Brad Miller boots 6 for Sandringham!

melbournefc

Brad Miller kicked 6 goals for Sandringham today.

Will he be selected to play against Richmond in 2 weeks' time?

Coburg Tigers 4.3 6.3 9.5 12.6 (78)

Sandringham 5.1 9.8 12.10 15.17 (107)

GOALS:

Coburg Tigers: Schulz 3 Brown 2 Krakouer 2 Riewoldt 2 Caruso Caruso Moore

Sandringham: Miller 6 Gallagher 3 Newton 2 Poyas Summers Garland Dunn

BEST:

Coburg Tigers: Horne Shelton Silvester Krakouer Hartigan Caruso

Sandringham: Gallagher Miller Brown Warnock Dunn Buckley

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Coburg Tigers: NIL

Sandringham: NIL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Miller kicked 6 goals for Sandringham today.

Will he be selected to play against Richmond in 2 weeks' time?

Yes, he is a good player. He must develop.

I want him to play. Bate is going good but I'd prefer him in the midfield and rotating forward if we have trouble scoring or trouble with Miller.

Good effort by Millsy to put his hand up for selection, but in my personal opinion, i think it SHOULD take more than one good game at Sandy for him to force himself back into the side.

Would like to see him dominate at the lower lever for a few weeks, on a consistent basis to really show he is capable and worthy of a spot in our 22 at AFL level.

And i think we have the balance right at the moment with Bate and Sylvia playing as mobile targets. Probably not a good idea to mess with the balance of a side that are playing pretty good footy at the moment.

Having said all that, it would not surprise me at all if ND brings him back (wouldn't Newt's be spewin!?).

If not, all we can really ask of Brad is to keep doing what he did today.

bate is playing out of his mind at CHF

Miller played a good game at Sandy

Big deal

He must never wear rthe Red and Blue again.

Miller really was outstanding today....he gave Jay Schultz a real bath...Schultz ended up in the forward line and kicked 3 in the last 1/4 when it was all over....at one stage he had around 12-13 marks...and a lot of those were contested marks

Two other Melbourne players stood out today...Simon Buckley played his best game for Sandy imho

Jace Bode had a great dayand took Alistair Neville to the cleaners

Newton took his usual spectacular mark and then followed it up with an excellent banana kick for a goal.....other than that his output was pretty limited....

Nathan Brown (Melbourne) was prominent all day...his namesake for Coburg was ordinary to say the least...mind you the press will build up his game as being one of Coburg's best players and on that alone he will get a recall to Richmond.

Lynden Dunn played very well....really put in

Colin Garland was played sparingly off the bench and didn't have that much impact on the game

Chris Johnson started like a house on fire...faded a bit was played a very good game

Shane Neaves as usual did most of rhe ruck duties

Byron Pickett played a serviceable game...nothing outstanding

Matty Warnock played well....was very solid in defence

Matty Whelan had a similar game to Pickett...ok but nothing outstanding

I reckon the 2 oustanding Melbourne listed players (other than Brad Miller) were 2 that you wouldn't normally associate among the best...Buckley and Bode....

I would keep Newton on ice for a while...until such time that he really takes a game apart (and he has the ability to do so) then Sandy will be where he plays...I'd love to see him get a game at Melbourne but he needs to far more consistent...not just the occasional flash in the pan...but he's getting more possesion than Sautner who had a forgettable day...

I'd hope that Byron takes a leaf out of Andrew Krakouer's book....he really dominated for Coburg...Byron should be doing the same at Sandy

All in all an excellent win at Coburg...and with Melbourne getting up it made it for a very pleasant trip home

GO ZEBRAS

GO DEMONS

So then, if Neitz needs a rest is Miller perhaps the replacement?

I'd try him close to goal, but honestly Bate and Sylvia are sharing a CHF/HFF role so well that I don't think Miller will be a regular at CHF again.

It's close to goal or bust for Miller, especially with competition for spots in defence so tight as well.

Retrain his brain at Sandy, get him kicking goals, then he might get a run at AFL.

And to pre-empt Yze_Magic -

"If Miller gets a f$^ing game anywhere then we might as well throw it in. He's just not up to it, to one-dimensional, lacks initiative and makes bad decisions. 'Retrain his brain?' He'd need a whole new central nervous system before he should be allowed back onto the MCG"

But seriously, Miller really does need to change something dramtically if he's going to get back in as anything but a depth player.

Either that or the big 'mid-age' step up like Carroll did last year.

Where's the praise?

You're all quick enough to bag him, if it was Newton, there would be 10 threads about it :lol:

On ya Millsy!!!

Yeh, well done but this was against the Richmond reserves and as others have intimated I don't see why anyone should give way at this time unless he is banging down the door.

