Lloyd facing 1 week for shot on Carroll

WonnaJurah

just to get clear on this Ash...youre an advocate for cheap shots ?? thats Ok is it? just asking

I'll answer your question when you answer mine.

I'll ask it again, was big tough Chopper Carroll in danger of getting hurt?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its irrelevant whterh he was to be hurt or not. that is NOT the criteria of any ajudication of that action.

Proper criteria pertain to,was it within acceptable distance to the ball ..and was it in play ? ( no it wasnt, quarter was OVER ) Does it breech any law of the game ? see. previous .

just little things like those !!!

and as an adjunct to your blinded view on this... had Lloydy not collected Carroll high enough , had Carroll just moved forward enough (After all Carroll was unawre of anyone about to hit him, since the quarter WAS over) then lloydy could have hit in the area of the kidneys.. that might do some harm dont you think ??

Just accept it was a foolish and cowardly act unbecoming of a captain let alone another player. He got knicked !!

its irrelevant whterh he was to be hurt or not. that is NOT the criteria of any ajudication of that action.

Proper criteria pertain to,was it within acceptable distance to the ball ..and was it in play ? ( no it wasnt, quarter was OVER ) Does it breech any law of the game ? see. previous .

See that's the problem with the tribunal system. Criteria criteria criteria. What's wrong with looking at an incident, and saying, it's a bit stupid, a cheap shot if you will, but really, is it worth a player missing a game for? Instead we have all this crap about high or low level impact, etc etc. The current system doesn't work. Absolutely no consistency, and too many wrong decisions are made.

I still think alot of the angst over this incident comes from the fact that it is Lloyd who is involved and not some no name that hardly anyone knows.

Not that the tribunal is known for it's consistency, but surely if Goodes escaped suspension on Godfrey earlier this year, Lloyd will also be cleared.

hang on....where are your goalposts now.. ?? you want it viewed in light of a different set of rules ?

that in itself is a different thing.

But there are rules in place. There is a requirement to play with in them or be dealt a penalty.

Llyod stepped over the line, he wil be dealt with.

So due to a differing opinion i suddenly become a goose....hmmm nice one.

lets see, he runs at caroll and slams into him from behind like a weak [censored] = 1 week for you!

just like hitting some one from behind, its a dog's act!

Goodes deserved one too!

lets see, he runs at caroll and slams into him from behind like a weak [censored] = 1 week for you!

Goodes deserved one too!

Never fear condemned, you are completely right......

Definitely not a goose in sight ;):) !!!

To be completely honest, I didn't think it was worth looking at.

He bumped into him from behind. So what. If he had hit him high or used a fist or elbow with a lot of force to the back of Carroll it'd be a different story, but there's no point in looking at that.

Goodes deserved one too!

Anyone who honestly thinks the incident deserves suspension is a goose in my opinion.

Why don't you go and enjoy a nice friendly game of basketball.

I'm sick of all this anyway. He'll probably be suspended, and you'll all dance for joy [not that it does Melb any good] and you'll all say "I told you so". I'm moving on.

davey_magik can answer any of your queries on my behalf as he seems to see where I am coming from.

I think it definitely deserves a suspension.

Carroll was unaware of what was about to happen, Lloyd, like the pathetic person he clearly is, charges at him and takes a completely cheap shot.

That is deserving of a week, regardless of any high, low or anything else.

It was pathetic.

It was a cheap shot, but in all honesty if Goodes got off Lloyd should get off. If it was a Melbourne player we would be absolutely furious! Having said that it was such a weak cowardly act to charge someone from behind when they weren't looking. Nearly as bad as kicking someone when they're down

1 match suspension verified on SEN

Very pleased to see that Matspew Lloyd got a week for his come from the rear attack on Carroll. Itsa wunder he didn't finish it off with a DIVE! I have heard about those who have no guts to actually face off with an opponent when attacking.

I honestly thought the out cry on Demonland would come from Andrew Welsh receiving a reprimand for his high bump on Brad Green, but I suppose he isn't a hated player like Lloyd.

If people honestly want Lloyd suspended for the incident, and not for who he is, the game of AFL football is in trouble.

