• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ins: Neitz, Johnstone, Brown, NEWTON

Outs: Yze, Holland, Frawley, Pickett

I hope this is not official.

Why drop Frawley for Brown, and where's CJ/Whelan/Dunn/Buckley?

Thank god there is only 10 more weeks left, until we get new people doing team selections.

Thank god there is only 10 more weeks left, until we get new people doing team selections.

Neal loves Doggy, so it's not really that suprising, but doesn't seem logical.

CJ - Did nothing when played for Melbourne and done nothing in most games at Sandy. Why play him if he hasn't demanded a spot (like Juice has). If he hasn't been good at Sandy, how's he automatically going to improve for Melbourne?

Whelan - If you read the reports you would have seen injured his wrist on Sunday. No chance after 5 day break & would be doubtful for Sandy this week as well.

Dunn - Unlucky but with Juice coming in, forward line may have been a bit too top heavy with Newton & Neitz both coming in.

Buckley - Hasn't done enough at Sandy, has barely been in the best & like Johnson shouldn't just play cos he's young.

Frawley - Been a bit lost last few weeks, needs to go back to Sandy to get some confidence.

Only iffy change is doggy for pickett. Neither is the future, but I would say from their performances this year doggy will offer alot more than Byron.

So who plays on Lucas, Biz to slow, Bell will have to. Maybe Brown, Ward, Biz will also retire after tomorrows game. Riley will be given the directive from the board to play the kids, so expect a few more to come in next week.

So who plays on Lucas, Biz to slow, Bell will have to. Maybe Brown, Ward, Biz will also retire after tomorrows game. Riley will be given the directive from the board to play the kids, so expect a few more to come in next week.

I thought we would start playing the kids this week.

Maybe they're giving Daniher this game to do what he wants, which I guess means little in the big scheme of things.

But the question you ask is valid, who does play on Lucas?

Don't think I want Bell to be spanked by someone who is clearly not the right match-up for him.

I thought Miller may have come in for insurance down back, especially since they decided to drop Frawley and Holland.

Hell even Warnock would be a more logical inclusion, and he's been playing well from all reports too.

I just don't understand what the plan here is.

We drop two big defenders, and bring in one unaccountable small defender. Lloyd and Lucas must be laughing.

Brown was unlucky to be dropped after the Adelaide game and the job he did on McLeod IMHO.

Good changes.

Agreed, did an extremely selfless job on McLeod. I can guarentee he will have more impact tomorrow than Buckley would have!

I thought we would start playing the kids this week.

Maybe they're giving Daniher this game to do what he wants, which I guess means little in the big scheme of things.

But the question you ask is valid, who does play on Lucas?

Don't think I want Bell to be spanked by someone who is clearly not the right match-up for him.

I thought Miller may have come in for insurance down back, especially since they decided to drop Frawley and Holland.

Hell even Warnock would be a more logical inclusion, and he's been playing well from all reports too.

I just don't understand what the plan here is.

We drop two big defenders, and bring in one unaccountable small defender. Lloyd and Lucas must be laughing.

Caroll to do the job on Lloyd like he has in the past, (ie rd 22 2005) and Bell to do a Harry O'Brien on Lucas. Really isn't that difficult. Did you want Holland or Frawley on Lucas? Lucas gets all the majority of marks on the lead. Holland would have been too slow and Frawley not smart enough yet.

CJ - Did nothing when played for Melbourne and done nothing in most games at Sandy. Why play him if he hasn't demanded a spot (like Juice has). If he hasn't been good at Sandy, how's he automatically going to improve for Melbourne?

Not according to the Sandy Match Reports that have him regularly in their best players and refer to him often as being one of the better peformed dees...

I'm interested if you watch Sandy quite regularly, because the word from others is that he goes alright, but isn't favored by Neale in the same way Juice isn't.

Caroll to do the job on Lloyd like he has in the past, (ie rd 22 2005) and Bell to do a Harry O'Brien on Lucas. Really isn't that difficult. Did you want Holland or Frawley on Lucas? Lucas gets all the majority of marks on the lead. Holland would have been too slow and Frawley not smart enough yet.

