We still have a game this week people!

classy dees

Hidden in amongst all the coaching, tanking, list assessments going on this week, we've all forgotten that we still have a game this week!

I cant help but think that we are in serious trouble this week against Port. AAMI (Voodoo) Stadium is our worst ground in the league, and we are playing a lot of guys who would have never played there, Port seem to be somewhat resurgent in recent times and of course we are still missing a host of players. The optimist in me says we can go with port for 3 qtrs but get done in the last. The realist in me however says get ready for a 100 point loss.

Changes ... If bruce and bell are fit they come back in, with buckley probably to make way for bell, and someone else to be squeezed out for bruce. I'd prefer it to be one of brown, godfrey or ward, but it is highly likely that it wont. The interesting one will be neitz. He's not 100%, and if they do decide to rest him, Dunn would be an obvious choice.

In terms of matchups the obvious one is tredrae. Miller has had numerous shocking days over the course of the season, but we dont lose anything by playing him on tredders. Put him there with carroll the backup. There is no point playing holland at this stage of the season given the way we're going. Frawley will get eaten by him, especially as he has come back bigger and stronger since his knee issues. If godfrey plays he should go to cornes (kane), but this may change given the fact that cornes will probably go to one of our boys e.g. brock or bruce if he plays. Chad will probably go to robbo, and will receive 40 touches by running off him. As a result robbo must be hit up to make him accountable.

thoughts...

You are correct, not much yap about the game against the Port Fairy Power....

I will be there with the girlfriend and will be screaming my guts out as always.... Nothing quite like watching the Dees at Moron Park! Will only be about 22,000 there I reckon but should be an interesting game....

Pretty sure we will get dominated, but if we can somehow manage to stop Chad Cornes (Bell???) and Kane (Godders) which leaves only The Bourgoynes, Danyle Pearce, David Rodan, Jacob Surjen.... OMG.... We will lose by 30+ points.....

But I am just hoping that Neitz has the same pre-match routine as last week.....

A few panadol and a BOOST JUICE

:lol:

If Bruce and Bell are indeed fit to come back into the side than i think the team should look something like this:

In: Bruce, Bell

Out: Buckley/CJ, Brown

Neitz really didn't look right last week but perhaps it was just a case of being underdone through not being able to string games together, unless he's injured he'll still play this week. Chris Johnson still looks like a lost child when he steps out on to an AFL field, maybe i expect too much from him but he's at that stage where he should be showing more.

Some key match ups this week will be Cornes x2, Burgoyne x2, Treadre, and Brett Ebert. Last time (if my memory serves me right) we started with Brown in the forward line on Chad Cornes and he got killed, afterwards we moved Dunn on him and Cornes was taken out of the game. I implore you Reilly, if you're gonna do that again just make the swap now and bring Dunn in rather than have Brown in the forward 50. Godders will go with P Burgoyne again as he absolutely killed him last time.

There is also talk of bringing Pickett in for his 200th this week, if that were to happen it would surely mean Buckley's out. Nothing against him, i think he's done alright in his first few games but it just seems the logical choice, the only other one may be Ward.

Could be an interesting week at the selection table.

In: Bell, Bruce

Out: Brown, Ward

Time for Riley to get serious about who is going to be there next year and who is not.

Ward will be on the list next season. his pace and improved accountability have meant he prob will be top 10 in our best n fairest this year.

brown i think is gawn

Pickett's a strong chance this week to share his 200th with Peter Burgoyne.

Bell and Bruce will also come in. Drop Three of:

C Johnson -Un AFL like

Buckley - Not ready yet, however I liked a bit of his game V Roos.

Frawley - needs to regain confidence at Sandy ASAP.

Brown - Pace and skills required for AFL have passed him by.

Ward - Mr Turnover

First time ever as a MFC supporter where I officially don't give a rats about the game. We all know we're going to get belted, so whats the use in looking forward to the game. Same goes for the Sydney match the week after. If the games were in Melbourne, then it would be a little different.

I was pumped for the Roos game - then couldn't handle sitting there in that last quarter - it was like being in one of those boring Uni lectures where you just have to leave.

I'm having 2 weeks off, while re-charging the batteries for the Dogs game in round 19.

This is the perfect game for a good ol' fashioned "Shoot Out"

We will lose, but will lose by more if we try and contain all their runners...

Burgoynes, Cornes, Cassisi, Rodan, Pearce, Surjen..... Kick to..... Tredrea, Ebert (Injury cloud), Westhoff

McLean, Jones, Sylvia, McDonald, Bruce, Bell...... Kick to..... Neitz, Juice, Robbo, Bate

At least it would be enjoyable to watch....

Ward will be on the list next season. his pace and improved accountability have meant he prob will be top 10 in our best n fairest this year.

brown i think is gawn

Ward is no guarantee to be on our list. Tough decisions will be made and a top 10 finish in the B&F will mean nothing if he is not seen by the new coach to be a valid contributor to our future.

How many games would Ward have played if it wasn't for injuries? My guess is a handfull.

Stuff Pickett

Bring in Dunn - he did a good job on Cornes at the G. shouldn't have been left out of the team in the first place

Don't drop Buckley, just started to find himself at AFL level last week, starting to show promising signs

while i'd like to keep giving CJ a go, there just ain't room for him in the team

Ins: Bruce, Dunn, Bell

Outs: Ward, Brown, CJ

Ward is no guarantee to be on our list. Tough decisions will be made and a top 10 finish in the B&F will mean nothing if he is not seen by the new coach to be a valid contributor to our future.

How many games would Ward have played if it wasn't for injuries? My guess is a handfull.

