Should Danners leave club immediately

herb

Hopefully the conference goes something like this:

"We'd like to thank Neale for his services... bla bla bla"

"We're now looking into prospective coaches...bla bla bla"

"We won't be making anymore comments until a coach has been found...bla bla bla"

"Oh, and Chris Connolly will most certainly NOT be given an interview"

Please oh god somebody put me out of my misery about this Chris Connolly thing.

I'm now barracking for Freo to make the finals. Go Freo go! <_<

HAHA, here here. With a decent group of young U/23s coming up through the club...a similar approach needs to be taken with the coach...maybe someone who hasnt been a head coach before? Viney? ie. a different regime to ND.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, ND should leave as soon as we can find a decent replacement that can evaluate our list over the next 10 games. Why should the club tread water for another 1/2 season when we could actually get some basic info on list management to pass to whoever our new coach may be? We need to be more aggressive in the way we operate the football department or we will fall another 1/2 season behind 15 other clubs. I am open to outsiders having some say on who might be of value to the club during this interim period. There are plenty of astute football stalwarts that would be ideally suited to co-opt into assisting us with some extremely important decision making. Why not approach people like; Mike Fitzpatrick, Ron Barassi, John Kennedy Snr., Gary Lyon, Ross Oakley, Steve Monegetti, David Parkin, etc., etc?, These people (and similiar) are sportsminded, business oriented and have all got the greater interest of football at heart. They all have great people skills. Lets not waste the next 10 weeks.

But how about this? Everyone says Voss should be an assistant before he's a coach. Would it do ANYTHING at all to sign him now and have him sit in the box?

So he has the job already then. What if he is a dud assitant. We will need a clause in there :wacko:

My answer is No.

Footnote: QueenC, no need to post another agreeable reply.

As a loyal servant over 10 yrs perhaps Daniher could lay down some home truths to some of those players he failed to reach? This maybe an opportunity for these players to "hear it like it is" He may well have created an opportunity to serve us even more in our time of need/change. The players are primarily to blame for their performance and now danners has the opportunity to spell it out to them like never before.

'Along those lines. In effect saying his poor form was irrelevant as he may come good.'

i'd like you to be a little more specific in your claims.

please elaborate!

this is an important point as you would agree.

give us the detail

I'd really love him to stick it out til our final game, a home game at the G against Carlton, and I think he will.

So the players now know he won't be there next year, but I don't think that's going to mean they're going to respect him any less. As has been said, it will (well it should) fire them up, drive them to perform to their best, and give Neale the send-off he deserves.

Neale is no longer coaching the Dees for the sake of his own career at Melbourne. So what is he coaching for?

If he stays on, he'll be coaching for dignity and respect, he'll be coaching so that a sense of stability is maintained around the club, and he'll be coaching 'cos he has every darn right to see out the end of his contract!

Whilst one may argue that Season '08 begins now and Neale needs to get out fast, I'll be disappointed to see Neale finish, or in my eyes - give up, after the Essendon game.

If Neale decides friday is it i think thats a perfectly Ok thing. He is surely entitled to think and do whats best for the Daniher clan now. He has earnt that.

First time i ve been back on sibce i posted this thread yeasterday...... and in that time its been announced ND will be finishing up friday night. Just wanted to point out that despite the fact i think it s a positive that ND will step aside straight away i didnt mean to give the impression that im not a Danners fan, I love the Rev and his passion for the club, even if the next coach has more success it will be hard to like them as much because with danners you new he lived and breathed the Dees. That said i think he will be back at another team and if his tactical abiltiy by then improves to match his passion he will probably achieve the final step that he couldn t at melb.

Good Luck Danners and thank you.