Christian Petracca

1 minute ago, Supreme_Demon said:

They can't hate Petracca that much if they're all drinking at the pub together!

I'm a bit old school...but a lot of problems can be resolved over a few beers with mates (but it can also start problems too).

Pity Tracc rarely drinks.

155 pages and it still hasnt been resolved whether:

a. Tracc is a superstar of the game and the Melbourne Football Club and just has some issues with the Club or 

b. Tracc was Tom Scully all along but at least he stayed until after the Premiership and didnt lie to Jim.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Supreme_Demon said:

They can't hate Petracca that much if they're all drinking at the pub together!

I'm a bit old school...but a lot of problems can be resolved over a few beers with mates (but it can also start problems too).

This is great. Reckon the whole thing is a [censored] take and the media and many on here have fallen for it. Trac is a Demon for life and he's said nothing to the contrary. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

This is great. Reckon the whole thing is a [censored] take and the media and many on here have fallen for it. Trac is a Demon for life and he's said nothing to the contrary. 

Shirley you can't be serious

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Apologies if this has been noted (I skip pages…) but it would seem unlikely that Trac at 29 and coming off a serious injury would get a deal at another club that comes close to his current deal.

As such I’m treating this as part petulance, part media beat up and trust that saner minds will prevail, and Trac will be there for Round 1 2025. 

Go Demons! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deelectable said:

100% serious!

… and don’t call me “ Shirley”. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tracca said:

17 minutes ago, loges said:

I typically prefer to address issues privately, but this situation requires a public response. Both of you have repeatedly shared information or implied details that I have explicitly asked to remain confidential.

Let me be clear: If this happens again, it will result in a permanent ban from this platform.

This is not a warning to be taken lightly. While you may feel that your actions are protected by the anonymity of the internet, I do not have that same luxury. The rules I've established are in place for a reason—to ensure we can continue to have meaningful and important discussions about our club. By disregarding these guidelines, you are not only putting me at risk but also jeopardizing the integrity of our community.

I do not wish to resort to banning anyone, but I will not hesitate to do so if it means protecting myself and this forum from potential legal consequences. Your need to prove a point does not outweigh the responsibility I have to ensure that this space remains safe and compliant with all relevant regulations.

Furthermore, if necessary, I will have no hesitation in providing your IP addresses to the appropriate authorities if requested.

Consider this your final notice. I value the contributions each of you brings to our discussions, but I will not tolerate any further violations.

I will reiterate ...

It’s important to recognise that not everyone is a public figure, and publicly naming or blaming such individuals in situations where there is no clear or concrete evidence of their responsibility is both unfair and irresponsible. Such actions can cause unwarranted harm and can contribute to spreading misinformation.

It’s crucial to be aware that the responses and discussions this could potentially generates could lead to a harmful pile-on effect. This kind of collective criticism, especially when directed at private individuals, can be deeply problematic and potentially damaging both to the person in question and to this community.

Due to the sensitive and private nature of certain issues surrounding the club, we have implemented moderation protocols that require specific words or phrases to undergo approval before being published. This measure is essential to protect the individuals involved, those who post comments, and the integrity of this website. Please be aware that if your posts contain any of these moderated terms, they may either be subject to review or not published at all, regardless of the rest of the content within the post.

Unfortunately, the site’s software does not notify users of the specific word or phrase that triggered the moderation, which I understand can be confusing. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. However, these steps are taken to ensure a safe and responsible environment that protects our community and its users. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping us maintain a respectful and secure space for everyone including the people that are being written about.

If you attempt to get around the auto moderation. You will be banned.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

A point on branding. it's not 1965.   We know exactly how this works.  This circus is generating clicks, views, conversations. If you don't think your phone is listening to your conversations and then filtering your social media feeds and ads you're living in 2004 (beyond clicks and views).  

He hasn't been charged with a crime, he will not be cancelled, this is generating more noise and expanding the footprint if anything.  I'd imagine there's an idea to take things globally, if he's a national trending topic it sets off 'alarms' from a whole new base.  I daresay this site probably had a record day and the ad sponsors would be pleased. 

Edited by Jjrogan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

McRae has essentially just ruled Collingwood out of the race on SEN.

