11 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

ladhams will struggle to be on an afl list in 2025, while membrey might be a shot for us but does another mid-sized forward target actually improve us?

Ladhams is a peanut (literally his nickname) but his VFL form is strong and there’s not 36 better mature body rucks in the country. He’s got a job until he’s 30.

The issue is does Sydney just keep him for depth given he’s contracted. Might depend what they think of their big bean pole McAndrew who is uncontracted. But you got to have at least 2 rucks you think you can play whilst in a flag window.

And does Ladhams go from sitting behind Grundy to sitting behind Gawn? The way Grundy has finished the year I’m not sure he isn’t better off trying to win that Swans job.

Membrey would be a good bit of short term improvement because he can lead at the ball which is our forwards major weakness. But he’s not starting a top 4 side. I feel like a good forwards coach has to look at JVR, Disco, Jeffo even Petty depending on what we do with T Mc and think I can get these guys leading at the footy - with up the ground run and skills.

Edited by DeeSpencer

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Ladhams is a peanut (literally his nickname) but his VFL form is strong and there’s not 36 better mature body rucks in the country. He’s got a job until he’s 30.

The issue is does Sydney just keep him for depth given he’s contracted. Might depend what they think of their big bean pole McAndrew who is uncontracted. But you got to have at least 2 rucks you think you can play whilst in a flag window.

And does Ladhams go from sitting behind Grundy to sitting behind Gawn? The way Grundy has finished the year I’m not sure he isn’t better off trying to win that Swans job.

I think people will steer clear of Ladhams because of his personality and behaviour 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

I think people will steer clear of Ladhams because of his personality and behaviour 

Maybe, but he’s only 26 and rucks are special people. Most of them are a bit odd 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

LOL

Ridiculous assessment

He is on par with Trac for disposal efficiency over career

If he is tubby, what is Oliver?

Please don’t be a disposal efficiency truther. 

A 40m hacked kick to a one on one scores the same as a Tracc 65m bullet that clears half a backline.

We all know what happened with Clarry but by the end of the year he looked fitter than Parfitt, even if he didn’t run like it. Parfitt’s also fitter than Stewie Dew and John Daly, doesn’t mean he’s fit.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2024 at 22:41, dazzledavey36 said:

It's been reported in the media that we will be targeting experienced midfielder through the trade period.

I read that as topping up with midfield depth with and guys like Will Brodie, Brendan Parfitt and even Matt Kennedy fit that criteria. 

Thanks for the info. One part of me thinks, owe great, he'd currently come in at a cheaper price given his lack of AFL exposure in 2024. The other part of me say, owe great, we'd need to deal with Peter Bell and Fremantle over contracted player.

2 minutes ago, ignition. said:

What are your thoughts on Mitch Georgiades?

I rather rate him and feel he hasn't reached his potential at Port. If I recall correctly the Taylor and Lamb rather liked him during his draft year.

We were into him prior to him doing his acl.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

Ladhams is a spud. His nickname is peanut because he's an [censored] and a [censored]. Swans literally had no other fit ruckman this time last year and he went and got himself suspended (again) when they needed him. He's up there as the worst ruckman on an AFL list. Shown nothing at AFL level other than being taller than most.

This hit on young Woe in the VFL is reason enough for us not to consider him. Gutless sniper.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/832484/big-swans-crude-hit-leaves-young-demon-dazed?videoId=832484&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1661749857001

Yes we need a ruckman, but we'd be better with with basically any random battler from the VFL who actually wants a chance to prove themselves. Avoid Ladhams at all costs.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ignition. said:

What are your thoughts on Mitch Georgiades?

I rather rate him and feel he hasn't reached his potential at Port. If I recall correctly the Taylor and Lamb rather liked him during his draft year.

We tried to get him not long ago and he instead signed a new contract with Port. A shame, as he has potential as an athletic forward option.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Please don’t be a disposal efficiency truther. 

A 40m hacked kick to a one on one scores the same as a Tracc 65m bullet that clears half a backline.

We all know what happened with Clarry but by the end of the year he looked fitter than Parfitt, even if he didn’t run like it. Parfitt’s also fitter than Stewie Dew and John Daly, doesn’t mean he’s fit.

Stop it

45 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Membrey would be a good bit of short term improvement because he can lead at the ball which is our forwards major weakness. But he’s not starting a top 4 side. I feel like a good forwards coach has to look at JVR, Disco, Jeffo even Petty depending on what we do with T Mc and think I can get these guys leading at the footy - with up the ground run and skills.

