PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Anything we do as a group is considered official cheer squad activity. We have to abide by the AFL rules - every cheer squad does - or risk steep fines. 

Just pay the 10 cents they want WCW and then just go Beresrker!😍🤩😂

12 minutes ago, layzie said:

Who's on the undercard for the Maynard fight?

My good self with Lightsaber gonna trim Darcy's locks! 

• Haha 1

Childish and wildly unbecoming of a professional sporting organisation I know, but a big part of me wanted us to select the biggest meat-axe in Australian country footy in the mid season draft.  Roll him out on King's Birthday, clearly unfit, slightly overweight, covered in prison tattoos and with no business being anywhere near an AFL list, just to end Maynard's career just after the first bounce with a despicable behind the play hit not seen since the early 80s.  Then take his 20 week suspension, delist at the end of the year and we can all move on with our lives.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, BigFez said:

Childish and wildly unbecoming of a professional sporting organisation I know, but a big part of me wanted us to select the biggest meat-axe in Australian country footy in the mid season draft.  Roll him out on King's Birthday, clearly unfit, slightly overweight, covered in prison tattoos and with no business being anywhere near an AFL list, just to end Maynard's career just after the first bounce with a despicable behind the play hit not seen since the early 80s.  Then take his 20 week suspension, delist at the end of the year and we can all move on with our lives.

This guy?

A819DA64-EA19-4B93-90EA-8108865FF2C7.thumb.jpeg.6ffd12da8ef19f5ff3044407357edd1b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 1

36 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

This guy?

A819DA64-EA19-4B93-90EA-8108865FF2C7.thumb.jpeg.6ffd12da8ef19f5ff3044407357edd1b.jpeg

This individual (unsure of gender). Lives in a Manor north of Melbourne. A little bit crazy. Has multiple Intervention orders. 😂😳🤓😉🤩🤪

Pin on Matthew's new haircutsPin on Matthew's new haircuts

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

This individual (unsure of gender). Lives in a Manor north of Melbourne. A little bit crazy. Has multiple Intervention orders. 😂😳🤓😉🤩🤪

Pin on Matthew's new haircutsPin on Matthew's new haircuts

Oh I know about the (many) intervention orders. The Sunshine Magistrates’ Court is my second home. 😑

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, DubDee said:

game is tomorrow why are the teams out yet?!

Yes it’s another twist in the Dees naming a team mini series.   Maybe we are tossing coins over Laurie 🤢or Billings 🤮(to replace Hunter) or whether it’s BBB 🚑 or Fullarton in this week to replace Turner.  I think it’s JVR & BBB as the forward options.  Not sure Petty stays in (???). 

• Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

18 hours ago, COOLX said:

I am expecting a 40 pt loss to the Dees. The woods may have injury carnage however we don't have any forwards , our midfield is shot and defence is fair.  I expect the dogs, lions and hawks to jump us on the ladder with the next 3 weeks.

Goody and co. must go. We need to trade Petty , Clarry , Chandler , Tommo and much more.

I retain some faith in Chandler and perhaps, Tomlinson; Petty may well surprise all of our 'naysaying' as he can turn it on.

On 05/06/2024 at 16:36, Superunknown said:

Dear me if he actually said “Simon Says” I’d be so gloriously happy. That is gold. 

We should have retained and groomed Yze. 

Strange how three weeks can markedly change your view. I now see our side as in need of some change and renewal. We miss Gus big time, our forward line is a shambles and the loss of Yze to Richmond may now be showing that he is a big loss. We seem to have lost our spark. For me this weekend is about today. I am very interested in the  Casey game. The weather will have some effect but I look forward to seeing who has made progress and who shows any signs of being a top level player. I am really looking forward to seeing the new light from the west. Tomorrow is about who has the least impact from injuries. IMO neither team will win a flag in 2024 or even make the top 4. 

• Thinking 1

In the scheme of life, One could say that the timing of a Team announcement has zero importance. Outsiders would say who cares, be patient, knowing early won’t affect the result. Hard to argue.

However, the AFL and each club’s existence is acutely reliant on the passion of Club supporters. Passion creates interest, starve the interest at pay the price.

It’s not like the Game will survive on the spectacle only.

IMO, the Suits at the AFL and MFC have bugger all idea.

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

I retain some faith in Chandler and perhaps, Tomlinson; Petty may well surprise all of our 'naysaying' as he can turn it on.

Bloody hope so. We need him to get back into some form and tomorrow may well be the day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, COOLX said:

I am expecting a 40 pt loss to the Dees. The woods may have injury carnage however we don't have any forwards , our midfield is shot and defence is fair.  I expect the dogs, lions and hawks to jump us on the ladder with the next 3 weeks.

Goody and co. must go. We need to trade Petty , Clarry , Chandler , Tommo and much more.

That's as  mad as the " we wuz robbed by the Umps ,AFL and Chris Scott" posts..

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1

CASEY DEMONS
B:
 B. Howes (22), J. Adams (26), L. Kentfield (43)
HB: M. Gregory (57), T. Freeman (67), A. Moniz-Wakefield (45)
C: R. Steele (54), K. Tholstrup (39), T. Edwards (58)
HF: E. King (55)*, T. Fullarton (33), K. Brown (41)
F: M. Jefferson (21), B. Brown (50), O. Sestan (38)
R: W. Verrall (28), M. White (52), B. Laurie (16)
INT: S. McAdam (19), A. Tomlinson (20), T. Woewodin (40), D. Turner (42), J. Billings (14)
EMG: N. Moodie (48), C. Peters (63), H. Neocleous (75), M. Szybkowski (56), K. Windsor (66), B. Laplanche (68), T. Sheridan (53), R. Valentine (65)

IN: J. Billings, B. Brown, L. Kentfield, E. King, S. McAdam, A. Tomlinson, D. Turner, T. Woewodin
OUT: P. Cross (hamstring), B. Laplanche, C. Lewis, N. Moodie, H. Neocleous, M. Szybkowski, R. Valentine, K. Windsor
NEW: Luker Kentfield, 18, 194cm, Carine/Subiaco; Eddie King, 19, 177cm, Wesley Collegians

I see 16 MFC listed players there: Billings, Laurie, Tomlinson, Jefferson, McAdam, Adams, Verrall, Fullarton, Sestan, Tholstrup, Woewodin, K.Brown, Turner, Kentfield, AMW, B.Brown

I think there's 8 unavailable: Lever, Spargo, (Gus), Hunter, Melksham, Schache, Hore, (Smith)

That leaves 20 for the firsts: May, JVR, Salem, McVee, Petracca, Windsor, Viney, Gawn, Oliver, Langdon, Bowey, Howes, Rivers, TMac, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Petty, Pickett, