• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sandringham v North Ballarat

Whispering_Jack

TEAC OVAL (Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne Melway 2J E1)

Tram: Route 109 – from Box Hill via Balwyn, Deepdene, Kew, Richmond, Victoria Parade, Collins Street and Clarendon Street, then via reserved track to North Port.

Bus: Raglan Street stop bus route 232 (North Altona); route 235 (Fishermans Bend) and route 238 City Terminus (Flinders Street).

SANDRINGHAM FOOTBALL CLUB PRESENTATION NIGHT

The Bentleigh Club

Yawla Street, Bentleigh

Thursday 18th October 2007 commencing 7pm

$50pp includes a three course dinner

Drinks at bar prices

For further information & bookings contact the club on 9598 8629

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the Melbourne boys at Sandy. Not really the club (don't go to the games, but will go for them on the TV) but those boys yeah. If Bizzell or Byron were playing I'd probably go but otherwise, it's just Sandy. Not that big on the VFL.

Of course if they wore the Demons jumper, that would be different ha ha.

GO DEES.

and

GO THE DEES in Sandy.

Ok. Good.

But let me ask you this... Who's your favorite player?

Then ask yourself if that player was traded to Brisbane, would you fly up there, get a membership & live up there until he retires??

Doubt it.

Of course I support the players but ultimately, they are there to serve the mighty red & blue.

After all, that's what they're paid to do................

In future, don't make stupid negative remarks about me ;)

Sorry about the negative comments but i was [censored] off about how you wouldn't go and see Sandy play in the Semi-Final and watch some of the young guns and future of Melbourne play. Who cares if they are wearing the Sandy jumpers, i go and watch the players. And yes if my favourite player (Jared Rivers) went to play another club i would support him. Going to live there and to get a membership is going a bit far but i'd still like him as a player.

A look at the game from North Ballarat's perspective -

Roosters wait on Kangaroos for final spots

Sandringham has strengthened its manpower significantly as it pursues a fourth consecutive premiership.

Melbourne-listed quintet Jace Bode, Ryan Ferguson, Michael Newton, Lynden Dunn and Chris Johnson provide the Zebras with much more backbone.

On top of this the experienced Chris Lamb also returns to help bolster a defence which crumbled against Williamstown in a qualifying final.

A look at the game from North Ballarat's perspective -

Roosters wait on Kangaroos for final spots

Sandringham has strengthened its manpower significantly as it pursues a fourth consecutive premiership.

Melbourne-listed quintet Jace Bode, Ryan Ferguson, Michael Newton, Lynden Dunn and Chris Johnson provide the Zebras with much more backbone.

On top of this the experienced Chris Lamb also returns to help bolster a defence which crumbled against Williamstown in a qualifying final.

CARN THE ZEBS!

CARN THE ZEBS!

NO wonder Melbourne finished near the bottom of the AFL you only have to look a the pathetic display being put up by supposed much better today maybe it would . players playing for Sandy today to see why! On this form you need about ten more decent players to be any good next year.

If Sandy get beaten today I think its time for both clubs to finish the agreement I would rather the Sandringham football club go it alone and keep its honour than be beholden to a second rate spiritless AFL team.!.

NO wonder Melbourne finished near the bottom of the AFL you only have to look a the pathetic display being put up by supposed much better today maybe it would . players playing for Sandy today to see why! On this form you need about ten more decent players to be any good next year.

If Sandy get beaten today I think its time for both clubs to finish the agreement I would rather the Sandringham football club go it alone and keep its honour than be beholden to a second rate spiritless AFL team.!.

now now. its not all melb supporters who feel like that.

and i still believe the reason why mfc suporters use the term 'seconds' to refer to sandy is not because it is meant as an insult, but because in football, traditionally, when your players get dropped from the 1sts the go to the seconds, its the way it works.

You have won four premierships in the last 7 years on the back of our club. Talk about ungrateful.

You have won four premierships in the last 7 years on the back of our club. Talk about ungrateful.