You can only beat the opponent standing next to you.

Well done to Miller, if he wants to get back though it will take a few good matches at sandy, if neitz doesnt pull up and he comes in for him, bate would go to FF with Miller CHF.

Yeh, well done but this was against the Richmond reserves and as others have intimated I don't see why anyone should give way at this time unless he is banging down the door.

NO..it was Sandringham against Coburg..NOT Richmond reserves....

There is a difference

Brad Miller kicked 6 goals for Sandringham today....will Neale Daniher include him for our Richmond game in 2 weeks?

Coburg Tigers 4.3 6.3 9.5 12.6 (78)

Sandringham 5.1 9.8 12.10 15.17 (107)

GOALS:

Coburg Tigers: Schulz 3 Brown 2 Krakouer 2 Riewoldt 2 Caruso Caruso Moore

Sandringham: Miller 6 Gallagher 3 Newton 2 Poyas Summers Garland Dunn

BEST:

Coburg Tigers: Horne Shelton Silvester Krakouer Hartigan Caruso

Sandringham: Gallagher Miller Brown Warnock Dunn Buckley

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Coburg Tigers: NIL

Sandringham: NIL

NO.

bate is playing out of his mind at CHF

Miller played a good game at Sandy

Big deal

He must never wear rthe Red and Blue again.

Sad but true YM.

What I saw at the 'G' today was 22 smart footballers - excusing Davey's occasional lapses.

Miller is now depth at best.

Of course Miller should be considered for selection against the Tigers. Now I didn't see any of the Sandringham game today because I was at the G, but what I want to see is Miller getting into scoring position for Melbourne so that he is able to snag a lazy 6, he never gets in postion, it's all fine and dandy to lead out of the fifty and bring the ball in, but we need a CHF who will kick the goals and make a stand when it needs to be done, and if Miller wants to do this, then kick the goals big fella.

BT

The thing with Miller is I just don't see what value he offers us. I like mobile, flexible players. The modern game requires good decision-making and execution. Turnovers are critical. Miller just does not have natural footy smarts and in his time at the club has not developed his kicking to a sufficient AFL standard.

I don't see what he offers us on top of Bate and Sylvia. He only takes marks on the lead, which Bate and Sylvia can both do. They are better kicks and smarter footballers. If Miller could pull down pack marks and kick multiple goals, he would offer something. But what he gives is adequately compensated by Bate and Sylvia, plus they provide added flexibility in their ability to pinch hit through the midfield if needed.

I don't think Miller should get back into the side unless he can develop different strings to his bow. He needs to be able to take contested marks, kick goals and use the ball better. If he can't develop these attributes, then there isn't much point playing him IMO.

The thing with Miller is I just don't see what value he offers us. I like mobile, flexible players. The modern game requires good decision-making and execution. Turnovers are critical. Miller just does not have natural footy smarts and in his time at the club has not developed his kicking to a sufficient AFL standard.

I don't see what he offers us on top of Bate and Sylvia. He only takes marks on the lead, which Bate and Sylvia can both do. They are better kicks and smarter footballers. If Miller could pull down pack marks and kick multiple goals, he would offer something. But what he gives is adequately compensated by Bate and Sylvia, plus they provide added flexibility in their ability to pinch hit through the midfield if needed.

I don't think Miller should get back into the side unless he can develop different strings to his bow. He needs to be able to take contested marks, kick goals and use the ball better. If he can't develop these attributes, then there isn't much point playing him IMO.

because miller is not flexible there is 2 ways he will become a successful afl footballer

1) he improves his decision making at CHF and learns how to kick more goals

2) he learns how to play against the guerillas to replace holland as holland is over 30

if he cannot excell in either of these positions bby years end he will be traded or delisted

Miller took some fantastic marks. Should have kicked 8 or 9, but he missed a few easyish ones.

Newton - did some ripper things before fading after half time.

Really happy with Brown down back

Whelan still has his judgment, which is sensational

Number 16, whoever he was, was very very good down back

Neaves was more impressive than I expected.

Pickett, for mine, disappointed a bit. Seemed to lack a bit of passion today which was disappointing. Did a few decent things.

In the reserves I like the endeavor of Daniel Hayes. His disposal lacks a bit, but he tried hard and ran all day.

Weetra had some good efforts before half time but died out, still good to see.

Glad Miller had a good game and will have gained some confidence. Still don't see how he will fit back into the current team, as Bate and Sylvia have been switching between CHF and doing a really good job, both amongst the best and both influencing games.

6 goals fro Miller is as much as he usually kicks in an entire season at AFL level, so don't read too much into that. Newton has kicked bags of 5-6 consistently for weeks at Sandy now, and he hasn't even played at AFL level.