Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

If you are not extremely concerned that this club is seemingly being run by a bunch of blind monkeys flinging poo at the wall to see what sticks, then you should be.

Leaving the Clarry trade aside, you've had Green take over as caretaker president, and since then he's had his pants pulled down by Gutnick, he's got Pert running a review when he should be reviewed instead, all the while this sinking ship is leaking worse than the Titanic.

I am going to give Pert the benefit of the doubt here, and say that he isn't sitting in Noosa and ringing clubs around without the backing of the board. So if the board is letting Pert run the show, because they have lost faith in the FD, be it Goody, Lamb or Richo, then forget trading Clarry and get on with replacing the people in the FD and let their replacements make the list management calls!

One thing is certain, a bunch of doctors, lawyers and ex footballers sitting on a board, have 0 credentials to make list management calls. And having the CEO act as a proxy for them, is even worse! 

• Like 20
  • Love 1
  • Clap 5
  • Thinking 1

More smoke is appearing it seems. 

Edmund: “It’s understood Oliver’s recent behaviour has again tested the patience of some teammates, while the club has been disappointed in some things he has not committed to.”

I have spoken to one player (a few months ago) who has never really gotten over the events of last year. He suggested at least some of the other players were still dirty about tthe ‘preferential’ treatment he got ie if they did the same they would’ve been booted out the door.

Edited by The Jackson FIX
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Deez21 said:

As stated, Oliver doesn't want to leave

Club open to him staying

Pert goes and does his own thing.

And yet he opens up enquiries on other parts of the football club. He's a disgrace 

I want Pert gone, but there's no way Pert is acting on his own here.

Sure, the FD may not be for it, but what about our board? If you're shopping around one of your highest paid players without board approval, you may as well tender your resignation.

People need to be a little bit smarter about this.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

I want Pert gone, but there's no way Pert is acting on his own here.

Sure, the FD may not be for it, but what about our board? If you're shopping around one of your highest paid players without board approval, you may as well tender your resignation.

People need to be a little bit smarter about this.

100%. Pert might be super happy to run the show, but he's not running it unless Green and the rest of the board are giving him the green light to do so.

He might also be making decisions without the board's approval, but on the whole I would say the board would have given him support to get involved.

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, Superunknown said:

The scope of the review ought be expanded to encompass the CEO’s role in recent times.

This is started to look even worse.

It also be conducted at arms length. Malcolm speed was right.

IF what is said about Pert is true, I’m worried and it’s hard to escape the conclusion we are not a serious club

You mean like Deemocracy and Peter Lawrence have been saying for a while? I agree.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Macca said:

Stafford gone, Roffey gone, McQualter gone, Janette Kendall gone from the board, ANB going, Oliver going?

Are we in the midst of the domino effect?

The external/internal review happening now

Those under discussion by those on the outside ... 

Pert, Richardson, Petracca, Lamb, Kozzie and there might be one or 2 more

And the review might expose Goodwin (game plan primarily) 

From my point of view, the biggest concerns are player behaviour, injury issues and and our pedestrian style of play

Off field?  There's probably a lot that we don't know about, so it's a guessing game

any review should also explore how and why our club is leaking like the frikn titanic. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Edmund: “It’s understood Oliver’s recent behaviour has again tested the patience of some teammates, while the club has been disappointed in some things he has not committed to.”

I have spoken to one player (a few months ago) who has never really gotten over the events of last year. He suggested at least some of the other players were still dirty about tthe ‘preferential’ treatment he got ie if they did the same they would’ve been booted out the door.

Read the last paragraph. In other words, in July he had a conversation (allegedly) and has tagged this on to give the post credence. It doesn't have to be truthful but rather, give the illusion of truth.

I've always liked the late comedian George Burn's quote: The key to success is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

100%. Pert might be super happy to run the show, but he's not running it unless Green and the rest of the board are giving him the green light to do so.

He might also be making decisions without the board's approval, but on the whole I would say the board would have given him support to get involved.

A board needs to ratify any number of  decisions (especially major decisions)

So off-loading a $7Million+ contract (with a decent idea of what might be coming back) wouldn't be done without the board's knowledge & approval

That's not to let Pert off the hook, as all our issues are happening under Pert's watch 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

If you are not extremely concerned that this club is seemingly being run by a bunch of blind monkeys flinging poo at the wall to see what sticks, then you should be.

Leaving the Clarry trade aside, you've had Green take over as caretaker president, and since then he's had his pants pulled down by Gutnick, he's got Pert running a review when he should be reviewed instead, all the while this sinking ship is leaking worse than the Titanic.