I disagree, i think the key reason why they have won those 4 premierships is more because they have had a good quality Sandringham core with the Melbourne players filling in some of the gaps. Yes, we gave them Rigoni and Read who both starred in grand finals, but unless you've got the quality out there week in week out, you won't get very far.

In fact it's a testimate to how good their core is that they did so well this year with Melbourne's injury problems.

PS. What the hell was with the kicking this week? We handed the bloody game to NB.

QUOTE(zebgrowler @ Sep 8 2007, 02:26 PM)

I would be very sad if we were to end our relationship, and it would definately be to your detriment.

It was a disappointing Sandringham which bowed out of the finals race at TEAC Oval when beaten by a more determined and committed North Ballarat. The loss was the Zebras' third in a row and once again erratic kicking in front of goal had a lot to do with the defeat although, to the Roosters' credit, it was the pressure they were able to apply that was part of the cause for Sandy's poor kicking and decision making up forward.

The Zebra cause was not assisted by some puzzling and inconsistent umpiring but sometimes a team has to wear that and if it has pretensions to winning a flag. Some lapses in discipline by experienced players did not help either.

To those who are critical of the alignment between the two clubs, you are way off the mark. The Melbourne-Sandringham union is an excellent model and has been mutually beneficial for both clubs. Before the main game, Williamstown reserves won their game but the tune played over the speakers was that of Collingwood which has taken over this once proud club and the Seagulls will soon have no traditional values of its own.

Sandringham 6.5.41 8.8.56 9.16.70 12.21.93

North Ballarat 4.4.28 12.7.79 13.12.90 16.14.110

Goals

Sandringham Sautner 3 Dunn Newton 2 Bode Buckley Ferguson C Johnson Liddell

North Ballarat Campbell 4 Thomas Urch 3 Clifton 2 Goodes Grima Harding Spolding

Best

Sandringham Bode Valenti Ferguson Warnock Summers Johnson

North Ballarat Sharkey Lower Goodes Campbell Clifton Moloney

And three during the 1990 s without the Dees!Whats there to be greatfull for oh master. When was the last Melbourne premiership 1964???and they way you are going it will be 2064 before you win another if your club is still around. MFC are still in the deal because it suits them otherwise why dont they have there own seconds in the VFL?

And three during the 1990 s without the Dees!Whats there to be greatfull for oh master. When was the last Melbourne premiership 1964???and they way you are going it will be 2064 before you win another if your club is still around. MFC are still in the deal because it suits them otherwise why dont they have there own seconds in the VFL?

Are you in grade 3 or grade 4?

I disagree, i think the key reason why they have won those 4 premierships is more because they have had a good quality Sandringham core with the Melbourne players filling in some of the gaps. Yes, we gave them Rigoni and Read who both starred in grand finals, but unless you've got the quality out there week in week out, you won't get very far.

In fact it's a testimate to how good their core is that they did so well this year with Melbourne's injury problems.

PS. What the hell was with the kicking this week? We handed the bloody game to NB.

I would be very sad if we were to end our relationship, and it would definately be to your detriment.

Would Sandringham have won any flags in the current system without being aligned to another AFL team, i think not.

Would Sandringham have won any flags in the current system without being aligned to another AFL team, i think not.

I THINK NOT AS WELL.

today also showed why we should steer clear of summers and valenti.

Summers has the work ethic that would make pickett look like a work horse. Valenti isn't quick enough or skillfull enough to make it.

Juice was hampered by sautner and poyas getting into his space.

I think it got clear that sandy blokes were looking out for each other and would by passs melbourne players, and guys like sautner and poyas refuse to pass and just have shots, this again explains why he kicks so many goals.

I think you just have to look at the past three norm goss medalists, read and ward are among them!

Easy to see Jim Stynes has influenced Shane Neaves in his ruck style. He jumps early, doesn't look at the ball, then comes to ground, only to have the ball hit him on the head!

I'm not saying Jim wasn't a great player.Around the ground he was superb! But the rovers never thought he was a good palmer. He just tried to negate the opposing ruckman. In modern footy the ruckman needs to hit the ball to the advantage of the midfielders.

