Need more evidence that Melbourne are tanking?

i wouldnt worry about Kruiser, Richmond aren't about to be winning anytime soon either.

Riley u disgrace.

How can Dunn, Garland and Buckley not all be playing. if you look at the extended bench, given that Moloney, Newton and Jamar are definites for the bench, it seems that 2 of these boys will be wasting away in the ressies.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst 'youth policy' ever IMO...

As far as i'm concerned, Riley LIED to us when he said he would be giving our younger blokes a chance, and IMO should not be considered for the top job next year...

Disgraceful selections. I am over this club.

The website says the team has been shaken up because of last week's loss. Why is the club selling us this [censored]? I feel for blokes like Carroll and PJ, who have been committed all year and done great jobs for our club, being treated like this.

Mark Riley, you think you are going to be our coach next year? In your f*ckin dreams!

Bizzell out while Brown and Ward remain? Why?

Totally agree Maurie.

Ferguson, Holland, Jamar, Brown, Ward...

Is that how you envision 2008?

I'm all for playing the entire list and trying out new things, but you can't just drop players for absolutely no reason.

Carroll has been battling on his own the entire season, fighting out of his weight division, and is totally committed to every contest (see Carlton game), and they drop him. That is completely unfair, especially given the replacements are Holland and Ferguson. FFS!

Sure we're trying to lose, but we shouldn't burn vital players in the process. Unless Carroll or PJ have a mystery illness, they should both be playing.

The idea is to drop unfit players, or those who can't/won't make it onto the list next year. Not members of our starting 22!

I'm all for playing the entire list and trying out new things, but you can't just drop players for absolutely no reason.

Carroll has been battling on his own the entire season, fighting out of his weight division, and is totally committed to every contest (see Carlton game), and they drop him. That is completely unfair, especially given the replacements are Holland and Ferguson. FFS!

Sure we're trying to lose, but we shouldn't burn vital players in the process. Unless Carroll or PJ have a mystery illness, they should both be playing.

The idea is to drop unfit players, or those who can't/won't make it onto the list next year. Not members of our starting 22!

Agree totally Jaded. That's probably the smartest, most common-sense reply to this topic so far.

I know i'm having difficulty being rational, because i'm just so [censored] off and mystified at the selections.

FB: B.Holland, R.Ferguson, J.Frawley

HB: D.Bell, B.Miller, C.Bruce

C: B.Green, J.McDonald, P.Wheatley

HF: N.Brown, R.Robertson, S.Godfrey

FF: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, M.Bate,

Foll: J.White, B.McLean, N.Jones

Int: B.Moloney, S.Buckley, M.Newton, D.Ward, M.Jamar, L.Dunn, C.Garland

In: C.Bruce, D.Bell, B.Holland, R.Ferguson, M.Jamar, L.Dunn, C.Garland

Out: C.Bizzell, N.Carroll, P.Johnson, C.Johnson (all omitted)

Source: Demonology

I count 6 players in that team who won't be on our list next season. Ferguson, Holland, Miller, Jamar, Ward, Brown.

these players should be in the vfl and players like Dunn, Buckley, CJ, PJ, Carrol and Garland should be in the starting 18 for the rest of the season.

clearly riley isnt looking forward, simple as that.

what part of the structure of this team will improve us for next season? is he trying someone promising at FB, is he taking a punt on Newton or PJ at FF? is he giving guyz like CJ, Dunn and Bukley a chance to solidify their place at afl level so that they can be ready to make an impact next season?

i just dont see any positive initiatives?!

What a pharking descgrace!! The MFC CAN GO AND GET F#$#!! mark jamar! ewww over paul johnson!! nathan brown and daniel ward??!! policy youth my ass. hell even id give jace bode ago ahead of these two. worst selection ever. Mark Riley is not the man for our job!!

im gonna admit this but i hate the club!

