Christian Petracca

4 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

Who would want this guy now if not us really? He’s like the partner who cheats on a long term marriage with kids and then asks a new partner to trust them. 

Other cheaters? Paper baggers, Dopers, Real Estate Cap Cheats etc

Edited by John Demonic
edit: I don't equate tracc with a cheating spouse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes i heard this.

The Club are still unaware of what all the issues are….

it’s a mess, but the Club must stand firm…

Time is still in our favour to sort this out

Well its settled NO WAY KNOWN CAN THE CLUB KEEP HIM. We go for TOP offer, players that benefit our club. Stuff it its not Christian Pettraca F.C .Surely the players must unify and say sorry pal, u have made ur bed BAD LUCK ur OUT!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's bloody hard to know where to unpack this whole situation, it's a mess.

I'm personally now of the belief this has to do with the coaching department, ie; Goodwin and assistants and direction of this.

I think most people give the coach a free ride as he delivered the ultimate prize, however that side was so full of confidence, not much would've stopped them at the pointy end.

Some things that Petracca may be annoyed at and rightly so (some may be true or untrue):

- Oliver trade threat and whatever was and is going on in the background. Oliver leaving the training camp early.

- The apparent need for players to play through pain and injury? If Oliver has been sore and has loads of pins in his hand, then why is he playing? Why did Gawn have a go at him v Coll? Did Petracca feel he had to go back on?

- The off-season camp rumours of bad behaviour, was it Anglesea and Mornington Peninsular?

- Joel Smith 

- Goodwin coaching, the constant backing in of a plan that the game has gone past. Questions over his stubbornness in the coaches box. We have surrounded him with assistant and given his a chance.

- gameday tactics, heavy reliance on contest and defence with no visual flair, forward half entries, continuing zone defence, no backup ruck/playing JVR as the backup etc.

- Rewarding of players with mediocre games at Casey, or even bringing players straight back in after long layoffs. Dropping of players who had good games in the seniors.

- Brodie Grundy saga and recruitment in the first place.

- Could Christian be annoyed that he was sent forward more instead of being the midfield bull? ie; did his ego want a chance at a brownlow? Who knows.

- Playing players out of position, ie; not to their strengths.

- Continual questions over our culture

- Like others have mentioned, if training at Casey was an issue then why did he sign on for a massive long term deal? Was he promised a new training centre? Stupid if so and also, how long did Christian think that would take to be approved and built?

- Petraccas body language and frustration on-field prior to KB

- Dysfunctional forward line

- May/Melksham incident at Entrecote

- Did the players get too cocky after the flag? (May comments).

- The game at Optus v West Coast where players barely even tried, then Alice.

- The recruitment of players post 2021, with a couple of them being questionable

- Is Christians ego his biggest problem. He did say from the start he wants to be a hall of famer. Does he crave the attention a bit too much? "wants bigger crowds"? How lame.

- Straight sets exits. Some say top 4, but we actually finished what, 5th and 7th?

The only conclusion that even only half makes sense to me is that Petracca is frustrated with the coach. Not a lot of the above really has much to do with Pert/Roffey. Perhaps he was already thinking this before not getting as much attention as he liked or deserved with his terrible injury? Then that was the final straw? Did he go to Noosa to start the separation process from the club? And why are/were players annoyed?

All I know is everyone on here will be devastated to lose Christian despite how you feel right now, I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. I generally thought he was the next in line for the (c). Such a sad situation only a few years from our last flag. There are just far too many questions and not enough answers. I can understand his frustrations as above, but I don't excuse his behaviour and dragging the club through turmoil. Never bite the hand that feeds you is a good old saying. Lets wait and see.

Edited by SFebes
  • Like 7
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

there are other explanations than the club leaked in the examples you gave.

those being petracca (or management ... same thing) and players talking to press (eg loyd's and age's public comments)

whether club or others or both i have no idea, but i can't see it in the club's interests at this stage.  

My reference to 'people at the club' included players ... they might be peeved at Petracca but why are they going to the media...

imv people at the club and people for Petracca are feeding this fiasco.

The sooner it gets taken behind closed doors and everyone shuts up the better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

The sooner it gets taken behind closed doors and everyone shuts up the better.

100%, but unfortunately that’s not what Trac wants. This all starts and ends with him. 

If he came back to the club tomorrow and apologized for the way he’s gone about things, we will all move on. Same can’t be said the other way. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Spare me Gerard. Gonna be a long summer if the self appointed moral guardian of the afl is going to list all our shortcomings day-in-day-out. 

Any word on cats players found on the floor of nightclubs or is that only something that happens at clubs with bad culture? 

Trac’s management would be very happy with that little soliloquy.

Edited by Fromgotowoewodin
  • Like 12
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

its a trap! We'll end up with Brendan Bolton and Adam Cerra and #11 & #F18

Re Time to decide: Goody or Tracc 

These kinds of ultimatums just end up destroying everything ie the fabric of the club.

Goodwin goes, many players unhappy, club radically alters with new coach, new timeline/window  Tracc will leave the year after anyway, or maybe other some important players. Same position we're in now.

Tracc goes, many players unhappy. club radically alters with new players, new timeline/window . Goodwin will be sacked anyway, and we'll lose a few more players. Same position we're in now

Same end point, different scenario's.

Hopefully things are healed and we see tracc and Goodwin in the red and blue next year.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BLWNBA said:

...at the end of the day the vomit and laugh react crew are going to vomit and laugh

It's childish isn't it.  I'm glad I don't read replies or reactions.

Edited by greenwaves
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Spare me Gerard. Gonna be a long summer if the self appointed moral guardian of the afl is going to list all our shortcomings day-in-day-out. 

Any word on cats players found on the floor of nightclubs or is that only something that happens at clubs with bad culture? 

Tracy’s management would be very happy with that little soliloquy.

gerard joined the click-club quite a while ago

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Tracy’s management would be very happy with that little soliloquy

Doesn't Gerard go for Geelong?

Also, a bit of a conflict of interest commenting on the status of a player who is a panelist on your show..

• Like 4

On 20/08/2024 at 10:39, reynolds46 said:

image.png.97ea58d32db75435e6e7c0d6db1c9801.png

So, will he be continuing his Special Membersip into next year, me thinks not....especially if Trac goes and he's done his dirty work?

• Like 1

Eery parallels with the RDB departure, similar age, similar profile. Club had recently won a premiership. Looking to expand the brand.  Walked in to a club gathering one day (acc. to Red Fox) and didn't like the vibe.  Went to Carlton.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, bush demon said:

Eery parallels with the RDB departure, similar age, similar profile. Club had recently won a premiership. Looking to expand the brand.  Walked in to a club gathering one day (acc. to Red Fox) and didn't like the vibe.  Went to Carlton.

And how did that work out....

1 hour ago, Teufelmann said:

Imagine if the situation were reversed and the MFC pressured a player on a long-term contract to leave the club on the basis that the club would prefer to contract player X from another club(perhaps on the basis that player X had a better profile and would attract more sponsors to the club). The football world would be justifiably outraged by such fickle behaviour. Contracts are obviously a two-way commitment. The player gets long-term job security and the club knows it has secured the services of a valuable player. I tend to agree with Garry Lyon that Christian should be told he will be held to his commitment for say another three years after which the position will be reviewed. In any event I hope that is what occurs.

That's exactly what happened when Treloar and Grundy were forced out of Collingwood 

• Like 1