Ch 7 Sport

Jerry Lundergard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting out of control, are we going to have any players left. I think the media reads this website and runs with the stories that are posted. Chris Judd will go to the club not only that he wants to go to but the club that can meet the WCE demands. WCE have stated all along they want two first round picks, maybe Chris Judd wants to make sure the club he picks can get these picks before he commits to them.

It is all opinion by all the media outlets, if they keep guessing different outcomes one of them will be right.

End of the day if he picks us and we can get the deal done fantastic, if not the club moves on and we enter the draft with pick 4.

I'm more excited about getting Meeson than Jolly. They didn't actually name Jolly, just a GF player from the Swans.

Ahhh... interesting.

I'll take Tadgh then, thanks!

I've gotta admit, don't see much bonus in Jolly, unless its a Johnstone-pick 11 plus Jamar direct for Jolly.

Maybe it's just a psych experiment to see if we can make Jamar & Jolly REALLY hate eachother.

Jolly left because he was in Whites shadow and i think he cracked it with the club. I wou;ld have thought Jolly would have wanted to go to another club. I think TJ for pick 11 alone is sufficient in any case. There is no one who delivers the ball quite like him.

Pick 4, 11 and 21 is far to much to pay for any player - 4 and 11 ok. Basically rules us out of the draft. We will then have to fill the holes, say about 4 or 5 spots with crap picks.

Johnstone to Sydney for pick 11 and Jolly= massive victory to MFC.

Jolly alone would be worth a 1st round pick (we traded him for pick14, and since then he is a premiership ruckman).

so basically its 2 decent first round picks for johnstone...

would sydney really do that? i dont think so...

I have removed the post - I should have edited it, but I buggered up and now I don't know how to bring it back from the trash can...

Please, everyone, I understand the stress - BUT NO SWEARING ON THE SITE PLEASE.

I mentioned in one of the other threads that I heard from a journo friend of mine that he too heard a whisper that Judd wants to be a Demon. Apparently a mysterious bidder even placed $25,000 at the bookies on Judd being at Melbourne.

Not sure I want to lose TJ though.... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

bloody hell...glad I took the kids to the movies and missed all this.... probably have had a coronary !! lol

so many solid ( as jelly ) 'inside words"...and yet nothing really.

All we can possibly take out of all this so far is

Clubs willing to deal:

Adelaide

WCE

Melbourne

Sydney

Doggies

possibly StKilda

Players needing to visit the post office for mail forwarding :

Judd ...obviously

Meeson, so it seems

Jolly

Trapper

Robbo ( possibly )

Frawley

and Miller

well somethign I take solace in out of all this is that any team might think Miller has trade value...thats a big plus for us.

have no probs with Jolly coming back..after all we didnt get rid of him ..he wanted game time. Does make you wonder where Meeson and indeed PJ and Russian would end up.

its certainly exciting .. last year bugger all happened..this year its Flinders Street all change.

its going to be a very different Melbourne next year :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

would make a little more sense though if it wasnt Jolly..

all food for thought :)

By yhe way, does anyone know who the reporter was that came up with this trade on 7 news tonight?

If it was Dylan Howard, then I am going to be very happy

Reason being is that the bloke cant afford any more stuff ups and or he will lose all credibility

So the trade must be a certainty if he reported it

By the way, Id be loving it if we got Pick 11 and Jolly for Travis

Jolly would be great back at Melbourne. He is an experienced tap ruckman , and offers way more than PJ and Jamar

A ruck division of White/Jolly/Meesen/PJ looks good to me

Jamar to be traded for Meesen, or delisted

By yhe way, does anyone know who the reporter was that came up with this trade on 7 news tonight?

If it was Dylan Howard, then I am going to be very happy

Reason being is that the bloke cant afford any more stuff ups and or he will lose all credibility

So the trade must be a certainty if he reported it

Yep, Dylan Howard was the reporter. You make a good point.

Check it out - Ian Johnson - current head honcho at Channel 7 and ex-director of the Melbourne Demons has apparently offered Twigley a job presenting or reporting on Channel 7. That is an Eddie Maguire trick if ever Ive heard one - then the combo classic - break the news of the deal the night before its announcement on your channel news - boost ratings, gets the mozz on Channel nine, eddie and Collingwood - and at the same time makes Dylan Howard look good.

Why would Sportsbet really have stopped betting? Two reasons - either they think all the rumours about the demons are true or they think the odds for Collingwood were too low to be sustainable.

Im confident now Ive done the maths, done some research on the shear volume of rumours.

And lastly, think about it this way: His a player who was passionate about the Demons. He has done all that he needs to do to be very wealthy and he has tasted a premiership victory. If you were a player who had - at the age of 24 - accomplished that much, would you be thinking about the dollars still or would you be thinking about what your heart wants? At the end of the day not many players get the chance to play for the team they love - unless he is a machine that is completely money mad, the fact that Melbourne was his team as a kid is a VERY important factor for mine.

