A heartening thought

sylvinator

for me, its heartening to know that Bailey has such a clear, distinct vision of what our list should look like.

people have been calling for a shakeup of our list all year- and Bailey has done it.

he's gotten rid of all our dead wood (Ward,Godfrey,Brown,Bizzel, Pickett, Neville) and make a harsh call on the perenially inconsistent Johnstone.

most notably, all players (except neville) are above 28yrsold. he has publicly state that he will build our list around our under23s.

Bailey is making the tough calls, but i like the direction we're heading. this is what we should have done 2 years ago.

now with pick4,14 and 21 and pick3PSD we can pick up 4 young-guns. add them to our young guns Rivers,Mclean,Sylvia,Jones,Bartram, Bate, Pettard,Frawley, Newton, Davey, Bell, Dunn, Moloney, PJ and Meesen.

clearly we still have holes in our list: another key forward is essential, also a key defender and a fast midfielder.

People have been crying out for this exact shakeup.

it's exactly what we need as a club. maybe guyz like Bruce will realize that he can't fark around anymore.

We are a team going places, and it will be built around our impressive crop of under23s.

i like what Bailey is doing to our list

Bailey has done EVERYTHING right so far

Delisted two hacks

Made two great trades

Knocked C.Judd off his feet in their meeting

Go Bails!

Guest unstable punt
i agree but the jury is still out on meesen.

also don't expect miracles, we will be down again next year but with some more pruning and early picks next year we will then be on the way UP :lol:

I don't know about him making to many tough calls, the only one was TJ, the other players that have been delisted would have been anyway. One thing he is doing is looking at strenghtening our weaknesses, first the Ruck we have 4 ruckman on our list hopefully one of teh young three can step up, but the competition for a spot will be there.

Thats what we need players competing for their spot no automatic selections, you have form you get a game.

also don't expect miracles, we will be down again next year but with some more pruning and early picks next year we will then be on the way UP :lol:

dont want to be too enthousiastic but we made the semi finals in 06 with a worst list than we will have next year, and now with bailey, we probably wont win a flag, but definately dont rule us out of the finals

now with pick4,14 and 21 and pick3PSD we can pick up 4 young-guns. add them to our young guns Rivers,Mclean,Sylvia,Jones,Bartram, Bate, Pettard,Frawley, Newton, Davey, Bell, Dunn, Moloney, PJ and Meesen.

And the forgotten man, Colin Garland. And I might add, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bode develops throught the pre-season games after his impressive last month.

for me, its heartening to know that Bailey has such a clear, distinct vision of what our list should look like.

people have been calling for a shakeup of our list all year- and Bailey has done it.

he's gotten rid of all our dead wood (Ward,Godfrey,Brown,Bizzel, Pickett, Neville) and make a harsh call on the perenially inconsistent Johnstone.

most notably, all players (except neville) are above 28yrsold. he has publicly state that he will build our list around our under23s.

Bailey is making the tough calls, but i like the direction we're heading. this is what we should have done 2 years ago.

clearly we still have holes in our list: another key forward is essential, also a key defender and a fast midfielder.

People have been crying out for this exact shakeup.

it's exactly what we need as a club. maybe guyz like Bruce will realize that he can't fark around anymore.

We are a team going places, and it will be built around our impressive crop of under23s.

i like what Bailey is doing to our list

An excellent post Sylvinator. No further comment needed on this topic IMO

An excellent post Sylvinator. No further comment needed on this topic IMO

BS! There is an incredible amount of smoke being blown up Bailey by this board atm! What has he done? Let me see, in late 1997 Neale Daniher was appointed coach of Melbourne - he promptly dropped players from the list like Al Clarkson (RUP B&F in 96), Rob Pyman, moved the very talented but erratic (sound familiar) Sean Charles onto Carlton and then recruited Jeff White from the Dockers and almost but not quite recruited a very big name from the WCE (remember how close we were to getting Peter Matera?) Sound eerily similar to what has happened now. Oh, to complete the picture we also traded Nathan Basset to Adelaide to pick up a couple of Crows players - Brent Williams and Matt Collins. A bit like Meesen!!

As I see it, so far Bailey has done nothing more than ND did when he was appointed. Don't get too excited yet, and some you really need a reality check!

Can't agree with you more sylvianator! I think this whole trade period has been a wake up call for the entire team...

Putting them all on notice that low standards are not acceptable!

