Open Letter to the MFC

9 hours ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Can someone find out if Ricky Dunn exists?

Sound like the reporter who wrote this letter has watched Talledega Nights recently and attached Dunn as the surname instead of Bobby.

Will Ferrell Boast GIF

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

All isn't well.

Either the media has for some reason invented an agenda or some of the reports are true.

Every week it's a a new report of discontent from someone.

Gus and Anb were out of our control but the whole Tracca and now Oliver rumours are dominant.

We've heard reports about JV and JP too .

It hardly sounds like a destination club. 

I also think we need to address why we have ignored our fwd line issues for three years. Plus the people responsible for collecting other clubs hand me downs that haven't really added anything.

Perhaps it might be the time for a new coach. Goody deserves credit but his exclusion of Grundy and selecting of Laurie were big mistakes for me in a finals series we should have won.

2023 was ripe for us but those decisions didn't help.

Anyway maybe a review wouldn't hurt but I hope all the noise in the press is unfounded.

FFS Goody GOT us to that finals series!!!!

• Like 2

And honestly, when the media is publishing a letter from a disgruntled supporter who is threatening to not renew their membership????? How many of these letters does any club get per day! This is the most pathetic bit of media ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KozzyCan said:

I'm sure if you dig a lttle you'll find some. For instance, Footy Classified interviewed a random Pies member who was pushing for a board spill in 2021.

The news in that being they desired board spill and the fact that there was one brewing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

I gave him his dues. 

I just put it out there that some a new coach might help clean the I'll will that seems to have amassed recently.

It's not a vote against him per se but rather a new start.

I don’t care how the letter comes across, the club is a basket base at the minute.

People might think it’s a whiney so and so threatening to not renew their membership. Sure, but someone is prepared to stick their neck out in public and hold the club accountable. Why throw stones at them for doing something that most of us aren’t prepared to do or cbf?

We get rid of the president, we start a review, we try to get an ex player on the board and it falls through, we fill a casual vacancy again in interesting circumstances after being dragged through the courts about that and other things. Then on top of all that we reportedly get the CEO undermining the FD and coach by shopping one of our best players around. They control the narrative about as well as they can control a billy cart down a hill. 

Membership prices are going up again, cost of living is high, it’s a wrench giving money to this football club right now when they can’t govern or manage our club out of a paper bag. People get unhappy when this happens and when they lose faith they want to be heard. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t give him a free pass, particularly when we exited in straight sets two years on the trot; if he can take credit for our reaching finals, then surely he can equally take the blame for our rapid exits and subsequent rapid fall down the ladder?

I’m not calling for his head, but I think a little perspective is in order, and at the moment, Goodwin IS treading on thin ice.

Pert however, if it’s true that he’s been undermining the Football Department by shopping Clarry about, and as a result of that, putting us back in the crosshairs of the media pundits, just as things were somewhat settling down, then surely he must not be allowed any place in a review of the club.

In fact, if someone must go, I’m not sold on it being Goodwin, but I wouldn’t be unhappy to see Pert shown the door.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

Dear MFC,

As in the past there is a small group of so called supporters who use various forums to express their displeasure with many aspects of the Club.

It doesn't matter what you do, only another premiership will placate them, well at least for a while.

Some have no experience whatsoever in running any department in an AFL level footy club but think that they know better, not that they volunteer their time to actually do anything about it.

Will be interested to see what transpires over the Trade and Draft period, no matter what happens, nobody will die and we will have a list ready to go for the 2025 season and whatever that may bring.

It is just unfortunate that the media, for want of a better word, need to continually attract click bait to justify their existence, Is there a problem at 9 that made Kane Cornes move to 7, probably not, probably more money will do it or more opportunity, strange footy players are not allowed the opportunity to do the same without everything being questioned.

Anyway looking forward to the B & F tomorrow night, sad that I had to stop the volunteering due to work commitments but will still be a player sponsor, (including the bit of Bayley Fritsch I share with others), will renew my membership and my partners and get on with the rest of my life, coz I have one.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

16 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Nothing like people who overrate their own self importance in a running of a club, threatening to not stay a member,  if they cannot have their way, it's very simple **** *** follow someone else for this to be out in a public forum is pretty pathetic from them.

