North game moved to MCG

deeboy

Herald Sun reports that our round 4 game against North Melbourne has been moved to the MCG on Saturday 12th April (2:10pm). I am just very happy that I didn't book flights to the Gold Coast for that weekend, because I was very close to doing so a while back.

This is a good development right? Does the club suffer financially in any way?

The club should benefit from the move back to the "G" as more people can go to the game and there will be opportunities for merchandising etc.. but for the Queenslanders who were looking forward to the two games this year - well not happy Jan!!!!!!!

I had been making preparations for our functions which, fortunately now, I hadnt booked.

Being our tenth birthday it was a great opportunity for people to come along and enjoy Gold Coast hospitality and weather and for our supporters to get an extra look at the team in 08.

I just knew the AFL would take this game - prob figured it would be the least likely to raise a crowd but from what I had read, it was going to be pretty well patronised by Demon fans.

So it is the Gabba but a day game so that will auger well for a brilliant attendance and a great function.

What a bunch of prix. Myself and two mates make at least 2 interstate trips a year, and have booked flights (Virgin) and accommodation (both non-refundable).

Demetriou said early Roos games would not be shifted because of fans like ourselves.

Many Roo supporters would have taken advantage of cheap Tiger flights, and I know of three other Dees fans who did.

This is awesome news.

One more game in Melbourne

5 interstate trips now which is the lowest for us in many years

A better chance of beating North as we're useless in QLD while they have got a good record up there.

I heard a rumour on Bigfooty that our Melb V Carlton game (rd 5) may be switched there as a make-up game, but I wouldn't read too much into that yet.

The club should benefit from the move back to the "G" as more people can go to the game and there will be opportunities for merchandising etc..

What I meant was, is there any financial reparations that we'll now miss out on? In other words, did we sell the game up there? Would the AFL have paid us any more as a retainer?

bonzer beauty ..another game at the G.. Yep might be a Roos homer but its on OUR turf !!... surely thats a win for us.. I mean...where do we play the best ?? :) :) :)

Great news for us and the club

But what is the AFL trying to achieve by moving this game at such late notice?

Surely this is disenchanting the gold coast afl fans it will be trying to attract to the footy in 2010

Not to mention all the people who have lost money paying for flights and accommodation

If it's their way of punishing the kangas for not signing up, all they're really doing is rewarding them by paying hundreds of thousands for them to play a home game at the 'G while alienating the fans they hope to attract

Great news for us and the club

But what is the AFL trying to achieve by moving this game at such late notice?

Surely this is disenchanting the gold coast afl fans it will be trying to attract to the footy in 2010

That's exactly what i was thinking, it's a bit of sour grapes from the AFL's part to move it, however from my point of view i couldn't be happier. More chance for memberships, more chance to shine in front of a home crowd, and more chance to play at our favourite ground.

That makes 12 games at the G unless i'm much mistaken, a very good result for the club.

To those who've booked your flights and accomodation, i'd be ringing the AFL and giving them an earful if i were you. I was actually considering going up there, i'm glad i couldn't make up my mind!

long story short... who gives a flying fig !!! WE effectively have another HOME game !!...ahh must be Christmas !! :)

caveat emptor

'Buyer beware' doesn't mean that people who have shelled out their hard-earned to see their team play won't care. You asked the question of 'who cares?' - it's quite clear that some will!

Furthermore, if M9 is correct, Demetriou has previously moved to allay fears that games such as this would be moved. It's fair enough to be pleased that we have another game at the 'G - and I am - but I also have empathy for people who have forked out to travel interstate and support their team, only to have the game switched.

then they can write to the afl and ask for compensation.. seriously

Nothing in life is without problems.. often not of ones doing.. Yep..Id be [censored] too.. but id do as suggested

Im quite happy the game is moved.

What a bunch of prix. Myself and two mates make at least 2 interstate trips a year, and have booked flights (Virgin) and accommodation (both non-refundable).

Demetriou said early Roos games would not be shifted because of fans like ourselves.

Many Roo supporters would have taken advantage of cheap Tiger flights, and I know of three other Dees fans who did.

M9 that's bloody annoying, it's fans like yourself who support the game who have lost out here. If I were yuo Id write to the AFL and include photocopies of your tickets and hotel reservation and see what they say, if you don't get a response send it into SEN. I would take the AFL to task over it.