Danners One more year!

franga

gardiner should tell Danners this week that he will have a one year extension on his contract. He should be told to back up his claims with this group that they are a premiership team by finishing no less than in the top four next year or OUT!.

He should be told to completely rest all of the players carrying injuries, play all the kids to get them play time and finish this season in last so to enable some good quality picks in the draft.

Put up or shut up time Danners. Set yourself for glory next year not failure!! "Top 4 or be shown the door"

If daniher gets a new contract we will have 319 members next year.

10 years has been 3 years too long!

I want a coach who will come in a make this group into a hard outfit, menatlly and pyshically. ND has not been able to achieve that in 10 years.

Lets face it who ever wins the GF ND will try and make us play that style for next year and we will fail at that too.

I'm so sick of watching us play football that does not suit our players just because Sydney/WCE won a flag with that style.

put up or shut up time Danners. Set yourself for glory next year not failure!! "Top 4 or be shown the door"

.....that's like SO yesterday !!!!!!!!

In all seriousness.. he's had all the chances anyone needs.

NEXT !!!!!!!

I like ND a lot, but I also get the feeling that the players also like him a lot. The players are too comfortable with him & thereby become selfish & play for themselves only.

Although I'd still wait until the end of the year, but I feel that ND & quite a few players wont be there next year.

This is not about whether danners is a good bloke.. i can only imagine every man and woman to a t here thinks he's done a grand job in most every respect except.... du du dahhhhhhh....CAOCHING !!

its not about being a nice bloke...just effective !!!

An MFC press conference must be made today revealing that Neale Daniher's contract will not be extended beyond Sunday 2nd September, 2007 at 7:45 pm (at the conclusion of the Carlton game).

Just give the coach, players, board, supporters, sponsors etc.. some clarity on next years situation.

There is absolutely no merit in the world in keeping Daniher beyond this year. He is currently coach of the AFL's worst side - don't let the ladder fool you, Richmond are better than us and have been generally more competetive than Melbourne. Richmond have won more quarters than Melbourne this year.

Daniher has somehow transformed this team from a highly competitive top 6 side into 2007's likely wooden spooner. Hell, its not as if we have a poor list.

(If I had my way I would've sacked him after the Richmond game....the MFC's worst performance since the late 1990's.)

An MFC press conference must be made today revealing that Neale Daniher's contract will not be extended beyond Sunday 2nd September, 2007 at 7:45 pm (at the conclusion of the Carlton game).

nah they wont do that. thats not fair to the coach who has a contract and a job to do. what they need to say is 'we are reviewing our coaching panel and structure for next year and will be interviewing all applicants for the job to ensure that we have the right person for that job. whether it be neale or someone else. he is still contracted til the end of this year. he knows he wont get the gig next year, but we need to start looking now.

nah they wont do that. thats not fair to the coach who has a contract and a job to do.

Its not fair for the performance that Daniher's Demons offered to the members and supporters.

As well as the:

St.Kilda game

Geelong game

Fremantle game

Sydney game

West Coast game

Works both ways.

Its not fair for the performance that Daniher's Demons offered to the members and supporters.

As well as the:

St.Kilda game

Geelong game

Fremantle game

Sydney game

West Coast game

Works both ways.

i think you hit the nail on the head but you didnt realise it. "danihers demons", not daniher soley. daniher is not the sole person responsible for our poor performances. do you advocate sacking any of the players mid season? bruces kicking has been poor. but other aspects of his game have been fantastic. should we tell him we're sacking him at the end of the season? you need to judge daniher on a number of things, not only his match day coaching, but his preparation, and training, his organisation, god knows how many other things he has to do. are you suggesting that ND sits in the coaches box and says 'yeah do what you want, i dont care if you cant hit targets, i dont care if your soft etc..."? you dont announce that you are sacking him, right after you dont need him anymore, you review the situation, interview the appropriate candidates (including neale if he applies) and then make a decision.

if you wish to do what you have suggest (tell everyone he is sacked at the end of the year), why would he keep coaching? why would he do anything to help the club? id be surprised if he didnt walk straight away. what you are saying is tantamount to sacking him there and then, and i think you'll realise that the public blood letting of a coach is not necessarily a good thing. it leads to temporary coaches, it leads to instability and uncertainty around the club. ND has worked hard for the club and deserves the respect to see out his contract, til the end of the year.

of the games you mentioned i like you missed the one that mattered, the richmond game. we have had a horrible run with injuries, both during and before games, we have had instability in the 22 picked on the park and we havnt been able to get up. the richmond game was a disgrace, but the other games were expected in all honesty.

The problem is not just this year as we know. We serve up these games every year. Look at last year for example, when we were up and running and looking for a Top 4 spot we turn up and get our pants pulled down by Carlton. Look at 2000, our grand final year - we got flogged by 95 points against Carlton, and even 1998 we lost 2 games in a row by over 80 points.

It's always happened with Daniher at the helm. I think he has done some fantastic things for the club, but we can't keep allowing ourselves to turn up and play like we did on Friday night. Our list is too good for that. It's time for a change.

Daniher should resign asap. He has had plenty of chances and losing to the Tigers was the final straw, after all they have been saying we were still a finals chance and then put in a performance like that.

Imagine the damage to the club if they let him coach next year and we lose a games in the first few rounds to ordinary sides, all of a sudden he would be called to be sacked, and 2008 would be a waste.