Neaves has talent. I hope he doesn't adopt the "jump early and negate" style exclusively. It'd be a waste, since I think he's a more promising ruck than Jamar or Johnson.

Juice was hampered by sautner and poyas getting into his space.

I think it got clear that sandy blokes were looking out for each other and would by passs melbourne players, and guys like sautner and poyas refuse to pass and just have shots, this again explains why he kicks so many goals.

What absolute balderdash. Give me an example where a Sandy listed player ignored a Melbourne listed player today. You dont win 3 flags by having '2' sets of teams out there not playing with each other.

The reason that we won those flags is because of the cohesiveness of the alignment. To me, the reason Sandy lost today was because they took an arrogant attitude into the match, time and again they tried to take opponents on and do the flashy things, where the immense pressure meant they coughed it up, the opposition went long and direct and invariably punished us.

Newton and Sautner are too similar, both try for the big selfish speccies, and get in each others way. Newton is as much to blame is Sauntner is, if he's good enough he shouldve still found a way to work with Saunts. His miss from 15 out in the 3rd was unfogiveable at a crucial time too.

A terribly disappointing day, have we now seen the last of a few players today?

Your comments are way out of line and go completely against what I believe is the majority of Sandy supporters who support the alignment with Melbourne...sure there are people on both sides who don't favour this alignment....if you hate it that much then get yourself elected to the committee and get it changed to go alone...we've won 4 premierships out of the last 7....we've been the model for other clubs to try and emulate...if you dislike it that much then go and support Frankston or Port Melbourne

I think this alignment has been terrific for Sandy....

I can't believe your comments...you are waaaaaay off the mark..

GO ZEBS next year

Your comments are way out of line and go completely against what I believe is the majority of Sandy supporters who support the alignment with Melbourne...sure there are people on both sides who don't favour this alignment....if you hate it that much then get yourself elected to the committee and get it changed to go alone...we've won 4 premierships out of the last 7....we've been the model for other clubs to try and emulate...if you dislike it that much then go and support Frankston or Port Melbourne

GO ZEBS next year

Well said Zebraman and quite in contrast to Growler. Only have to see the Melbourne suporters at Sandy games to know the alignment is well supported. The endeavour I saw today from Melb and Sandy players was excellent, can't help poor kicking. Didn't Juice risk an increased suspension this week to ensure he could play finals for Sandy?

Disapointing Sandy is now gone for the year but you cannot complain about three in a row and 4 out of 7.

GO ZEBS next year

Fully agree Zman.

However, I must say that NB had it all over Sandy who were lax, undisciplined and inept. Little teamwork and generally some really powderpuff efforts at the contest.

I thought the MFC listed players either just went or thought their season finished last week. Some of them wont be playing in the red and blue next year.

FWIW, I would expect some Sandy senior players may move on now the 4 in a row is over.

Overall very sloppy after quarter time and the Zebras deserved to lose.

Best

Sandringham Bode Valenti Ferguson Warnock Summers Johnson

North Ballarat Sharkey Lower Goodes Campbell Clifton Moloney

Sorry for asking what may be blatantly obvious BRB but are the assessment of the best yours or the official one?

Either way, can you give an assessment of Bode and Valenti's games?

Was a very disappointing Zebs yesterday for sure. I know this will sound ridiculous but some played as if they wanted to be somewhere else !! Williams got caught flat footed . His usual flair deserted him. Juice ought to have been moved up to CHF with the 'ok' to roam...at least until this pulled the game back our way.

Some very VERY poor decisions made as a team. Some pretty good ones too...but lost amongst the medicority of the day. Goal kicking was... well.. there wasnt really much real goal kicking was there.. accuracy was attrocious. Cost the game really.

not impressed with Bode. Seems out of depth. Am suprised BRB had him in the best to be frank.

Sandy seemed to lack pace yesterday.

all that...and sometimes you just have a bad day...!!!!

NB seemd much better at using the ball.. They got a sniff that the Zebs were on the ropes as early as halfway through the 3rd I reckon.