Do we think Carroll was in any really danger of getting hurt? Yes it was after the siren blah blah blah, but let's get fair dinkum, what was more dangerous, Lloyds knock on Carroll the other night, or Whelans bump in Round 1 against St Kilda. Whelan got off, and so should Lloyd.

As Brocky said, Fevola wasn't even sited in Round 7.

How do you compare a clash of heads which happened with whelans play if you watched it you will see him move him body around at the time of impact and Lloyd's hit from come from behind hit the same.......oh as for fev what he did was not the same as Lloyd's so don't compare that one, what Lloyd did was stupid whether he should get rubbed out is another thing (I would give him 8 weeks well maybe not)

It was a cheap shot, but in all honesty if Goodes got off Lloyd should get off. If it was a Melbourne player we would be absolutely furious! Having said that it was such a weak cowardly act to charge someone from behind when they weren't looking. Nearly as bad as kicking someone when they're down

Fact is, Goodes should have been suspended. Both acts were equally sniping and weak.

Anyone who honestly thinks the incident deserves suspension is a goose in my opinion.

Why don't you go and enjoy a nice friendly game of basketball.

I'm sick of all this anyway. He'll probably be suspended, and you'll all dance for joy [not that it does Melb any good] and you'll all say "I told you so". I'm moving on.

davey_magik can answer any of your queries on my behalf as he seems to see where I am coming from.

I hate basketball, i also hate people who hit from behind. its a weak act and id hate it if a melb player did it.

I really dont care if lloyd gets off or not, but the goodes case went up, he got off on a technicallity and the out cry on talkback was pretty full on and most by supporters of other clubs, the afl want to stop this, not i.

I understand where you are coming from, was it soft in the sense of a reportable offence yes it was, but due to the fact that it was a 3/4 time he cant be penalised by giving away a free but can be reported.

I still dont think i deserve to be called a goose for having a different opinion to you, but thats your call.

Can you help me out please on the Andrew Welsh incident?

Was Green paid a free kick after it happened?

I was sitting on the opposite side of the ground and a long way up, but no i don't think he was. Its a big foggy though, i went and drowned my sorrows long and hard after the game.

Was Green paid a free kick after it happened?

No he wasn't. Should have, but wasn't.

I did say I was moving on, but just one last point of view on the whole thing.

The analogue I would use when you watch the cricket on telly and a bowler appeals for LBW and you think to yourself “that’s not out”. Then they show ‘Hawkeye’ and ‘Hot Spot’ and 14 different slow mo replays. And all of this stuff shows the ball may have just pitched inside the blue line and perhaps may have just clipped the top of leg stump, so to the letter of the law it could be given out LBW. But of course it isn’t, cos it doesn’t look out, so the umpire doesn’t give it. The tribunal these days tick boxes, and add up points and that’s what determines suspensions. Just look at the incident and say to yourself, “Does that warrant a suspension”.

Most here say yes, that scumbag Lloyd committed a dogs act cos he is a weak [censored], so it does deserve suspension. Personally, I don’t. Whether it’s Matthew Lloyd, or any other player.

But to be honest, its just football. I had a hard day yesterday; it was the 5 year anniversary of the passing of my beautiful daughter Ashleigh. It puts things in perspective. Obviously I don’t agree with the tribunals’ decision, and the lack of consistency is appalling [funny how a Sydney player is on the positive side of yet another inconsistency, Goodes/ Lloyd, A.Rocca last week/Leo Barry this week], but in the end it’s just footy. Essendon will turn up this week, and try and beat the Cats, we probably won’t, but that’s the way it goes. Life goes on.

Personally, I just think it’s unfortunate that Matthew will miss James Hirds 250th match and the possible return to AFL football of Adam Ramanauskas because of an incident that was unnecessary and a little stupid, but far from malicious or harmful.

But to be honest, its just football. I had a hard day yesterday; it was the 5 year anniversary of the passing of my beautiful daughter Ashleigh. It puts things in perspective.

My deepest regards go to you and to your wife. 5 years that has gone quick.

Im sorry to hear that news :(