Oliver Trade Rumours

Please make it Wednesday pm already!!!

All this is incredibly unhealthy in so many ways - longing for the days where a little info was enough -  never thought I would say that , but so sad that speculation has become fact in so many peoples minds !!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Believe it or not I have a lot more to do with the club than just being a cheersquad member.  But unlike others I'm not one to stand on top of the mountain and shout it out for all to hear.

You've just been given the company line why would they tell you what was really going on?

It's almost as laughable as when another cheer squad member claimed that the cheers quad work really closely with the football department. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here and I've never heard such rubbish.

These people would have countless losers coming up to them asking them for goss. You're just not as important as you think you are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

You've just been given the company line why would they tell you what was really going on?

It's almost as laughable as when another cheer squad member claimed that the cheers quad work really closely with the football department. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here and I've never heard such rubbish.

These people would have countless losers coming up to them asking them for goss. You're just not as important as you think you are.

I really think you should apologise for that whole statement, unless you want to jump all over the poster who said "my Geelong contact has told me they are still interested" unless the poster actually names the contact they may not be as well informed as they think they are.

5 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Calm down, dude.

Man, this site is becoming increasingly toxic of late. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Flowergirl said:

This is true, and it's important to note that Damien Barrett is critical of the AFL on a regular basis. 

Barrett criticism of the AFL is verging on soft and cuddly

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What are you on about? Where I'm from when people perform poorly they are held to account. The cheerleaders on here that mindlessly support the club even when it is being mismanaged are worse than the people in the media gleefully kicking us for being a basketcase. There were many on here back during the Schwab years who didn't want to hear a bad word about that administration either, the threads will still be here if you do a search.

Same as in the AFL and the MSM.

23 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I really think you should apologise for that whole statement, unless you want to jump all over the poster who said "my Geelong contact has told me they are still interested" unless the poster actually names the contact they may not be as well informed as they think they are.

Ok sure. What am I apologising for sorry? A good statement? I'm starting to get sick of people coming on here and claiming they have an inside lane and then turning out to be wrong anyway. If you ran a big time company would you go downstairs to the lobby cafe and tell the barista everything discussed at board meetings?

18 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Calm down, dude.

Man, this site is becoming increasingly toxic of late. 

Token 'hero' call. Thanks dude

33 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

How do you know, have you spoken to both of them face to face, if not you are speculating.

That's definitely where I'm trying to stop myself short with too much criticism at the moment. I've got my thoughts and feelings about the club right now but don't want to get too aggressive towards players because the truth is we don't know everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Witches Hat said:

Meanwhile back on topic...my Geelong contact tells me they haven't given up on getting Oliver. He definitely wants out. If what he is telling me is true it will be a future first rounder and nothing else.

Thankfully only five more days of wild speculation before we can all have a good lie down.

Have you told Sam that no one cares what he says.

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Honestly, just be done with it and trade him. Grab a future first rounder and a 2nd round draft pick and move on. 

Cannot put up another 12 months of Oliver distraction and noise on top of his ongoing behaviour that we still have to manage.

Stupid idea

10 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Ok sure. What am I apologising for sorry? A good statement? I'm starting to get sick of people coming on here and claiming they have an inside lane and then turning out to be wrong anyway. If you ran a big time company would you go downstairs to the lobby cafe and tell the barista everything discussed at board meetings?

Token 'hero' call. Thanks dude

My point my angry friend, didn't see you attacking the latter post I mentioned.

43 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

How do you know, have you spoken to both of them face to face, if not you are speculating.

It's evident in their actions, lack of public statements and the manner in which the two situations have played out. If you're incapable of applying some critical thinking to the issues at the club, that's on you.

I'm sure you'll believe the club when they finally come out and confirm the two players are disgruntled and wanted to leave MFC. We should get an email about that any day now 🙄

4 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Geez, you’re on a bit of a roll Bowserpower. Maybe pop a couple of nurofen and start fresh tomorrow. 

What are you stalking me now or something? Didn't realize it was so unheard of to post regularly on a forum

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

My point my angry friend, didn't see you attacking the latter post I mentioned.

I haven't seen it. Point it out to me and I will laugh to my heart's content when midnight Wed comes and hopefully nothing has happened

1 minute ago, Bowserpower said:

What are you stalking me now or something? Didn't realize it was so unheard of to post regularly on a forum

How about we all relax, that way it's not just you. 

Been a tough week, I could definitely use a Nurofen personally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pates said:

What irks me is that after we say we're not trading him, and Geelong say "we respect Melbourne's position", talks between him, his manager, and Geelong have clearly still continued. 

Is this all just preparation for next years trade period? Make his position at the club untenable so that they can come in with low ball offers? It also serves a secondary purpose where it potentially makes him less likely to provide us with his absolute best, or at the very least puts his head in a different space.

I swear they have done this with lots of other players as well, they've become the Barcelona of the AFL where they swoop in and take the best the league has to offer.

Same thing has happened with Bailey Smith from the Bulldogs, Ferals have had the entire year to smooth talk him and brain wash him with feral propoganda.

Clarry's camp either clearly has a problem with Pert or this is all a Cats media powerplay

Love Brad Green's stance on all this [censored] from the feral media circus, all orchestrated to the beat of their drums.

F k em all.

11 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

It’s not the “regular posting” mate. It’s the tone of the regular posts. You seem a bit angry. Whatever…

• Like 1