What better way than to return to a side you love, help build it up to a premiership - ultimate career glory for mine!

Check it out - Ian Johnson - current head honcho at Channel 7 and ex-director of the Melbourne Demons has apparently offered Twigley a job presenting or reporting on Channel 7. That is an Eddie Maguire trick if ever Ive heard one - then the combo classic - break the news of the deal the night before its announcement on your channel news - boost ratings, gets the mozz on Channel nine, eddie and Collingwood - and at the same time makes Dylan Howard look good.

Why would Sportsbet really have stopped betting? Two reasons - either they think all the rumours about the demons are true or they think the odds for Collingwood were too low to be sustainable.

Im confident now Ive done the maths, done some research on the shear volume of rumours.

And lastly, think about it this way: His a player who was passionate about the Demons. He has done all that he needs to do to be very wealthy and he has tasted a premiership victory. If you were a player who had - at the age of 24 - accomplished that much, would you be thinking about the dollars still or would you be thinking about what your heart wants? At the end of the day not many players get the chance to play for the team they love - unless he is a machine that is completely money mad, I doubt the fact that Melbourne was his team as a kid is a VERY important factor for mine.

What better way than to return to a side you love, help build it up to a premiership - ultimate career glory for mine!

All the signs are postive

So if we dont get him I will no longer exist

We SHOLD NOT trade Trav unless its for a judd deal hes our only good ball user.

Oddly, TJ's efficiency hasn't been that great. I guess the issue is the number of times he takes the high-risk option (such as centering the ball with a 50m pass to a congested area....

We all love it when it comes off, but he actually loses us the ball a fair bit.

I've reached the point where I can take him or leave him, sadly. I'm just not attached to him the way I am to the other near-veteran players like Bruce and Green.

I'm almost to the same point with Sylvia, from the old 'five horseman' group. Who exactly was in that group? McLean, Sylvia, Moloney, Bell, ???

There was definately a fifth horseman, and this is before Jones was added (Moloney was the one who made it five)

But I digress...

By the way, Id be loving it if we got Pick 11 and Jolly for Travis

You'd be even more stoked if we got pick 11 and Jolly for Johnstone and Miller, no?

I get the serious impression you'd rather have a slot on the list ready for pick 94 than keep Miller.

Let's say I disagree but definately sympathise.

And lastly, think about it this way: His a player who was passionate about the Demons. He has done all that he needs to do to be very wealthy and he has tasted a premiership victory. If you were a player who had - at the age of 24 - accomplished that much, would you be thinking about the dollars still or would you be thinking about what your heart wants? At the end of the day not many players get the chance to play for the team they love - unless he is a machine that is completely money mad, I doubt the fact that Melbourne was his team as a kid is a VERY important factor for mine.

Gibbo, I had the same thoughts as you regarding the Channel 7 story. I don't think they would run with what could be argued as an opinion piece unless there was credible source to back it up. I'm sure Johnson would have given sanction to this story before it went to air if only to get the "you heard it here first" scoop on Channel 9 and Eddie Colliwobble who have also been this whole charade up to their rednecks. Apparently there was not even a whisper on 9 Sport.

I also want to turn the clock back yesterday to Mike Sheahan on the Ch10 GF build up and his chat with Huddo and Caro. He maintained that Collingwood was Judd's preferred choice (no credible source offered) and vindicated it up asking the toxic question "Why would he want to go to Melbourne?" My thoughts on that are that Judd's reasons that he would, are for the very reasons that Sheahan thinks he wouldn't.

Gibbo - these are for the reasons you stated above, but also given the impression that Judd appears very much a limelight dodger, as much as a player of his talent can be. At the Pies he will be forever in the spotlight under Eddie's lovestruck gaze as Buckley fades into oblivion. At the Demons because of who we are, his profile will be a little lower although not much, and as you say what else has he got to achieve other than resurrect the team he loves. To go to Collingwood he would be moving from the biggest team in the west to the biggest team in the east and beyond. To me that just doesn't seem like Chris Judd - he is a quiet, private guy who just wants to do what he does best - play footy without all the hoopla. Collingwood is all hoopla!

I have no evidence, other than trying to read between the lines on 7's story, and nothing more than what I hope is sound logic to back this up in trying to get inside the mind of a reluctant superstar.

Guest unstable punt
You can be sure that before he announces a club, be it Melbourne, Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne Storm etc..., he would have spoken to West Coast.

If he says 'I want Collingwood' tomorrow/Tuesday/Wednesday, he IS going to Collingwood.

thats right, he hasn't said anything and from what I've been hearing the last 12 hours he's going to try and get to eddiewood

Any building, i have a feeling there will be quite a large line to get into this building though

I'm sick of this, its all i think about

END MY SUFFERING

Mate, I'm coming too. It's starting to get to the point where I don't care what the decision is anymore. If he says Melbourne super, if not, then at least I can stop giving a damn, and move on.