I understand there is a lot of emotion in it all and these outpourings are just a release for those emotions but nothing quite says ‘nuffy’ like threatening  to cancel your membership. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

but will still be a player sponsor, (including the bit of Bayley Fritsch I share with others), will renew my membership and my partners

Nice work Saty.

Others could certainly take a leaf here.

Cheers.

Ps if you ever get to his ear, perhaps a quiet whisper to chase a little more ( just saying). Other than that, also a kind word to him about his elite kicking from the boundary line. He is pure class. And when on like are other elite skills contenders in KP, are a joy to watch. I look forward to next season to see them both firing in a grand final. Backed up by a Andre the Giant type full forward with five or six years experience under his belt. Well why I'm spending, another at ChF although I'm not sure where Jvr slots in. Oh yea and a couple of star players to replace the huge losses in Gus and Nibbler.I'm not greedy. It would be handy if one of those giants could give Max a chop out while we develop our final recruit in a Ruckman. We have a wonderful track record in this last department so perhaps he should be out primary list replacement. 

Bring it on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Just when i think it cant get any worse, we manage to just keep digging ourselves further down.

In what way? Like most of Richmond's top 5 in the B & F want out, Dan Houston wants out of Port, Bailey Smith wants out of the Bulldogs?

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

including the bit of Bayley Fritsch I share with others

Um, can you tell me what part of Fritta you actually sponsor?

(asking for a friend)

• Haha 1

The only thing wrong with this club is that with every regular, to be expected, normal everyday up and down it panics and the place falls apart. The wider public has picked up on that over the years, obviously, and expects it to panic, and so that is the narrative.

So what is the solution? Stop panicking. Stop falling apart. Stick phat. A board member was replaced - that's not a disaster. A player is unhappy - that's not a disaster.

We don't need some in-depth review. We just need to accept that winning is hard and that the club would be better off if we pulled together rather than apart.

Wake up, FFS...  Break the pattern. Don't panic. Nothing is wrong.

Edited by Grr-owl
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

Geez, the actual playing season was a tough gig at times, the ‘off season’ seems even tougher.

Not much fun and joy logging into Demonland of late.  I’m going to make a big effort to not having a look again at what’s happening till say February next year.  

At the moment it almost seems like shades of what happened when we won our last flag in 1964. I hope history doesn’t repeat. If it does,  I’ll be dead before our next one.

Membership is on auto review. I’ll remain a demon supporter until the day I die. I just want to enjoy summer.

Merry Xmas everyone! Over and out. Go Dee’s

• Love 1
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

At the moment it almost seems like shades of what happened when we won our last flag in 1964. I hope history doesn’t repeat. If it does,  I’ll be dead before our next one.

At least they didn’t have the internet back then. Can you imagine?

• Like 2

pert has to be a dead man walking

regardless of whether all the complaints about him are real or not, he is the one steering the ship and where the buck stops.

can't remember when we have previously mishandled so many issues and become the laughing stock of the media and general football public.

he needs to fall on his sword before he gets pushed

what a disaster

• Like 7
  • Clap 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

regardless of whether all the complaints about him are real or not, he is the one steering the ship and where the buck stops.

can't remember when we have previously mishandled so many issues and become the laughing stock of the media and general football public.

what a disaster

Spot on...  completely pertinent.....

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

what a disaster

Laughing stock....and you actually care about that...says more about you and others than Pert....FFS it's footy....I am more concerned about the Middle East exploding and the whole world being dragged in....then there will be no footy

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

You must have a very short memory, then

On 03/10/2024 at 14:59, Satyriconhome said:

In what way? Like most of Richmond's top 5 in the B & F want out, Dan Houston wants out of Port, Bailey Smith wants out of the Bulldogs?

Keep your head in the sand all you want Saty, but those who refuse to believe how bad it has become at the club are clearly incapable of accepting reality.

We are in the worst position that we have been for the past 8 years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 02/10/2024 at 18:27, Demonland said:

A Melbourne Football Club member has written an open letter to newly appointed club president Brad Green demanding an “unbiased and transparent review” of the club in a bid to restore faith among disillusioned supporters.