I am going to give Pert the benefit of the doubt here, and say that he isn't sitting in Noosa and ringing clubs around without the backing of the board. So if the board is letting Pert run the show, because they have lost faith in the FD, be it Goody, Lamb or Richo, then forget trading Clarry and get on with replacing the people in the FD and let their replacements make the list management calls!

One thing is certain, a bunch of doctors, lawyers and ex footballers sitting on a board, have 0 credentials to make list management calls. And having the CEO act as a proxy for them, is even worse! 

you left out the boot studder, jaded 🤣

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Now we are getting closer to the truth. 
2 Players who came from Footscray have been shown the door not long ago…

Is Oliver holding up his end of the deal?

People can bash Pert being involved over all this, but i ask WHY is Oliver being talked about. Why is Pert on the phone?

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I will be quite upset if Clayton Oliver leaves the Demons.

He still has a contract with the Melbourne Football Club until 2030.

I have been a supporter of Gary Pert as CEO, but if a choice has to be made between Gary Pert and Clayton Oliver then I will choose Clayton Oliver every time.

You don't trade away champion Melbourne players that have won 4 Best & Fairests and also helped you break a 57 year Premiership drought!

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Demonland said:

"Oliver, Stanley and Stewart discussed the prospect of a Geelong midfield in 2025 being made up of Bailey Smith – who is expected to join from the Western Bulldogs on a six-year deal – Max Holmes, Jack Bowes, Tanner Bruhn, Patrick Dangerfield and Oliver.

Two sources close to Oliver said the 27-year-old left Geelong excited about the prospect of wearing the blue and white hoops in 2025, but that he accepted a trade may be complicated.

More to come"

Sickening. Not sure if I hate Geelong or the people running our club more at present.

• Like 4

Friends, truly, I am exhausted.

This is exhausting. 

23-24 preseason: Oliver. JS. Goody. Culture

24 season: Culture, Tracc. Goody. President. Legal stuff. 

post 24 season (and not even 24/25 preseason): culture, Oliver again. Board/President. Kozzie? Viney? 

I am sure I have missed stuff, this is just a snapshot.

For Chrissie, I am asking for a normal club/offseason.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Read the last paragraph. In other words, in July he had a conversation (allegedly) and has tagged this on to give the post credence. It doesn't have to be truthful but rather, give the illusion of truth.

I've always liked the late comedian George Burn's quote: The key to success is sincerity. If you can fake that you've got it made.

Sorry, for clarity, I wrote the last bit. Edmund was only the first para

• Like 2

Just realised I have been blocked by Brad Green on Twitter!! I haven't even said anything to him!??

I post from time to time asking the Club to do better/say something...but have NEVER outright trashed the club I love. 

Very strange... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think any of Green, Pert, Richardson, Taylor, Goodwin or Lamb are irrational hot heads. They all seem to be very considered people IMO.

If the MFC want Oliver out, there must be very good reasons. They know how good a footballer he is at his best.

• Like 11

With all of this lately... Trac, Oliver etc - how the hell are we going to land any notable trades??

Who would want to come to us? 

WHAT A MESS  

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

With all of this lately... Trac, Oliver etc - how the hell are we going to land any notable trades??

Who would want to come to us? 

WHAT A MESS  

It may be a blessing in disguise. Our notable trades over the past 3 years have been busts.

It's all part of a cunning plan, lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

I don't think any of Green, Pert, Richardson, Taylor, Goodwin or Lamb are irrational hot heads. They all seem to be very considered people IMO.

If the MFC want Oliver out, there must be very good reasons. They know how good a footballer he is at his best.

Isn’t one of the issues that Goodwin and the football department don’t want to trade him but by the sounds of it the board do. 

• Like 1

If as reported Oliver has dropped off again with behaviour issues ..  no player is bigger than the club ..  club has supported him well not much more they can do .. clubs cannot jeopardise the remaining list for 1 player ..

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

How can you trust the club? For all of Goodwin’s flaws, he’s honest to a fault. When he declared that Oliver is loved, that he’ll be in the red & blue next year, and he’s never seen a player so ready to tackle a pre-season, then I believe him. This to me seems a division within the club where Pert has made a unilateral decision to gauge interest in trading Oliver. I’ve got no faith in this club anymore and I’m embarrassed how far we’ve fallen since 2021. 

As predicted, there’s a division with the club. Appalling stuff really.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

Pert leaking this to Edmund is an absolute disgrace. Counterproductive and completely unprofessional.

Literally zero proof pert has leaked that. Sure it’s possible but don’t talk about it like it’s fact. 

• Like 10