Steven May staging fine

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I have noticed that too and was surprised at some of his comments in our games, about us.

It is sort of like if I attack my old club, everyone will know I am not biased.

One of our heroes, for years, with great effort for the teams in which he played and the Club, in general beyond that commitment. Now he looks to be complacent alongside other media-types covering footy, just to maintain the good wicket that TV commentary represents and, of course, the dollar; it's a lucrative job. I guess times have changed from the Bob Davis, Lou Richards, Jack Dyer images, clear preferences and loyalties out loud, competing with the Harry Beitzel and Drew Morphet-types of better days in impartiality, and the revered sacrosanctity of the umpiring craft.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

As are we all. You get that smell that this has been blown up to counteract the charge into Patracca by St Moore.

Who incidentally loves to make known his oratory skills, which are "rambling zilch"

And while i'm talking about Collingwood, what is going on with this jumping on top of the opposition by several players at a time and staying there until the poor players have submitted. I am waiting for someone to get dirt rubbed in their face or worse.  

Reminds me of a song: “heads, shoulder, knees and toes” emphasis being knees and shoulders and head.

17 hours ago, Redleg said:

First club to be done for tanking, or bringing the game into disrepute for discussing it.

First club to have had a top 5 and NGA player taken away from the ability to draft him.

First club to lose a player for a legal tackle that accidentally caused a concussion, Chandler.

First club to have a player miss effectively a third of that season for a sling tackle, ANB in the covid shortened season.

First in most games played against the Cats in Geelong in the last 25 years.

First club to have a player suspended indefinitely, without a decision or hearing, for 10 months, for using coke 4 days before a match day.

First club to lose a player forever, from a bump that a few months later is deemed illegal.

First club to have allegations that the Coach was drinking and gambling with the players.

First club to have Directors be sued by the immediate past President.

First club to have a goal reviewed and disallowed after the all clear for allegedly having the ball touching the hair of an opposition player without any vision of same.

First club to have one player have multiple overturned goals on review, after the all clear by the goal and field umpire ANB.

First VFL/AFL club Board actively seeking a merger with another club and and using proxies of non club fans.

First club to have a player suspended for standing still, while an opposition player ran into him in a practice game concussing himself, May.

I am sure you can all have some fun thinking of some other firsts.

Jack Trengove was the first player suspended for a tackle on Dangerfield in the goal square Punt Road end many years ago. A perfect tackle before the concussion thing was a hot topic.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I have noticed that too and was surprised at some of his comments in our games, about us.

It is sort of like if I attack my old club, everyone will know I am not biased.

Yep me too. Commented that he is trying to outdo Gary Lyon. Why do Demons supporters go out of their way to denounce the allegiance. Is it any coincidence that there is general anti Melbourne sentiment in the media?

• Clap 2

20 hours ago, durango said:

I have a PhD in physics studying projectile motion what form of education have you got?

20 hours ago, durango said:

I have a PhD in physics studying projectile motion what form of education have you got?

Rubbish. I suspect failed plasticine.

Goody was pretty upset Robbo called him a cheat.

Watched AFL 360 expecting to see Robbo apologise for a pretty ordinary comment.

He didn’t apologise.

I thought that was pretty ordinary.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 3
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, Redleg said:

He didn’t apologise.

Feel sorry for him actually. Getting harder for hack journos to stay relevant in a sea of ex-players all trying to outdo each other for a dollar.

10 hours ago, Redleg said:

He didn’t apologise.

It amazes me how flippantly that word gets used in the media. 

That word set the ball rolling for the dismissal of our greatest ever coach.

Now instead of ranting and raving with the sensationalist statements, I'd like these media guys to explain what actually is a sling tackle. Is it the action itself? Is it only a sling tackle when the head hits the ground. Some more informative journalism wouldn't go astray. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loges said:

On a side note, I've just woken up to the surprising news that Patrick Dangerfield has gotten off at the tribunal, who would've thought.

Nothing has ever been less surprising or shocking.

The AFL administration is an embarrassment and a danger to our great game. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, layzie said:

It amazes me how flippantly that word gets used in the media. 

That word set the ball rolling for the dismissal of our greatest ever coach.

Now instead of ranting and raving with the sensationalist statements, I'd like these media guys to explain what actually is a sling tackle. Is it the action itself? Is it only a sling tackle when the head hits the ground. Some more informative journalism wouldn't go astray. 

Don't hold your breath whatever you do.

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2024 at 13:47, Deemania since 56 said:

If the snot goblins are so smart, well-selected and highly trained, how come so many Carlscum player utilise this free kick roundabout, so frequently, so universally, so blatantly and get away with it each time? Is there something wrong with the issued whistles they suck?

Even those of us who are not conspiracy theorists know why this happens so regularly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GM11 said:

Feel sorry for him actually. Getting harder for hack journos to stay relevant in a sea of ex-players all trying to outdo each other for a dollar.

it’s pretty funny though that he  defended the bombers all through the “ supplements” scandal isn’t it. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Voss just came out and basically threatened anyone who says Walsh contributed to the Dangerfield incident.

“Come and say that standing in front of me” he said.

This for a suggestion of contributing only, not being called a cheat.

every game you see people ducking and getting taken high is that not staging also, they are deliberately trying to draw a free out of what could have been a fair tackle if they had not ducked or lifted their arm. i dont know how may times i see melbourne players come flying out of a pack as if they have been pushed in the back as they did not get a free  because the umpire did not see a push could that be seen as staging? just because his head did not crash into the ground does not mean he could not have hit his head, strained a neck muscle etc.  i dont have any issue if they AFL wants to persue this sort of thing, i would just like them to be consistent in doing so. which we have seen they arent

• Like 1