Demons supporter Ricky Dunn expressed his deep disappointment with the club’s current direction, saying he would not renew his membership for the upcoming season.

“The current situation has left me and many fellow supporters feeling more disenchanted than ever. The lack of transparency and handling of recent issues have eroded our trust in the club’s leadership,” Dunn wrote to Green.

“My sole condition for renewing my membership is that the club’s review be conducted entirely independently of CEO Gary Pert and any members of the administration who have overseen operations in the past couple of years. An unbiased and transparent review is essential to restore faith among the supporters.”

The Demons’ 2024 season has been plagued with off-field drama, including last month, when president Kate Roffey abruptly quit her role and the board.

Roffey’s departure came amid the ongoing saga regarding star player Christian Petracca, who raised concerns about the club during his end-of-year review process. He was frustrated at the club after he believed club figures did not check in with him enough after he suffered life-threatening injuries during the King’s Birthday clash with Collingwood, which ruled him out for the remainder of the season.

Despite the club continuing to make headlines over its handling of Petracca, days before her departure Roffey revealed in an interview with SEN that she had not spoken to the star midfielder about his disgruntlement with the Demons, prompting widespread criticism. 

Former Melbourne president Kate Roffey, pictured with chief executive Gary Pert, came under fire for her interview with Gerard Whateley on SEN.AFL Photos 

In the wake of Roffey’s exit, Green, a board member and former player, was appointed as president and announced he would lead a review into the board.

On September 10 the club announced a second review, focussing on the operations and overarching environment of the AFL program, to be conducted by Green, Pert and former All Blacks manager Darren Shand.

“Darren is already familiar with our program, having spent time in the club earlier this year observing all elements of the men’s football program,” the club said in the announcement.

Dunn has raised concerns about the integrity of the reviews, arguing it is inappropriate for board members and club officials involved in past decisions to oversee their own evaluation.

“If they choose to be more transparent and Green and Pert remove themselves from this review, I’ll sign up again in a heartbeat. I still want the absolute best for the club. I love it,” he told this masthead.

“I just don’t really understand how you can have a review of what’s taken place when the person that’s been responsible for many of those decisions is a part of that review.”

The Demons are also dealing with speculation surrounding the future of four-time best-and-fairest winner Clayton Oliver, who met with Geelong on Tuesday.

Dunn said it was time for the club to face the music and address the internal issues appropriately.

“For me, and I think for nearly all fans, it’s just about transparency. I hold no ill feelings towards Brad Green for the decision he’s made. I assume that he’s acting in what he sees as the best interest of the club. But like absolutely any review out there, if it’s not independent, what’s the point in it?,” Dunn said.

“All I want is to feel that the money and the time I invest in the club is somewhat appreciated, recognised, and that they’re accountable for it, and I don’t feel at the moment they are accountable for it.”

The Melbourne Football Club has been contacted for comment.

Feel free to write your own open letters here  

Not sure if it's been advised anywhere on Demonland but the same bloke has started a petition.  

https://www.change.org/p/make-the-melbourne-football-club-review-independent-of-current-club-administrators

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

A bit of perspective.  

1) what part of the reporting has the media actually got right?  Clarry last year?  Nup.  Petty last year? Nup.  Kozzy last year?  Nup.  Trac? Nup. Viney?  Kozzy? Nup.  Clarry?  Nup.  

Meanwhile the club has either re-signed or extended the contracts of Gawny, Viney, Howes, Turner, Tholstrup, Windsor, McVee, Langdon, Petty, McDonald, Melksham, Bowey, Seston, Verrall, Moniz-Wakefield and Brown this year alone.  17 players.  And only one officially requesting a trade, one who does love the club, and is going home for family necessity.  A club with genuine culture problems would not be able to do that.  And these players were so happy on Friday at the B&F.

2)  Barrett made himself look like a dill when yesterday he claimed the Oliver trade is still open.  Even though it's been shut down by Melbourne and Geelong.  What does that tell you?  

As Clarry said in the podcast last week, the media are full of [censored].

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1