Demon player numbers

demonsflag555657

Does anyone know of a site where you can get a list of the players numbers that have ever played then we can get thoughts on who people think is the best to ever ware no 1 and so on. Thanks.

The 2007 Club Almanac has the list you are after.

BTW anyone notice that certain numbers seem to be reserved for particular types of players now... or is that just my imagination eg:

2, (midfielders) 8,(KPP Back) 11, (ruckman) 27 (KPP Back)etc.

1. Denis Cordner

2. Robbie Flower

3. Garry Lyon

4. Norm Smith

5. Ox

6. Bluey Adams

7. Brian Wilson

8. Tassie Johnson

9. David Neitz/Brian Dixon

10. Ken Emeselle

11. Laurie Mithen/ Jim Stynes

12. Jack Mueller

12. Adem Yze

14. Ivor Warne-Smith

15. Ron Baggot/Stan Alves

16. Andy Lovell

17. Alan La Fontaine

18. Brian Roet

19. Ray Biffin

20. Matthew Febey

21. Don Cordner

22. Bryan Keneally

23. 'Pop' Vine

24. 'Tiger' Ridley

25. Don Williams

26. Greg Parke

27. Sean Wight

28. pass

29. Hassa Mann

30. Alby Rodda/ John Beckwith

31 RDB

32 Barrie Vagg

33. Gary Hardeman

34. Jeff White

35. Dick Taylor/Clyde Laidlaw

36.Andrew Leoncelli

42. Peter Walsh

43 Guy Rigoni

45. Matthew Whelan

47 Alan Jarrott

The 2007 Club Almanac has the list you are after.

BTW anyone notice that certain numbers seem to be reserved for particular types of players now... or is that just my imagination eg:

2, (midfielders) 8,(KPP Back) 11, (ruckman) 27 (KPP Back)etc.

I agree i think it might last a few players in a row but then it changes all of a sudden.

But in saying that look at 27 Rivers, Ingerson, Sean White.

Also is there anytking online there must be.

8 Tassie Johnson.. probably a bit too far back huh !! lol was Yeatsies too.. so that dispels sorta

1. Denis Cordner

2. Robbie Flower

3. Garry Lyon

4. Norm Smith

5. Ox

6. Bluey Adams

7. Brian Wilson

8. Tassie Johnson

9. David Neitz/Brian Dixon

10. Ken Emeselle

11. Laurie Mithen/ Jim Stynes

12. Jack Mueller

12. Adem Yze

14. Ivor Warne-Smith

15. Ron Baggot/Stan Alves

16. Andy Lovell

17. Alan La Fontaine

18. Brian Roet

19. Ray Biffin

20. Matthew Febey

21. Don Cordner

22. Bryan Keneally

23. 'Pop' Vine

24. 'Tiger' Ridley

25. Don Williams

26. Greg Parke

27. Sean Wight

28. pass

29. Hassa Mann

30. Alby Rodda/ John Beckwith

31 RDB

32 Barrie Vagg

33. Gary Hardeman

34. Jeff White

35. Dick Taylor/Clyde Laidlaw

36.Andrew Leoncelli

42. Peter Walsh

43 Guy Rigoni

45. Matthew Whelan

47 Alan Jarrott

Just every now and then a singular post brings a far away look and a desire to open a better red than that already picked out.

Good one graz.

ps do you have something against 13? yze - Jakovich

pps went with a St.Hallet FAITH!

Max Walker 46

He only wore it for one season... hence..

DemonStorm
I really liked Matty Collins, but realistically does he deserve to be in the same company as those above?

Nicho is best remembered for number 8, my personal favourite in 44 was one John Fidge... but see above.

Big Carl whilst good, I only consider a part time Demon.

Franky

Jacka was hard to leave out, the colour the flair, but alas too brief.... "It's better to burn out than fade away!" I'll take your word on the red, I'm pretty uncouth... but I do enjoy Taswegian beer.

Well done Graz.

And good choice Franky on the drop.

I would have thought the following would have qualified:

22: Shane McGrath in the 40s must have been close to 3 flags 40,41 and 48

23: R Wartman classy midfielder with 3 flags 1939-41

24: Its Tiger's but Percy Beames can feel stiff to miss

26: Ian Thorogood had good claims with 3 to 4 flags

However when you look through the names (and take another sip of red) you realise that since the late 60s we have churned some real crud through the list with too few quality players amongst them.

Does anyone know of a site where you can get a list of the players numbers that have ever played then we can get thoughts on who people think is the best to ever ware no 1 and so on. Thanks.

We have all players entered into our database at Demonology.

You can view them by Guernsey Numbers, Heritage Number, Surname, Year Played and so on.

HTH

Tim

Re - 16

Travis Johnstone > Andy Lovell

I would put John Townsend ahead of both. TJ has been a chronic underachiever over 10 years at MFC.

The Number 16 has not been a number at MFC with a roll call of greats.

9. Alan Johnson deserves to be in this company.

22. Chris Connolly.

Alan Johnson and Laurie Fowler as well (Won 3 or 4 Blueys)

I would put John Townsend ahead of both. TJ has been a chronic underachiever over 10 years at MFC.

The Number 16 has not been a number at MFC with a roll call of greats.

Alan Johnson and Laurie Fowler as well (Won 3 or 4 Blueys)

Adrian Battiston, absolutely loved him.

"The Number 16 has not been a number at MFC with a roll call of greats."

Big Bob Johnson will do me, and his dad (also #16) was a topliner as well - 302 goals in 113 games from CHF, including 6 in a winning GF.

Guest The Tiger Of Old
23 - Geoff Tunbridge - 4 premierships

Yes. A good mate of mine.

He is getting married to the lovely Fiona in April next year....

At the 'G'..!!!!

I'll be there - It's going to be awesome!!!