I dont think its a coincidence that player who haven't reached their potential see Johnstone, C Johnson, Miller or perhaps have had off field issues see Johnstone and Carroll have been thrown around during this week. Fire them up a bit!

Fair enough, its way too early to say Bails is champion coach, but I for one are happy with the start!

As I see it, so far Bailey has done nothing more than ND did when he was appointed. Don't get too excited yet, and some you really need a reality check!

Exactly.

And he made the GF 2 years later.!

Gee, i hope bailey does the same.

Its the culture thing stupid!

PGS don't get personal! What I am saying is fact. If it doesn't support what you believe to be the case so be it. We did make the GF 2 years after Neale arrived and had a relatively successful 10 years under his coaching. Hopefully Bailey can take us further. The fact that he has done what he has indicates nothing about a change in culture anymore than what ND did. All I am saying is he seems to be being held up as a demi-god when really his start has been no different to ND's. If it get us to a Prelim next year as Neale did in 98 that will be great. Perhaps you don't remeber ND's arrival but the start to Bailey's career is uncannily similar!!

oh it will, you watch. the initial dissapointment of losing sheedy is well gone

Initial dissappointment? Yencks, the man wouldve been going out to address our boys in a wheelchair thats how old he was.....well past his best. Only thing he had going for him was his name and icon status

Bailey is the cream of the crop..no pun intended

PGS don't get personal! What I am saying is fact. If it doesn't support what you believe to be the case so be it. We did make the GF 2 years after Neale arrived and had a relatively successful 10 years under his coaching. Hopefully Bailey can take us further. The fact that he has done what he has indicates nothing about a change in culture anymore than what ND did. All I am saying is he seems to be being held up as a demi-god when really his start has been no different to ND's. If it get us to a Prelim next year as Neale did in 98 that will be great. Perhaps you don't remeber ND's arrival but the start to Bailey's career is uncannily similar!!

Sorry, wasn't a personal thing, just quoting George Bush or bill Clinton or whomever.

I agree he's not a Demi-god, but he is making a statement on his expectations.

I actually think he may believe he can make something of Brad Miller, for example.

Not only do I remember ND's arrival, I watched Jimmy run over the mark at Waverley, and Robbie drag us into the finals in '87.

Lets hope for more memories in '08

Sorry, wasn't a personal thing, just quoting George Bush or bill Clinton or whomever.

I agree he's not a Demi-god, but he is making a statement on his expectations.

I actually think he may believe he can make something of Brad Miller, for example.

Not only do I remember ND's arrival, I watched Jimmy run over the mark at Waverley, and Robbie drag us into the finals in '87.

Lets hope for more memories in '08

Cheers! Let's hope so!

BS! There is an incredible amount of smoke being blown up Bailey by this board atm! What has he done? Let me see, in late 1997 Neale Daniher was appointed coach of Melbourne - he promptly dropped players from the list like Al Clarkson (RUP B&F in 96), Rob Pyman, moved the very talented but erratic (sound familiar) Sean Charles onto Carlton and then recruited Jeff White from the Dockers and almost but not quite recruited a very big name from the WCE (remember how close we were to getting Peter Matera?) Sound eerily similar to what has happened now. Oh, to complete the picture we also traded Nathan Basset to Adelaide to pick up a couple of Crows players - Brent Williams and Matt Collins. A bit like Meesen!!

when ND came in to the club it was a breath of fresh air, and we subsequently had reasonable success. the last 3 years however have seen the club become a bit stagnant. how many times could players like ward and godfrey have been delisted? they were never going to win us a flag. the club needed fresh air, and bailey has delivered it. whether he will deliver a flag is yet to be seen, but you cannot fault what he has done so far...

Well, it took longer than I thought, but we finally got there...

Can't wait till we lose a game and then all these armchair critics will come running with their torches and yell "we never should have got rid of Daniher".

Daniher had 10 years, Bailey has had 10 minutes. Why don't we just wait and see what happens?

Initial dissappointment? Yencks, the man wouldve been going out to address our boys in a wheelchair thats how old he was.....well past his best. Only thing he had going for him was his name and icon status

Bailey is the cream of the crop..no pun intended

haha mate...i thought he would be good for a one year stint for the 150th as you can remember as he would have brought revenue and fresh air to the club. however, the club made the right decision getting bailey, and there is a reason i am not the president, i was just a bit dissapointed because i thought kevin could have done great things at this place