Speculation is running rife in my head . . .

14 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Goodwin won't coach again after Melbourne, everyone else knows he's incompetent.

Bevo way too tough for our playing group.

😂🤣 Have 19 words ever been more hilariously wrong?

• Like 3
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

15 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:
  • Crowbots sack Nicks
  • Goodwin to Crowbots
  • Western Bullflogs sack Bevo
  • Bevo to Dees
  • Crowbots appoint Roo coach, president and CEO

I'd almost reckon that Bevo could re-kindle his Demons association - and he has the coaching experience. Certainly, for me, an improvement on the incumbent albeit a rather massive re-design. Amusing thoughts.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

a bit more mongrel, I think that's where we lack.  Skills are there, we need hunger and some more edge.

Whether we need a new coach or coaching team.   We definitely need more mongrel. 

far too soft. You should never share a joke with someone who has DELIBERATELY ended a mates career. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

15 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:
  • Crowbots sack Nicks
  • Goodwin to Crowbots
  • Western Bullflogs sack Bevo
  • Bevo to Dees
  • Crowbots appoint Roo coach, president and CEO

Whatever you are on please stop immediately. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Whether we need a new coach or coaching team.   We definitely need more mongrel. 

far too soft. You should never share a joke with someone who has DELIBERATELY ended a mates career. 

When you see a player shake hands with a thug who ended one of your team mates career you know we are as soft as butter. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

31 minutes ago, old dee said:

When you see a player shake hands with a thug who ended one of your team mates career you know we are as soft as butter. 

Wait who did that?  I did not see that, thankfully, I would have threw up on the spot.

Surely if Goodwin was thinking of moving to Adelaide (the city) at the end of 2025, there would have been succession discussions with Yze and he never would have taken the poisoned chalice Richmond job?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old dee said:

yeah soft as

Trac just played on with broken ribs and ruptured spleen

not physically or mentally soft, our Trac. He is just able to differentiate during game with pre or post game 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Young Angus said:

Wait who did that?  I did not see that, thankfully, I would have threw up on the spot.

Petracca before the game started.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DubDee said:

yeah soft as

Trac just played on with broken ribs and ruptured spleen

not physically or mentally soft, our Trac. He is just able to differentiate during game with pre or post game 

Its a mental thing. In your wildest dreams could you imagine a Pies player doing the same thing? The pies just wanted to win more than us it was obvious to everyone.

Edited by old dee
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, old dee said:

Its a mental thing. In your wildest dreams could you imagine a Pies player doing the same thing? The pies just wanted to win more than us it was obvious to everyone.

I don't agree that Trac is mentally soft. quite the opposite

Yep, I could see Moore or Sidebottom doing the same thing

Not a Viney or Maynard though

I agree with your last comment of course, they were far more committed and wanted it more

6 hours ago, old dee said:

A couple of years ago we took the field against Sydney, and May moved to shake hands with Buddy Franklin, who ignored him and walked straight by. It [censored] me off at the time but in reflection it was a solid F-you psychological move. I would have felt much better had this been our modus operandi regarding Thug Maynard against the Pies.  

Edited by gs77
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

Not that it would happen, but it would be funny to replace a coach accused of wasting a golden era with another coach accused of wasting a golden era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 3

33 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Not that it would happen, but it would be funny to replace a coach accused of wasting a golden era with another coach accused of wasting a golden era. 

Goodwin is going nowhere. He will be with us till the end of his contract.

• Vomit 1

5 hours ago, waynewussell said:

😂🤣 Have 19 words ever been more hilariously wrong?

If you think he can coach then i'm happy for you. Proof is there that he's a stubborn autocrat who's wasted the last 2 years. Shache as a sub in a semi-final tells you all you need to know.

He will not be a head coach at AFL level again. Go and read the Adelaide boards and see what they think of one of their own as a coach.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, FearTheBeard said:

If you think he can coach then i'm happy for you. Proof is there that he's a stubborn autocrat who's wasted the last 2 years. Shache as a sub in a semi-final tells you all you need to know.

He will not be a head coach at AFL level again. Go and read the Adelaide boards and see what they think of one of their own as a coach.

That was Goodwin's single worst moment as coach of the MFC. Intentionally playing one man down in a high stakes final.

Carlton bring on a fresh sub in Ollie Hollands, on a warm night, who was instrumental in their game winning passage of play with 45 second left. 

Meanwhile our sub was a 200cm maligned player with absolutely no intention of bringing him on. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

He’s got more flags than either of their coaches. 

also, going to big footy to get a feel for things is generally wise. I think most club executives and performance teams do the same.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

18 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

That was Goodwin's single worst moment as coach of the MFC. Intentionally playing one man down in a high stakes final.

Carlton bring on a fresh sub in Ollie Hollands, on a warm night, who was instrumental in their game winning passage of play with 45 second left. 

Meanwhile our sub was a 200cm maligned player with absolutely no intention of bringing him on. 

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old dee said:

Goodwin is going nowhere. He will be with us till the end of his contract.

...and as we have seen, the outcome is that under Badloss' tutelage, the MFC must tolerate 'going nowhere' in advance, so very often.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

The suggestion of Goodwin going to Adelaide or Port has their respective BigFooty posters petrified.

They don't want anything to do with him.

I suggested to my Adelaide cohort a trade of Goodwin for Darren Burgess and almost got poleaxed for it.

Edited by Jibroni
  • Haha 2