• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Petterd sprays runner

Gorgoroth

as i got to the car half way through the last quater, petterd had just kicked a goal.

then JB on triple M said petterd got dragged and gave the runner a spray as he was getting dragged and then gave a long filthy look up to the coaches box.

im not sure how to feel about this, i know you shouldnt do it but........ i loved the fact that he was getting stuff all game time and was unhappy about coming off the ground and they way he was being treated. a sure sign that not all the players are happy with ND :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i got to the car half way through the last quater, petterd had just kicked a goal.

then JB on triple M said petterd got dragged and gave the runner a spray as he was getting dragged and then gave a long filthy look up to the coaches box.

im not sure how to feel about this, i know you shouldnt do it but........ i loved the fact that he was getting stuff all game time and was unhappy about coming off the ground and they way he was being treated. a sure sign that not all the players are happy with ND :)

if a 18yo kid is getting [censored]...whats brocky feeling

I guess it won't be long before another "senior player" comes out and states his eternal love for ND.

Maybe Petterd will be "disciplined" for his outburst and go and join such losers as Newton and Garland at Beach Road, whilst those who will never win us a flag get picked.

FCS I am so angry.

god id love for a player to come out and say " hey the coach is terrible"

never happen though.

wonder if we will lose players if he gets re appointed, he lost us jolly and symmonds

I'd love for them to not come out in the media this week and just say nothing.

We've heard enough. Enough excuses, enough pathetic support for our coach, enough of the 'no leadership, didn't come to play, my nana's dog got sick' [censored].

How about for one week, our players keep their mouth shut and just say nothing.

The only person who I would like to hear from his Brock. I'm sure he'll have a pretty honest assessment of his game tonight as stand-in captain. He really disappointed me, but then I am sure he is just as angry and upset as I am.

He'll bounce back and he'll lead this side successfully for many years to come, but I can't say the same for a lot of his teammates.

Ricky, Sylvia, Bate, Belly, Jonesy, Frawley... if we don't hold onto these kids, what hope have we got?

And if Ricky is wasted on the bench for the entire first quarter while Yze can't be bothered bending over and picking up a ball, than he should be filthy. He got dragged for what exactly? Going into contests courageously and kicking a goal?

We've heard enough. Enough excuses, enough pathetic support for our coach, enough of the 'no leadership, didn't come to play, my nana's dog got sick' [censored].

How about for one week, our players keep their mouth shut and just say nothing.

The only person who I would like to hear from his Brock. I'm sure he'll have a pretty honest assessment of his game tonight as stand-in captain. He really disappointed me, but then I am sure he is just as angry and upset as I am.

He'll bounce back and he'll lead this side successfully for many years to come, but I can't say the same for a lot of his teammates.

Ricky, Sylvia, Bate, Belly, Jonesy, Frawley... if we don't hold onto these kids, what hope have we got?

And if Ricky is wasted on the bench for the entire first quarter while Yze can't be bothered bending over and picking up a ball, than he should be filthy. He got dragged for what exactly? Going into contests courageously and kicking a goal?

I totally agree Jaded but why leave it at a week... they should shut it until at least the end of the season.

I have supported ND up till now, but that first half effort was very reminiscent of the Dee's against Port in Neil Balme's last year, that game cost him his coaching job. At least a team has to look like they are interested and trying. MFC did not do that, they were bloody weak. New coach needed

I have supported ND up till now, but that first half effort was very reminiscent of the Dee's against Port in Neil Balme's last year, that game cost him his coaching job. At least a team has to look like they are interested and trying. MFC did not do that, they were bloody weak. New coach needed

Wouldnt surprise me if he was sacked this week. I'm a fan of ND but that was pathetic.

Reminiscent of any of our efforts against a bottom side. We stood in the mirror while the toiges came to play. We will never farkin learn. Dead set same as playing Carlton. I'm very clear in my mind about who came to play for the MFC.

On the subject of Petterd...Did anyone see him take an unpaid spekky in the last with about 10 mis to go...in the goal square?