Yeah, Holland has no correct match-up in the Ess team. I don't think he had one against Richmond either, he only stayed because it would have been considered 'unfair' to drop him after the towelling he gave Rocca.

Carroll is the obvious one for Lloyd, but I think Bizz could take either him or Lucas, freeing up Bell, which I think is better for both him (destroyed by Brown last week) and the team (he can run off half-back).

Sorry to see Frawley go, but he hasn't set the world on fire. Glad to see Newton.

CJ should not be on an afl list at years end.

very good changes this week.

frawley needs to develop his game at sandy. remember he has hardly played any vfl football this season bc of injury. he should play 5-6 of the remaining games this season so he'l be ripe and ready to be a starting 22 next season.

the only players who i would like to see in the team who are not included for friday night are

1) whelan- injured for sandy otherwize would have played. was showing good form till wrist injured

2) Dunn- he should play 7-8 games in the second half of the year, but he is still devloping so having him at sandy isnt so bad

2) Buckley- should play 5-6 games by years end, but must continue to devlop his game at sandy. not ready yet

4)Garland- see buckley. should be played 5-6 games

Miller should be tried as key position defender to replace holland a few games. Warnock should be tried as mobile/key defender a few games to see if he's up to it

the only other starting 22 players out are

rivers, moloney, Bartram, Yze- all are inured.

this is as close to our best 22 as we'v had all season. y are ppl complaining.

Brown was unlucky to be dropped after the Adelaide game and the job he did on McLeod IMHO.

Good changes.

and the sandy reports have said he has been doing alright...

...Bell, which I think is better for both him (destroyed by Brown last week) and the team (he can run off half-back).

how much of the game was bell actually played on brown?

Melbourne Team

Backs: D.Ward, N.Carroll, P.Wheatley

Half backs: S.Godfrey, C.Bizzell, D.Bell

Centreline: C.Bruce, J.McDonald, T.Johnstone

Half forwards: B.Green, R.Robertson, A.Davey

Forwards: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, M.Bate

Followers: J.White, B.McLean, N.Jones

I/C: P.Johnson, R.Petterd, M.Newton, N.Brown

Emergencies: B.Miller, C.Johnson, S.Buckley

In: D.Neitz, T.Johnstone, N.Brown, M.Newton

Out: Yze [hernia], Holland [broken nose], Pickett [omit], Frawley [omit]

The emergencies look about right, in case Neita and TJ pull out.

This ridiculous comment doesn't even deserve a reply, however I will ask whether you have some sort of personal grudge against Chris Johnson?

He has barely been given a chance to prove himself, in my opinion, and you're saying that not only should he not be at Melbourne, but not at any other club? Rubbish.

Sorry but it just makes me mad when people are willing to give up on a player so easily and so early. :angry:

very good changes this week.

frawley needs to develop his game at sandy. remember he has hardly played any vfl football this season bc of injury. he should play 5-6 of the remaining games this season so he'l be ripe and ready to be a starting 22 next season.

the only players who i would like to see in the team who are not included for friday night are

1) whelan- injured for sandy otherwize would have played. was showing good form till wrist injured

2) Dunn- he should play 7-8 games in the second half of the year, but he is still devloping so having him at sandy isnt so bad

2) Buckley- should play 5-6 games by years end, but must continue to devlop his game at sandy. not ready yet

4)Garland- see buckley. should be played 5-6 games

Miller should be tried as key position defender to replace holland a few games. Warnock should be tried as mobile/key defender a few games to see if he's up to it

the only other starting 22 players out are

rivers, moloney, Bartram, Yze- all are inured.

this is as close to our best 22 as we'v had all season. y are ppl complaining.

I don't know where to start with this post so I'll only pick three things.

Firstly, you are wrong on CJ, completely.

Secondly, your comment on Frawley doesn't make any sense at all. He'll be cherry ripe if has a good pre-season, playing with Sandy for the rest of the season will have no impact at all in terms of being ready next year.

Thirdly, we need to build for the future, and I can guarantee you that Ward and Brown will never play in a premiership for Melbourne, CJ and Buckley should be playing instead. Then at least we'll have a better understandng of what they're capable of.