A good thought re another thread- Sandy needs to qualify a few more players for the finals. So a chance to test a few in the Seniors and see what they are made of and a chance to get Sandy to the Grand Final again.

You'd think Sandy's success would take a back foot to MFC's development

I count 6 players in that team who won't be on our list next season. Ferguson, Holland, Miller, Jamar, Ward, Brown.

there is no way we delist 6 players... the point of playing all these guys is to help decide which of these players gets another crack, and which gets dropped... it's a bit hard to delist blokes when they've spent the whole season in the VFL putting in good peformances... we need to work out whether these guys have a future at our club or not, and this is the best way...

i would imagine ward is dropped to sandy from the look of that extended bench... the fact we've dropped PJ suggests he's safe and we need to make a decision on Jamar...

given that holland and fergueson have been included at bizzell and carroll's expense tells me that these blokes are in the gun, and that 1 or perhaps both will be delisted... I think Holland will hold on for one more, while we will be saying bye to fergie... frawley is always going to get a game ahead of him in the same position...

miller will play all season and i think we will trade him, and brown has been showing plenty in the last couple of weeks...

we're going to get belted, but we need to look at these players before we can make a call on any of them...

Ferguson definitely needs the looking at chance. He tries his heart out. Just a pity the wind blows him around so much.

Considering our only other tall defender is holland then we really need Fergo to come good. 195cm.

Can we merge carrol and fergo through some genetic means and get one good tall defender?

Holland tries his heart out but is too slow. No future there, and no point in trying out further - they know what he can do already,

which does make the selection policy a disgrace this week.

Just remember, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it

Over the last 12 months I have been reading on this site things like,

Sack the coach

Never play in the red and blue again (Bizzell, Johnson ect)

Play guys who are playing well for Sandy (Fergy Jamar Holland ect, yes all these have performed at Sandy)

Reilly did say he was going to do stuff a bit different, well he has.

And DD36 ,mate hate the decisions made buy others or if you have to hate individuals but NEVER hate the club

Doing what the club is doing,for whatever reason,what have we got to loose.

And if we were to win what then

The biggest problem people seemed to have with Danners was no plan B,well this is some plan B

You are right. We should be playing Carroll and PJ in the midfield and on the ball all day. :lol:

This is all about looking at the list for 2008

IMO the Club will axe two of Ferg, Jamar or Holland at year end. Which two? Performances in the coming weeks will have a say in that.

Fine lets drop Brown but I am not sure who your smaller forward is.

Ward will definitely be around in 2008.

I cant understand the overblown hissyfits about selection from here to year end. This is all about seeing who stays and who goes for 2008.

I cant understand the overblown hissyfits about selection from here to year end. This is all about seeing who stays and who goes for 2008.

Spot on. PJ's name is etched in stone as #2 ruck at present. Jamar deserves one final shot at earning his place.

I'm actually quite happy with selection.

this goes against everything i've said. but if newton has to go back and play for sandy for a week or two i wont be too [censored] off. he has had a taste at afl and has performed well and learnt heaps. he could go back and apply that for a full 120 minutes at sandy and dominate. he has looked good at afl, but hasnt been the number 1, an experience which might be good for him. but i would rather see him play more games in the red and blue than the stripes at TBO.

this goes against everything i've said. but if newton has to go back and play for sandy for a week or two i wont be too [censored] off. he has had a taste at afl and has performed well and learnt heaps. he could go back and apply that for a full 120 minutes at sandy and dominate. he has looked good at afl, but hasnt been the number 1, an experience which might be good for him. but i would rather see him play more games in the red and blue than the stripes at TBO.

Newton will 100% learn more and develop more playing 90 minutes at afl level rather than 110 minutes at vfl level.

you learn the pace of the game, how to make space inside the forward 50 and the intesity required at the top level.

why the fark would u actually prefer he play at a substandard level? makes absolutely no sense to me.

the only reason to give him a run in the vfl is if he is only getting 40 minutes gametime and not actually on the park. however this is not the case