They simply don't have the draft capital.

It's funny you should note that.

The inference has been that other clubs would fall over themselves to get tracc. That's its a given

But i wonder if tracc has actually been given any indication the pies or blues are actually keen.

Leaving aside no draft capital, and salary cap pressures, the pies have a raft of plus 30s on their list - list wise, do they really want a player, one who would be their highest paid, who turns 29 next January.

The blues have a better balanced list but he will be coming back from a serious injury, one he has openly said he struggled to deal with psychologically.

Hell, he couldn't even pass a medical atm

Not out a sense of schadenfreude, I genuinely wonder how tracc would feel and/or cope if neither the blues are keen.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Apologies if this has been noted (I skip pages…) but it would seem unlikely that Trac at 29 and coming off a serious injury would get a deal at another club that comes close to his current deal.

As such I’m treating this as part petulance, part media beat up and trust that saner minds will prevail, and Trac will be there for Round 1 2025. 

Go Demons! 

Snap.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Perceived or reality the damage all these "sagas" have had on the club from financial to personal is just soul crushing at times.

Anyway, sorry to bring the mood down.

I’m surprisingly philosophical about it all. I’ve always been a Melbourne supporter, and whether I like it or not that’s never going to change. So I follow along all the drama, but in the end I know I’m here for life, and there’s nothing that will change that.

Besides, what else am I going to do with my weekends? Spend time with my family?
No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, binman said:

It's funny you should note that.

The inference has been that other clubs would fall over themselves to get tracc. That's its a given

But i wonder if tracc has actually been given any indication the pies or blues are actually keen.

Leaving aside no draft capital, and salary cap pressures, the pies have a raft of plus 30s on their list - list wise, do they really want a player, one who would be their highest paid, who turns 29 next January.

The blues have a better balanced list but he will be coming back from a serious injury, one he has openly said he struggled to deal with psychologically.

Hell, he couldn't even pass a medical atm

Not out a sense of schadenfreude, I genuinely wonder how tracc would feel and/or cope if neither the blues are keen.

“Say what now?”

IMG_2679.jpeg

• Haha 3

@Demonland 7 players gone from this team, with Petracca *potentially* gone in the coming months and McDonald (& Melksham) gone at the end of 2025. 3 retirees (Brown, Hibberd, Brayshaw), 4 trades (Harmes, Jordan, ANB, Jackson). Question marks for me remain over Sparrow & Petty (potential trades back to S.A. in the coming years?). May & Gawn to retire in the next few years.. So much for a productive window. With not much left at Casey, I reckon we go to the Draft and try to get as many high picks as possible!

image.thumb.png.f40d40ba39aeb7d5a04f9c326c3cea16.png

Edited by Constant Mongrel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, binman said:

Someone mentioned the Lions. Who knows if true, but he seems to like Qld and has a relationship with Neale. Then again, hard to see that Brisbane need him, especially with another Ashcroft coming through. But, a short hop step away is GCS. If he's that keen/desperate to get out and he and those around him like the sun/beach lifestyle...?

No Harry McKay, but they do have 6 + 13.

Hard to see any other realistic possibility, if he wants to go he's going to have to give up on something.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I’m surprisingly philosophical about it all. I’ve always been a Melbourne supporter, and whether I like it or not that’s never going to change. So I follow along all the drama, but in the end I know I’m here for life, and there’s nothing that will change that.

Besides, what else am I going to do with my weekends? Spend time with my family?
No thanks.

Someone posted this earlier in the thread about Trac but it equally applies to all of us.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEEaNP5BUUauHOdKoyLCL

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 13

When Brand Petracca signed his contract extension in 2021, the Demons published a four-and-a-half minute interview with him, where he spoke of a love for the club as well as making a heartfelt reference to former captain Nathan Jones.

"… even someone like Jonesy who, even he said he could've probably left when the times were tough, but for him to stay and stick it out, to be a one-club player is pretty special," Petracca said on that day.

Petracca's desire to be a one-club player lasted just three seasons more. Can't wait to hear why.

X: @barrettdamian

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Alternative theory:

Tracc is concerned about the increasing angst and division on Demonland.

And decided to do something to bring us together.

Edited by binman
  • Love 1
  • Haha 9