculary cemented his spot for the future first year. Also I think Woneamirri will break onto scene and play alot of seniors straight up, much like Davey)

MFC Leading Goalkicker: David Neitz (maybe wishful thinking to go against Robbo but im confident big Neita will be fit and firing in our 150th year, Captain Neita, what a champion)

Most votes in Sandringham’s best and fairest by a Melbourne player: Valenti should play alot of games for Sandy and we all know how well he already blends with the VFL style and the Zebras)

CAN'T WAIT, LETS GO THE MFC!!!

MFC Best and Fairest: Nathan Jones - will lift his game once more

MFC best team player: Daniell Bell will once again do whatever is asked of him and do it well

MFC best clubman: Adam Yze - will be a nice touch for all his service over the years, then they will sack him

MFC most improved: Jace Bode - guess really

MFC Most Consistent: Jared Rivers

MFC Best First Year player: Jack Grimes