Could you prize WIll Green out of Sydney and back home to Victoria i wonder, could offer him security of a slightly longer contract, better money and being mentored by the best ruckman in a very long time. pretty appealing package. 

29 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

Could you prize WIll Green out of Sydney and back home to Victoria i wonder, could offer him security of a slightly longer contract, better money and being mentored by the best ruckman in a very long time. pretty appealing package. 

Swans rate Green very very highly. Invested pick 16 last year and see him as an A grade ruckman ahead. Unless he gets bitten by homesickness, it’d be a long shot !!! 

On 06/09/2024 at 14:42, layzie said:

Membrey will almost certainly divide the forum into two categories:

a) A handy and sometimes effective forward that could come cheap

b) An overrated recycled hack that we have too many of anyway. 

Fritch, Disco, Melksham, McAdam. We already have enough mid size fwds. We need more small fwds that can get up and back and pressure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Ladhams is a spud. His nickname is peanut because he's an [censored] and a [censored]. Swans literally had no other fit ruckman this time last year and he went and got himself suspended (again) when they needed him. He's up there as the worst ruckman on an AFL list. Shown nothing at AFL level other than being taller than most.

This hit on young Woe in the VFL is reason enough for us not to consider him. Gutless sniper.
https://www.afl.com.au/video/832484/big-swans-crude-hit-leaves-young-demon-dazed?videoId=832484&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1661749857001

Yes we need a ruckman, but we'd be better with with basically any random battler from the VFL who actually wants a chance to prove themselves. Avoid Ladhams at all costs.

Wow, simply disgusting.

How many weeks did he get for that? 3+ I hope...

12 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Wow, simply disgusting.

How many weeks did he get for that? 3+ I hope...

4 weeks. Woe was concussed. Was a seriously dog hit and sums up Ladhams attitude on and off the field. He was suspended and unavailable for their finals campaign as a result when they needed a ruckman. He lets his team down time and time again. If he wasn't tall he'd be in the queue for Centrelink.

Edited by Lord Travis
  • Like 1

Significant improvement is not going to come from other clubs discards! Yes a bargain can be found, but the majority are at best maintaining the status quo or on the decline (they are discarded for a reason).

We need to identify and target the good players, regardless of contract i.e. Gegordies, Callaghan, Miller, Brayshaw, Reid, Flanders, McCluggage, Rowbortom, Hewett, etc

Clubs like Brisbane, GC, Blues have more potential top end talent coming in, so shake the tree and see if a quality midfielder falls out - we should have the cash to make things interesting (or as North did with us/Viney tighten our salary cap to help future raids)

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Ungarieboy said:

Significant improvement is not going to come from other clubs discards! Yes a bargain can be found, but the majority are at best maintaining the status quo or on the decline (they are discarded for a reason).

We need to identify and target the good players, regardless of contract i.e. Gegordies, Callaghan, Miller, Brayshaw, Reid, Flanders, McCluggage, Rowbortom, Hewett, etc

Clubs like Brisbane, GC, Blues have more potential top end talent coming in, so shake the tree and see if a quality midfielder falls out - we should have the cash to make things interesting (or as North did with us/Viney tighten our salary cap to help future raids)

I take it that you’ve not once this year bemoaned us not getting Chol, D’Ambrosio or Ginnivan, nor bemoaned Jordon leaving us?

• Like 1

I like the idea of Kennedy from Carlton, only 27. Can play anywhere on the ground and is obviously a fringe player for the Blues. (which he shouldn't be)

Think he could be a Brayshaw type player for us

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

I like the idea of Kennedy from Carlton, only 27. Can play anywhere on the ground and is obviously a fringe player for the Blues. (which he shouldn't be)

Think he could be a Brayshaw type player for us

Cmon man, the bloke is ok but he is not even close to Brayshaw 

• Like 3

On 09/09/2024 at 11:12, DeeSpencer said:

Membrey would release Petty to the backline. 

Plays tall, kicks goals and can take a grab.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges

5 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

FYI Membrey is only 188cm

agree he plays tall but he is a 3rd tall at best imo

10 minutes ago, DubDee said:

FYI Membrey is only 188cm

agree he plays tall but he is a 3rd tall at best imo

17 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

If we can’t recruit a key forward and Membrey is not this then Petty has to play forward