Bohdan Babijczuk

Yze_Magic

i think this is a ridiculous thread. most of our injuries have been collision based injuries. hamstrings are caused because in our game we kick and bend over while running at speed. the hammy might occur at a different moment but the stresses placed on the body are un reasonable.

Well spoken deanox! Wise words indeed. Those who blame BB are just looking for scapegoats. No fitness man in ANY club can prevent soft tissue injuries.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. Adem yze out now with a groin injury

And bate with a hammy?

The evidence just keeps mounting

You are not learning Yze Magic. You are hopelessly out numbered by other posters regarding your stupidity in placing the blame on one man,BB. Footy is a contact game of a fierce nature. That is why injuries occur. You can do stretching on hamstrings forever, but that doesn't mean they won't tear at some stage. Grow up!

the best prevention for soft tissue injuries has to be core strength and stability. it would surprise me very much is colin sylvia and beamer werent doing a heavy course of pilate's as part of their training.

You are not learning Yze Magic. You are hopelessly out numbered by other posters regarding your stupidity in placing the blame on one man,BB. Footy is a contact game of a fierce nature. That is why injuries occur. You can do stretching on hamstrings forever, but that doesn't mean they won't tear at some stage. Grow up!

I may be in the minority, but as always my views ae 100% right

we actually lost 32 kilos over the playing group if you take into account Pickett's extra 20 kilos lol

which would of course bring the total weight up, not down. meaning we've put on 8

Whilst I think YM is for the most part stupid or at least cavalier, I dont think the general concept of this thread is.

We have been hit by a number of structural injuries (Neitz, Robbo, McLean, Bartram), which is bad luck. Fair enough.

However, without doing any research, it would appear, on the surface anyway, that we are experiencing a higher than usual number of soft tissue injuries. Green, Yze, Whelan, Bate, Moloney, Rivers, Petterd, Jamar, Sylvia, McLean, Pickett and Brown have all, at some stage, fallen victim this year. A fair list and thats only the ones I can remember.

There could be a number of reasons for this, low rainfall making the grounds harder, fewer bench rotations available due to players injured during matches or your only suggested explanation - bad luck.

However, I think it is at least plausible, that our new training regime, may have had some influence as it directly realtes to players conditioning. I would be dissapointed if the football department didnt measure the occurence of injuries (and in particular soft tissue) in some way as part of our conditioning coaches perfomance appraisal. If they did, at this stage, in comparison to other clubs or pervious years, we would not appear to be one of the top performers.

It would be a little naive to think a team like Sydney has simply been lucky not to experience a higher injury toll. Or that the ability to put your best players out on the park each week has a direct result to performance. Its true you can never prevent an injury form ever occuring but I think you can at least reduce its likelyhood.

I agree, that all roads do not lead to BB and that he is not solely responsible for our bad season. I also agree that further analysis into how and why we have had so many injured players is required and that as outside observers we do not know the facts. But it would be ignorant to say that all this is rubbish, put it all down to bad luck and not consider it at least worthy of further investigation.

Have you a background in body mechanics to SUPPORT your claim to be 100% right on this topic? I have.

Thats just laughable!!! :lol:

Now you have a complete knowledge of the injuries that have occured at the club this year, and through your "background" :unsure: in body mechanics, you have determined you view to be 100% correct.

Thats just laughable!!! :lol:

Now you have a complete knowledge of the injuries that have occured at the club this year, and through your "background" :unsure: in body mechanics, you have determined you view to be 100% correct.

Why do you assume that? I was merely asking Yze magic to justify his claims. WHERE did I claim to know All ABOUT injuries? I am a physical education teacher which gives me some humble insight into this topic. Don't make rash assumptions!

However, without doing any research, it would appear, on the surface anyway, that we are experiencing a higher than usual number of soft tissue injuries. Green, Yze, Whelan, Bate, Moloney, Rivers, Petterd, Jamar, Sylvia, McLean, Pickett and Brown have all, at some stage, fallen victim this year. A fair list and thats only the ones I can remember.

Some brief comments on the guys you've listed -

Green said that he felt tight during a game but due to mid-game injuries there was no one on the bench to replace him - felt he would have been OK otherwise.

Whelan has a history of soft tissue injuries iirc.

McLean has had regular injuries throughout his short career.

Moloney has had OP troubles before BB came to the club.

Sylvia ditto.

Pickett missed games with a hamstring(?) in the second half of '06.

Rivers' problem seems to be back-related; much to do with BB?

Brown I'm not sure about - I seem to remember him missing with hamstrings and the like before now.

I'm not sure about Petterd, Bate, or Jamar. Yze hasn't had many injures in his career :P

You are also not very modest and extremely STUBBORN! Have you a background in body mechanics to SUPPORT your claim to be 100% right on this topic? I have.

Have a look at our injuries over the year so far

Have a look who we hired pre-season

Have a look at his record at the previous AFL club he worked at

Its quite simple really

Why do you assume that? I was merely asking Yze magic to justify his claims. WHERE did I claim to know All ABOUT injuries? I am a physical education teacher which gives me some humble insight into this topic. Don't make rash assumptions!

Did I make a rash assumption or did you make a rash statement?

You asked YM if he had a background in body mechanics to support his claim to be 100% correct. And then claimed that you did. By doing so you inffered your knowledge of all injuries by baising you claim to be 100% correct as this would be a requirement.

