TRAINING: Friday 7th June 2024

Posted (edited)

Training was at Casey today. I would’ve attended except my passport’s out of date. 😂

My very dear DA buddy (sister from another mister) attended and gave me her notes. Bear in mind she was behind the fence watching from a distance since it’s Richo’s decision to open the gate to fans and today he obviously decided against it. Most of the drills were on the opposite side of the ground. She arrived late therefore only saw part of the session. This is what she sent me…

• Intense serious full-on drills

• Focus on speed through middle

• Viney super fast very fit very determined 

• All talls practice up forward: Verrall, Adams, KFW, Kentfield Jefferson. One-on-one with backs.

• Impressive one-on-one Kentfield v May.

• Clearly focussing on super fast run and carry.

•Kynan very very fast

• 11am match sim. For 13 mins
In white vests…Billings Kolt BBB Jefferson Kentfield Verrall Kynan McAdam Howes Tmac Laurie Chin Fullarton Tomlinson and #51 (? don’t know who, too far away)

• Not a slithera in sight

I added the last one 🤭

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 14

• Demonland changed the title to TRAINING: Friday 7th June 2024

Boy you don’t muck around Andy. Already corrected the topic heading. 
One of these days I’ll get it right first go. 😇

• Haha 2
  • Clap 2

Marvelous stuff   I do not think it will matter much  but we can live with hope,   then cry later.

Go Dees

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Thanks WCW for sharing.

Any news on how JVR trained?

I realised after posting the above that she never mentioned him. I shall get to the bottom of this! 🧐😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Goody said in the press conference today that JVR is likely going to be fit to play, but still needs to get thru a big load of training in the lead up.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Goody said in the press conference today that JVR is likely going to be fit to play, but still needs to get thru a big load of training in the lead up.

Fingers crossed.

Trigger warning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16
  • Clap 1

51 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Thanks WCW for sharing.

Any news on how JVR trained?

Roo wasn’t rehabbing. He trained with everyone else for the whole session. He looked perfectly fine and was running well and in general training well.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Roo wasn’t rehabbing. He trained with everyone else for the whole session. He looked perfectly fine and was running well and in general training well.

Brilliant work WCW.

Good news about JVR. Our forward line needs him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks WCW great report.👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

WCW (and your locum) many thanks.  
What did she mean exactly by “Impressive one-on-one Kentfield v May.”??

May impressive v new boy, or new boy impressive v May??

Very interested in any other observations on Kentfield.  Supermen in disguise field ? 

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, monoccular said:

WCW (and your locum) many thanks.  
What did she mean exactly by “Impressive one-on-one Kentfield v May.”??

May impressive v new boy, or new boy impressive v May??

Very interested in any other observations on Kentfield.  Supermen in disguise field ? 

She meant Luker was impressive v May. Not afraid to use his body.

Since it’s behind the fence at Casey it’s hard to glean much. But what she could see was pleasing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Training was at Casey today. I would’ve attended except my passport’s out of date. 😂

My very dear DA buddy (sister from another mister) attended and gave me her notes. Bear in mind she was behind the fence watching from a distance since it’s Richo’s decision to open the gate to fans and today he obviously decided against it. Most of the drills were on the opposite side of the ground. She arrived late therefore only saw part of the session. This is what she sent me…

• Intense serious full-on drills

• Focus on speed through middle

• Viney super fast very fit very determined 

• All talls practice up forward: Verrall, Adams, KFW, Kentfield Jefferson. One-on-one with backs.

• Impressive one-on-one Kentfield v May.

• Clearly focussing on super fast run and carry.

•Kynan very very fast

• 11am match sim. For 13 mins
In white vests…Billings Kolt BBB Jefferson Kentfield Verrall Kynan McAdam Howes Tmac Laurie Chin Fullarton Tomlinson and #51 (? don’t know who, too far away)

• Not a slithera in sight

I added the last one 🤭

Great work by your locum WCW and as I said I was called at the last minute to look after the Grandkids and they are not old enough to be left unattended not even for a minute. My Grandson would have grabbed a slithera by the throat flung him away and looked for others to terminate, he is a real BAM BAM Type. If its a lady acquaintance of yours WCW I do see a person from time to time checking out training and have spoken to her. Like you she is heavily invested. Hopefully next few weeks I can venture to Slithera city and present a report!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

How pathetically mean spirited of Richo to keep the gates shut so the (I imagine) 20 or so people attended had to watch from outside the fence.

All power to your friend WCW.

Closed training sessions are not uncommon.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JTR said:

Closed training sessions are not uncommon.

But this isn't "closed" because you can watch it through the wire fence.  You reckon that a Collingwood forward scout couldn't have seen it if he'd wanted to.

We should be embracing dedicated and passionate supporters, not punishing them.  If you want a closed session have it at another venue and don't advertise it. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 2

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Brilliant work WCW.

Good news about JVR. Our forward line needs him.

And Max

• Like 2

Pity the report didn’t include a description of plenty of players receiving a big 🚀 

But thanks v much nonetheless 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Great work by your locum WCW and as I said I was called at the last minute to look after the Grandkids and they are not old enough to be left unattended not even for a minute. My Grandson would have grabbed a slithera by the throat flung him away and looked for others to terminate, he is a real BAM BAM Type. If its a lady acquaintance of yours WCW I do see a person from time to time checking out training and have spoken to her. Like you she is heavily invested. Hopefully next few weeks I can venture to Slithera city and present a report!

I’d say the lady you’ve spoken with at Casey is indeed my fellow-Dees nuffie buddy. She attends many sessions at ”Crannie” as she calls it since she lives in Frankghanistan, as I call it. 😂 She told me on occasion she’s chatted with a creepy old guy. Anyone we know? 😂

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Pity the report didn’t include a description of plenty of players receiving a big 🚀 

i think it was this week that i heard a description that most coaches affect the role of 'disappointed dad' rather than 'screaming and abusive' these days

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sydee said:

At the end of the session Clarrie and Goody had a long talk out in the middle, just the two of them. She said it looked like a serious convo. I told her maybe they were talking about Clarrie’s skills of late and she said it’s funny I should say that because while they were talking Clarrie was dropping a footy to his boot and kicking it back up to himself over and over. Well, of course, it had to happen: he kicked it and it sprung up and hit him in the face. He and Goody laughed so I’m guessing the chat wasn’t about Clarrie’s skills. 😁

PS I seriously think a sherrin is like a security blanket to Clarrie. I’ve noticed that he’s almost always holding one during training, even when balls aren’t being used. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How pathetically mean spirited of Richo to keep the gates shut so the (I imagine) 20 or so people attended had to watch from outside the fence.

All power to your friend WCW.

20 at Casey would be considered a huge crowd. My buddy has been there many times when she’s the only spectator. She said normally when there’s bugger all people, such as there was today, Richo unlocks the gate. Today for whatever reason he chose not to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1