I think we can build around Disco and JVR, with Fritsch as a third tall. We would get more value from insert a player like Tom Papley, Bobby Hill or Charlie Cameron than Max King.

Matt Owies is a player we should look at. Sam Wicks is another.

If we keep Petracca and find some depth in the midfield, he can be used forward as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

I think we can build around Disco and JVR, with Fritsch as a third tall. We would get more value from insert a player like Tom Papley, Bobby Hill or Charlie Cameron than Max King.

Matt Owies is a player we should look at. Sam Wicks is another.

If we keep Petracca and find some depth in the midfield, he can be used forward as well.

Murphy Reid and Cotton look like they could play a small forward role to me.

Agree in Owies and Wicks, and I wonder about Rachele.

Max king would help all the other forwards. Fritts jvrs roles would alter and they'd get lesser Backmen. Chin/spargs are no papley but an upgrade wouldn't be as dramatic as max king.

17 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

Murphy Reid and Cotton look like they could play a small forward role to me.

Agree in Owies and Wicks, and I wonder about Rachele.

Rachele is on too much money.

Look at the Giants list for some options. They have too many small forwards to play them all.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Crows are laughing. McAdam is now a pick 23-24 in this draft. He’s a lazy footballer. Cannot kick 35 metres.  Mercurial yes. But two or three efforts a match is lazy!!! 

Said as soon as we were interested he is lazy and has an attitude problem.  And not young.  They really bent us over there

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Long road ahead if we’ve got people like Alan Richardson and Tim Lamb contributing to these decisions. 

17FFC8C7-C855-4D09-8B01-728F723E2F4C.jpeg

I like the ‘ca’t’ which both perfectly describes Ralph’s journalism and Richo’s English.

We need to add quality mature or maturing players. There’s no doubt about that.

But we’ve completely botched our window as a destination club and made a huge mess of the list.

We shouldn’t be afraid of using the draft for high end quality and finding the right mature guys without selling the farm.

The focus has to be on adding quality pieces of the puzzle at the right price. I have zero faith in this list management/scouting team to do that.

3 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Long road ahead if we’ve got people like Alan Richardson and Tim Lamb contributing to these decisions. 

I heard him say that and wasn’t impressed. We’ve now likely got pick 6, perhaps pick 5. If that’s not a top shelf youngster or an A grade mid under 25 then I’ll be disappointed. 

• Like 5

It’s been said a million times before but this is self preservation, nothing more and nothing less.

We don’t need experience, we need high quality 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

Tim Lamb and Alan Richardson are both recipe for disaster for this footy club.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

Oh no we are [censored] 

Let's just see shall we? Houston cooled because we refused to pay two first rounders.

I'd be staggered if we don't take our 2024 first rounder to the draft.

Edited by Adam The God
  • Like 5

Having already lost Jordon and Harmes, and now with ANB leaving, we certainly need to restock on strong, reliable mid-tier players who know their roles. That's a vital ingredient that we need to get right.

Edited by Swooper Northey
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Adam The God said:

Let's just see shall we? Houston cooled because we refused to pay two first rounders.

I'd he staggered if we don't take our 2924 first rounder to the draft.

Bold prediction, sadly unless they work out how to cryo-freeze humans we will never know.

• Haha 2

I’d love to ask the question to the Tigers about Nick Vlastuin. Will be 31 starting next year and has two years left on his contract. Could we get him out of there for a late second round pick? If we can’t get Houston, he would be a fantastic addition. Great ball user, great one on one and an excellent intercept mark. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, The Time is Now said:

I’d love to ask the question to the Tigers about Nick Vlastuin. Will be 31 starting next year and has two years left on his contract. Could we get him out of there for a late second round pick? If we can’t get Houston, he would be a fantastic addition. Great ball user, great one on one and an excellent intercept mark. 

I was actually thinking about the Tigs list if there's anyone we could pry out.

Taranto went there chasing a flag and won't be keen on full rebuild. 

I'd be asking the question of him as well.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

I'd be staggered if we don't take our 2024 first rounder to the draft.

Has that been reported? I've only read that we were the sole Melbourne based team willing to offer two firsts.

Thank god Houston appears to have saved us from ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Deeko2 said:

I was actually thinking about the Tigs list if there's anyone we could pry out.

Taranto went there chasing a flag and won't be keen on full rebuild. 

I'd be asking the question of him as well.

Taranto is a pass in my books. Continuously butchers the ball and fades in and out of games. After Baker, Bolton and Rioli leave, there isn’t a huge amount left to pick at.

45 minutes ago, Swooper Northey said:

Having already lost Jordon and Harmes, and now with ANB leaving, we certainly need to restock on strong, reliable mid-tier players who know their roles. That's a vital ingredient that we need to get right.

or the fringe players - yr tholstrup's, spargo's, laurie's, pup's of the world - need to develop into those roles

Edited by whatwhat say what

Dees need to focus on skills and pace through the midfield.

I don’t think that Riv and McVee are the answer.  They are excellent across our defence and should stay there.  You don’t rob your strengths to try to fix other gaps.  

two steps 

1. Recruit one mature player ready to go in the midfield.  Peatling for example would be an excellent addition.  

2. use this year 2024 draft to see at least three quality midfielders… this years draft is super strong 

Edited by spirit of norm smith
Do something Don’t think Do
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Davos said:

Has that been reported? I've only read that we were the sole Melbourne based team willing to offer two firsts.

Thank god Houston appears to have saved us from ourselves.

No, I'm speculating, but I can guarantee you he didn't cool because of Trac.