Like Saints last year, they need a new coach in by the start of trade period so he can put his stamp on the club.

They need enough time as possible to assess the players and prepare for a assult on 2008.

of the games you mentioned i like you missed the one that mattered, the richmond game.

I actually referred to the Richmond game in my opening line...hense the 'as well as' Geelong, St.kilda games etc.. further down.

You can analyse the situation and offer excuses such as injuries etc... but the man in charge of the failed operation has to go. Whether it be now or in September.

I have a feeling ND would've privately conceded his coaching career was effectively over at MFC after last Friday night's performance. Therefore announcing that ND and MFC would be parting ways at the end of the year would hardly be a shock to the system for ND.

Don't feel too sorry for ND. He's old and tough enough to look after himself. AFL's a cut-thrope business, and he chose to pursue a career in it.

I don't think it matters whether they publicly announce Daniher's future now.

I can guarantee you that he knows that he's under review, and that's enough.

What we do need to do, is let players know in no uncertain terms that they now have a number of weeks to prove that they are worthy of wearing red & blue next year.

Give everyone on our list who isn't injured and is standing on shakey ground, the opportunity to play and show us what they've got.

This includes all youngsters and SENIOR players who consistently don't put in (not ordinary depth players who we know get us nowhere).

It will make the job for our next coach much easier, and show us who truly bleeds for the jumper.

The hardest thing for the players now, knowing that they won't make the finals, is to play with the same passion and aggression and hardness as they would in Round 1 or in a final. Time they prove they care, or they can pack their bags and leave with Daniher.

As well as the:

St.Kilda game

Geelong game

Fremantle game

Sydney game

West Coast game

Works both ways.

im sorry but i fail to see any reference to the richmond game in that post. maybe the top line was a general statement, but it isnt specifically about the richmond game. but that aside, the crux of my argument was that he should be judged on the richmond game, more than the others you listed, because of the external factors associated. if you disagree with that thats fine, difference of opinion.

On one hand I can see Jaded's point of not mattering about the publicness of any goings on re Daniher. Those immediately affected will know.

However I can see one benefit of bringing it to the fore. It allows everyone with any form of investment in the MFC , whether it be membership, sponsorship or commentary know that the winds of change are blowing through the cobwebs of stagnation.

It might be all thats needed to create a better position going forward for those that make any real decisions. Also lets others know in no uncertain terms that the malaise is over. Mediocrity isnt tolerated, not any more.

From another standpoint it reverses things. Much is made of the 'fickleness" of supporters, that we dont possibly understand the true nature of things as we arent privy to all that goes on behind closed doors by people apprently knowing better. It tells many of these same people that those 'others' , the supporters, both spiritually and monetarily ought to be responded too and maybe they were right to a degree.

It tells all involved that everyone is on notice and that everyone knows.

Yep..make it public, weve been roasted..... their turn !!

im sorry but i fail to see any reference to the richmond game in that post. maybe the top line was a general statement, but it isnt specifically about the richmond game. but that aside, the crux of my argument was that he should be judged on the richmond game, more than the others you listed, because of the external factors associated. if you disagree with that thats fine, difference of opinion.

He should be judged on the entire season thus far, and especially the Richmond game.

2-10 for a perceived finals aspirant (at the start of the year) is a disgrace and its time to announce the end for Daniher. You can say that the early losses were attributed to injuries and that its unfair to blame ND for those losses. However unfortunetly AFL footy is not fair - and his time is up.

Just announce it now, and the club can openly seek a new coach over the next 3 months - before trade time.

Just announce it now, and the club can openly seek a new coach over the next 3 months - before trade time.

This is paramount. The dynamics of trade and draft weeks will be very much chnaged one way or the othr depending on how we are set up at that point. If a coach is in the seat just 5 mins we may not get the best result as compared to someone knowing they wil ltake up the reigns and having applied some though tif not indeed some actual input..

gardiner should tell Danners this week that he will have a one year extension on his contract. He should be told to back up his claims with this group that they are a premiership team by finishing no less than in the top four next year or OUT!.

He should be told to completely rest all of the players carrying injuries, play all the kids to get them play time and finish this season in last so to enable some good quality picks in the draft.

Put up or shut up time Danners. Set yourself for glory next year not failure!! "Top 4 or be shown the door"

Get Out.

Daniher is over. Had too many chances and done nothing with them.

Anymore of the crap being served up and the club will suffer, I know my enthusiam for AFL is lacking these days.

Its easy to blame one person (ND) instead of blaming the team cos where would u start? I have seen worse than Friday night, what we need is stability going forward, we have a new training ground etc, things can only get better, ND cannot be judged on this year it has been out of his control, one more year now, things may start to calm down on the ground

Its easy to blame one person (ND) instead of blaming the team cos where would u start? I have seen worse than Friday night, what we need is stability going forward, we have a new training ground etc, things can only get better, ND cannot be judged on this year it has been out of his control, one more year now, things may start to calm down on the ground

Early when injuries effected the side, was out of ND control. However in recent weeks we got players back and had 2 wins in a row, instead of building on that, the team went crashing backwards, with generally the same team. Neitz wasnt there but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. ND is being judged over the Ten years and in that time we have had a history of losing games against sides that we shouldnt, like the Blues twice last year. So we havent improved, thus its time for a change.