I actually think if it weren't for injuries he would have played a lot more! He had a terrible run with injuries - remember having his shoulder reconstructed before the start of the season in '05? He is an honest player - not the best kick but we can't all be superstars - get off his back and pick on someone else - or why not start a post on your own career.........oh, one thing stopping that isn't there?

I actually think if it weren't for injuries he would have played a lot more! He had a terrible run with injuries - remember having his shoulder reconstructed before the start of the season in '05? He is an honest player - not the best kick but we can't all be superstars - get off his back and pick on someone else - or why not start a post on your own career.........oh, one thing stopping that isn't there?

Mate you obviously have no idea what needs to happen for the club to go forward. Ward is not the kind of player that will contribute to our future. He is selfish, unaccountable and constantly turns the ball over. He has had a crack and now it is time he leaves.

Good luck to you if you'd prefer to see Ward run around next year, thats your opinion, but don't diminish mine cause I haven't played AFL. How games have you played deesrock? What makes you more qualified to have an opinion than me?

Mate you obviously have no idea what needs to happen for the club to go forward. Ward is not the kind of player that will contribute to our future. He is selfish, unaccountable and constantly turns the ball over. He has had a crack and now it is time he leaves.

Good luck to you if you'd prefer to see Ward run around next year, thats your opinion, but don't diminish mine cause I haven't played AFL. How games have you played deesrock? What makes you more qualified to have an opinion than me?

Firstly I am not YOUR mate.

I have not played any AFL games because as far as I am aware, females are not able to. Oh, and I don't have the ability.

I did play state league netball but I have no problem admitting that I did not have what it takes to go beyond that level.

I guess now you can shot my claims down in flames - what being a girl and a netballer and all.

I have re read my post and I am pretty sure I don't actually say Ward is the future of the club so how about you don't make assumptions on my behalf? You know what they say about ASS U ME. I am not saying that Ward will necessarily be playing again for the red and blue next year but I am saying that he is in the team and he does try his hardest and give his all for the club. There are a lot of players on our list that could benefit from having his intensity.

Also - thanks for being interested in my point about Pickett on the Sheedy to Melbourne post.

Adios!

Theres a very good reason theres not much chatter about this weeks game...Its irrelevent !!

The focus is on 2008...the focus is on the new team to go forward with, from the coach down.

We arent going to make much of a difference to the table save one more delicious bite of the PIE !! :-=))

Firstly I am not YOUR mate.

I have not played any AFL games because as far as I am aware, females are not able to. Oh, and I don't have the ability.

I did play state league netball but I have no problem admitting that I did not have what it takes to go beyond that level.

I guess now you can shot my claims down in flames - what being a girl and a netballer and all.

I have re read my post and I am pretty sure I don't actually say Ward is the future of the club so how about you don't make assumptions on my behalf? You know what they say about ASS U ME. I am not saying that Ward will necessarily be playing again for the red and blue next year but I am saying that he is in the team and he does try his hardest and give his all for the club. There are a lot of players on our list that could benefit from having his intensity.

Also - thanks for being interested in my point about Pickett on the Sheedy to Melbourne post.

Adios!

I obviously took offence to the 'start your on post on your own career' comment. I'm glad you recognise that Ward is not our future. In that light do you understand my point that he should not be selected before Buckley, CJ etc? Why? 'Casuse this year is over and next year has begun.

It may be a little disrespectful to a bloke that has been apart of our club for ten years, but that is football. Ward has had his career and even he (big assumption) may agree that his time is nearly up. Ward can hang up his boots and be satisfied that he played elite sport for a decade. He had some great games and from all reports was a great clubman.

Yes your point on Pickett was a good one.

i thought we had a bye. it is interstate isnt it? lol

We're going to get our arse handed to us on a platter over there.

A 12+ goal loss is not out of the question. No doubt I'll develop a sudden urge to stab myself in the eyes at about the 10th minute mark of the first quarter.

With that in mind:

Out: Neita, Robbo (both to take a holiday until October), Brown

In: Bell, Bruce, DUNN (why the hell was he dropped?)

We're going to get our arse handed to us on a platter over there.

A 12+ goal loss is not out of the question. No doubt I'll develop a sudden urge to stab myself in the eyes at about the 10th minute mark of the first quarter.

With that in mind:

Out: Neita, Robbo (both to take a holiday until October), Brown

In: Bell, Bruce, DUNN (why the hell was he dropped?)

Swap Neitz for Chris Johnson and I'd be happy.

a- because I think Neitz is fit enough to play, he's just in need of match fitness

b- We need every ounce of leadership we can muster at present

c- Round 20 vs Collingwood is now written in pen in my diary, I want it to coincide with Neitz' 300th. :)

c- Round 20 vs Collingwood is now written in pen in my diary, I want it to coincide with Neitz' 300th. :)

Selfish! <_< :lol:

I want to see Neita play his 300th when he is fully fit and surrounded by a winning team.

If that means we put him on ice until 2010, than so be it! :P

No point dropping CJ. We're going to lose anyways, might as well see what more he has to offer while doing so.

Selfish! <_< :lol:

I want to see Neita play his 300th when he is fully fit and surrounded by a winning team.

If that means we put him on ice until 2010, than so be it! :P

No point dropping CJ. We're going to lose anyways, might as well see what more he has to offer while doing so.

Hey, I've seen the Dees play once in my life and it was a flogging at the hands of Geelong! Since the result of this game probably won't be much different I'm entitled to be selfish.

With CJ, I've personally already made up my mind on what he has to offer, and I don't think it differs much from what our former senior coach seemed to think. I suspect you will get your wish of him playing again though.