He won't be sacked. It's not the Board's style and nor should it be. However, I don't believe we'll hear people advocating that we should reappoint him at a time when our record stands at an abysmal 2/9 as has happened over the past fortnight.

Imagine if you will, reappointing him for another three years. We would almost certainly be having this discussion again at some time in 2010. No thanks!

Wouldnt surprise me if he was sacked this week. I'm a fan of ND but that was pathetic.

I dont see how sacking one coach who has done alot for the Club over 10 years (albeit not a flag) does anything bar making the Club a media circus and unstable place for a new respective coach.

I dont think MFC would reappoint ND for 2008 and I have thought that since Rd 3. I am sure of it now.

I do not see the benefit of a public blood letting. Rather I would prefer the MFC Board direct its energies toward the sensible recruitment of a new coach for 2008.

Another thing. Petterd was entitled to be [censored] off. He has been fantastic the last month and he doesnt get a run until half way thru the 2nd qtr. Stupid stupid coaching.

He was very good on debut but has struggled in the past few weeks. Mind you I would have played him instead of Yze from the first bounce.

I blame this completly on ND. Good on Pettard. The ordinary coach left him on the bench the whole 1st qtr and surely could have assisted in the backline. I always thought King was a perfect matchup for him. ND deserves to get bagged by pettard

I dont see how sacking one coach who has done alot for the Club over 10 years (albeit not a flag) does anything bar making the Club a media circus and unstable place for a new respective coach.

I dont think MFC would reappoint ND for 2008 and I have thought that since Rd 3. I am sure of it now.

I do not see the benefit of a public blood letting. Rather I would prefer the MFC Board direct its energies toward the sensible recruitment of a new coach for 2008.

Two more wins against credible opposition and the media will have us and ND dancing off into the sunset hand in hand again RR.

As angry as I am tonight I don't want a happy ending. It should be crystal clear to more than just us punters that change at the top is essential.

I realise I have edited your post shamelessly but I won't support ND after that pathetic performance. I like the fact that junior players dont want to come off as long as they do what they're told. I wan't us to be tough and disciplined.

I realise I have edited your post shamelessly but I won't support ND after that pathetic performance. I like the fact that junior players dont want to come off as long as they do what they're told. I wan't us to be tough and disciplined.

Hey, I agree completely.

Why the hell did they drag him when he was playing his guts out? He was just about the most couragous Melbourne player out there.

And where was he in the first half?

He has every right to be [censored] off. He isn't getting used, despite doing everything right when he is out there.

This is exactly why CJ is going nowhere. He gets no opportunity from the coaching staff, even when he does get a game, and it deflates him no doubt.

Luckily, Petterd strikes me as a much more spirited, tough guy who won't take it lying down.

Hey, I agree completely.

Why the hell did they drag him when he was playing his guts out? He was just about the most couragous Melbourne player out there.

And where was he in the first half?

He has every right to be [censored] off. He isn't getting used, despite doing everything right when he is out there.

This is exactly why CJ is going nowhere. He gets no opportunity from the coaching staff, even when he does get a game, and it deflates him no doubt.

Luckily, Petterd strikes me as a much more spirited, tough guy who won't take it lying down.

Yeh he will just asked to be traded like so many of our younger players have, I believe 2 have premiership medals now

Another thing. Petterd was entitled to be [censored] off.

When I first read this a few hours ago, I got fired up for Ricky.... but I'm not so sure now...

Firstly, let me make it clear that I think Petterd should be played more if he's playing well, which he was.

BUT... In the last couple of games his form had dropped off a touch. Perhaps the coaching panel had decided he was just slowing up because he was young and didn't have the bounce in his step he needed to be dangerous. Maybe they identified that the game was shot and he's one of our better guys, better to save him for later instead of run him into the ground now and be forced to drop him in 6 weeks.

In other words, there may have been perfectly legitimate reasons for his benching. Though I would have assumed this had been explained to him.

Now with all the chest thumping going on here about a young kid having a fiery attitude, I'm going to offer a different point of view.

