No Miller, instant win!

snarler

sorry guys, but i cant stand him, we were great across the half forward line without him and his turnovers. admit it, he gives it up too much, we were loose all day across there and it was great.

I think we still needed Dunn in there - I like Bate and Dunn as dual CHF's, both of which can push up into the middle and become extra midfielders.

If they play that way it also makes space for Neitz and Robbo, and gives us a million options coming forward on the break.

i think Bate played Millers exact role today...

the only difference if that Bate is better mark, certainly a better decision maker, and a much better kick...and to top it off he knows how to kick a goal...

basically a better version of miller.

dunn and bate dual CHF with one playing more like a wingman would be great

I think we still needed Dunn in there - I like Bate and Dunn as dual CHF's, both of which can push up into the middle and become extra midfielders.

just wondering, who would you drop for dunn, who kicked 4 at sandy this week...

i pull my hair out when miller has taken a good mark,and 95% of the time he handballs it to a running player. cant he kick or something? its not a miller bashing arguement im trying to discuss here, we had a better forward structure without him and we will beat collingwood without him too. he just does not create enough for a forward focal point imo. bate was sensationaltoday,as was silvia's one percenters, bloody brilliant.

just wondering, who would you drop for dunn, who kicked 4 at sandy this week...

Its a tough bloody call isn't it deano, Sylvia was pretty much playing the role I want Dunn to play toward, but I'd ultimately look to losing a halfback to put Dunn in, with the hope that Sylvia can work through the midfield more in spurts. Between the three of Bate Dunn and Sylvia the rotation with two at half forward and one on the ground doesn't sound like a bad option.

I guess one of the Ward/Brown/Frawley/Bizzell mix would have to go depending on matchups, but you couldn't fault how those four played today.

See how Davey's knee comes up, as that's an obvious switch if absolutely neccessary.

well if we beat the pies monday week without miller then its not a coincidence. go dees! i knew we would win today, our body language was to die for. i can feel brock mclean developing each week back into the legend that he is, it did look good having him lead us out too! future premonition!

id rather have him in our side..... he could well develop into a VERY GOOD PLAYER.... our season is far from going anywhere good.. miller is still fairly young .... lets play him.... see if he can develop if he cant..... maybe then i would consider a trade.....

Dunn and miller playing together up the ground

Robbo and neitz in the square....

sylvia bate yze davey are all versatile ... and can play wing centre or forwards....

just my opinion tho

i think Bate played Millers exact role today...

the only difference if that Bate is better mark, certainly a better decision maker, and a much better kick...and to top it off he knows how to kick a goal...

basically a better version of miller.

dunn and bate dual CHF with one playing more like a wingman would be great

Totally Agree, I think Miller will be the one who could be in danger of getting traded. Bate looks good across CHF, He has the ability to kick goals outside Fifty which is invaluable.

i pull my hair out when miller has taken a good mark,and 95% of the time he handballs it to a running player. cant he kick or something? its not a miller bashing arguement im trying to discuss here, we had a better forward structure without him and we will beat collingwood without him too. he just does not create enough for a forward focal point imo. bate was sensationaltoday,as was silvia's one percenters, bloody brilliant.

No, he can't kick. When he arrived on the scene he had mongrel and could kick (not the best going around, but could go further than 20mt). THe MFC has battered his mongrel out of him and I reckon he's getting direction from someone that his best option is to handball.

For someone touted as potential captain, he's fallen a bloody long way.

Bate was sensational, however the delivery was better today.

Miller has played well this year when the side hasn't been performing well. It is just a coincidence that we won when he was out of the team.

Yep, this thread is exactly what I expected from people around here, unfortunately.......

It was unbelievably sad when Miller was being held single handedly responsible for all those losses (even the ones we probably should have won) when he was one of the few who was working their ass off in a losing side at the beginning of the year, and now this.

So if we had snuck over the line last week what would have been peoples response then? We won in spite of him? Never mind I know that answer.

Bate was very good, but performed the same role, just a little better, right down to some of the hand balling manoeuvre's everyone here [censored] Miller out about.

I thought that Sylvia was also great but the win is nothing more than a coincidence, especially after the last few weeks of very close losses.

Whether he is the answer at CHF is definitely a question for the club, but seriously for once in your lives, just for once leave him alone.

If and when he plays again then judge him then, don't beat him up for not being there.

The 'Moose' McGuire 'reckons millsy should play @ half back.

The 'Moose' McGuire 'reckons millsy should play @ half back.

So do a hell of a lot of other, fairly well informed folk around here.....

Strikes me as either a flanker or a winger, just given a key position post because of his size. Would be a much better player there IMO as he seems to have great endurance, a bit of pace and good hands. Poor decision maker but that should be able to be overcome if you just give him simple instructions and not pretend he is a playmaker like Trav.

This thread is a pretty harsh call.

This thread is a pretty harsh call.

I obviously agree with that, well said Kit ;) !!!