I may have played your statement up a little but I think its fair to say you attempted to portray yourself as some authority on the subject. I'm not sure that, as a PE Teacher, you would have any greater insight than the rest of us. A greater insight would require a knowledge of each individual injury and the capacity to holistically analyse all the injuries to draw conclusions. Im not sure you have this. I know I dont, but I would hope that at seasons end the club asks someone that does.

Some brief comments on the guys you've listed -

Green said that he felt tight during a game but due to mid-game injuries there was no one on the bench to replace him - felt he would have been OK otherwise.

Whelan has a history of soft tissue injuries iirc.

McLean has had regular injuries throughout his short career.

Moloney has had OP troubles before BB came to the club.

Sylvia ditto.

Pickett missed games with a hamstring(?) in the second half of '06.

Rivers' problem seems to be back-related; much to do with BB?

Brown I'm not sure about - I seem to remember him missing with hamstrings and the like before now.

I'm not sure about Petterd, Bate, or Jamar. Yze hasn't had many injures in his career :P

Thanks Rogue for the list. I was aware of this.

No one is responsible for what they did not do, however it amazes me how dismissive people can be. Do we think that because some of our players have had injuries in the past we should expect them to continue to suffer injuries? Or would the club benifit from systems and training methods that are able to reduce the likelyhood of reoccurance and have our best players fit and playing football?

Would we like the football department to say it was just bad luck that we lost our last 3 close matches? Or look into strategies to increase our chances of success.

I just think that on the surface, it would appear, that we are suffering from a higher than usual number of soft tissue injuries. I dont know why this is so and im sure the club doesnt either right now. So we cant say its BB's fault, but as he is responsible for players conditioning, it does make him a suspect. And I would be disapointed if the club does not look into what has had a significant impact on our season.

Have a look at our injuries over the year so far

Have a look who we hired pre-season

Have a look at his record at the previous AFL club he worked at

Its quite simple really

Correlation does not mean causation.

If I said "all the players with injuries have blue eyes, therefore blue eyes cause injuries", you'd clearly think I was stupid. Yet you're prepared to promote the argument "all the players with soft tissue injuries have BB as a fitness trainer, therefore BB causes soft tissue injuries".

BTW, we've had good rain this month. Guess that means global warming must have stopped.

Did I make a rash assumption or did you make a rash statement?

You asked YM if he had a background in body mechanics to support his claim to be 100% correct. And then claimed that you did. By doing so you inffered your knowledge of all injuries by baising you claim to be 100% correct as this would be a requirement.

I may have played your statement up a little but I think its fair to say you attempted to portray yourself as some authority on the subject. I'm not sure that, as a PE Teacher, you would have any greater insight than the rest of us. A greater insight would require a knowledge of each individual injury and the capacity to holistically analyse all the injuries to draw conclusions. Im not sure you have this. I know I dont, but I would hope that at seasons end the club asks someone that does.

You have conveniently misconscrued my statement. I asked YM if he had any background in body mechanics and then added that I had. I never said that I was the oracle of sporting injuries. Just stating a fact that I have studied anatomy, sports injuries and the like. As you found my post 'laughable' I too found it amusing and smacking of a little ignorance that you could say, despite my PE background I would have no more knowledge of the human body than all the other posters. All my studies for nothing!

I may be in the minority, but as always my views ae 100% right

Yeah man, you're right.

Sack BB now and get someone else in. I hear the St Kilda fitness bloke will be available at the end of the year.

Correlation does not mean causation.

If I said "all the players with injuries have blue eyes, therefore blue eyes cause injuries", you'd clearly think I was stupid. Yet you're prepared to promote the argument "all the players with soft tissue injuries have BB as a fitness trainer, therefore BB causes soft tissue injuries".

BTW, we've had good rain this month. Guess that means global warming must have stopped.

Your example has no relevance. I realise your sarcasm, but eye colour would not generally have an impact on a players conditioning and rate of injury (ask Bobbie, he has a background in body mecanics ;) ). However the person responsible for it, it would be fair to say, does.

You know if there was a significant increase in carbon dioxide emmissions over a period of time and over that same period the hole in the ozone layer got bigger, you would be right in that we could not definitavly say the increased carbon dioxide was the cause simply because of the correlation. But I would also be right in saying it may be of some cause for concern and warrent some further investigation.

You have conveniently misconscrued my statement. I asked YM if he had any background in body mechanics and then added that I had. I never said that I was the oracle of sporting injuries. Just stating a fact that I have studied anatomy, sports injuries and the like. As you found my post 'laughable' I too found it amusing and smacking of a little ignorance that you could say, despite my PE background I would have no more knowledge of the human body than all the other posters. All my studies for nothing!

Your post would have been better if you didnt mention it. You dont need to do that to show YM up as a fool.

You may have done some studies, but my point is that you have no greater knowledge of the players actual injuries than the rest of us and what is published in the papers is not always correct. You cant make an assement on what you dont actually know.

What I know is that we have a lot of players out missing games and this has had a significant impact on what should have been a competitive season. To simply put it all down to bad luck would be foolish.

Your post would have been better if you didnt mention it. You dont need to do that to show YM up as a fool.

You may have done some studies, but my point is that you have no greater knowledge of the players actual injuries than the rest of us and what is published in the papers is not always correct. You cant make an assement on what you dont actually know.

What I know is that we have a lot of players out missing games and this has had a significant impact on what should have been a competitive season. To simply put it all down to bad luck would be foolish.

QED