I think his antics will endear him to fans, and we see that at least he has fire in his belly. But if you look at the bigger picture, his actions show:

- a clear sign that we have no on-field leadership.

- our discipline is failing.

- a player that has been there only a few months has no faith in ND.

- to opposition clubs that the wheels are falling off. I'd be thrilled if I saw that and knew my team was playing the dees next week.

I think in terms of Ricky, he may have gained some ground in terms of reputation, but as a club that event was a loss of sorts. We're getting pantsed, we know, but if this is allowed to perpetuate, we will embarrass ourselves as a club.

I don't know what to think. My head says it was silly, counter-productive and unprofessional. My heart says this club is run worse than Telstra and CBA combined, and that if a player has passion, THAT'S something that should be encouraged.

I have an awful feeling than genuine guns, with big futures, who play with heart, like Ricky, Brock, Bate and Jones are going to be ruined by this club. Maybe if we do the smart, passionless thing and reprimand him for his outburst, he will believe that he has to eliminate passion from his game. Where does that leave us? With another heartless front-runner.

I sometimes wonder, our young guys work very hard, is it the generation above them that are weak? Or was it the generation before THEM that made them weak? Or is it the simple fact that even gutsy players come to MFC and because of the club's culture and attitude, they are changed from hard-at-it players into soft "thinkers."

I don't know what to think any more.

Since this season is effectively over, is there value in the board making an assessment on the coach's future now? I know that they've said that they'll wait until the end of the year, but since the coach selection process is normally fairly arduous and time consuming would they be better to get the ball rolling now? Maybe get the new coach in before the end of the year to give the players some time to acclimatise under match conditions where winning and losing aren't overly critical?

I'm not suggesting that the club come out and sack him tomorrow, just let him know that he'll be coaching till they find a replacement and that's it.

Only difficulty might be that most potential replacements are currently engaged at other clubs and their employers wouldn't be too happy with them interviewing while their team is still going.

Since this season is effectively over, is there value in the board making an assessment on the coach's future now? I know that they've said that they'll wait until the end of the year, but since the coach selection process is normally fairly arduous and time consuming would they be better to get the ball rolling now? Maybe get the new coach in before the end of the year to give the players some time to acclimatise under match conditions where winning and losing aren't overly critical?

I'm not suggesting that the club come out and sack him tomorrow, just let him know that he'll be coaching till they find a replacement and that's it.

Only difficulty might be that most potential replacements are currently engaged at other clubs and their employers wouldn't be too happy with them interviewing while their team is still going.

I think some sort of communication needs to be made respectively. I am against sackings at all points. It does nothing for the CLub but fuel the bloodlust of some bitter supporters.

I dont think your last sentence is an issue as this happens all the time.

Dappa that is how i felt, but now i think he did the right thing, he was playing well, it wasnt as if he wasn't getting a kick out there.

Yes his form had dropped a little, but it was still better than somes form and it wasn't like we were going great out there in the first 1/4.

Should not sack ND, we have no better assistants that could take over.

the board would be looking at a new coach already, im sure they would already have a pile of names of who they think could help the club move forward, ND's name would be one and then they would start from there.

When I first read this a few hours ago, I got fired up for Ricky.... but I'm not so sure now...

I see your point, but they should not have taken him off in the last.

He was our most productive forward at that late stage, and he was still running around giving his all. Taking him off was stupid and he had every right to be [censored] off.

If they punish him for that, or they drop him for next week, I swear to god I will personally kill someone. At least he showed some passion, while everyone else dropped their heads.

I agree that guys like Brock, Jones, Ricky etc... will either walk away or lose their soul to this club if something drastic doesn't happen.

There is just so much to be upset, hurt and angry about right now, but Ricky's passion is not one of those things. I'm happy that he's unhappy, it shows he is a true competitor and that he cares. I'll take whatever little positive I can from last night, like the fact that despite his performance, Brock did the truly humble, focused thing and didn't celebrate his late goal. Like the fact that Ricky threw himself at every contest even late in the match. Hell, if we don't look at these kids and at least see the future in them, we might as well shut up shop and move to the Gold Coast with the Roos.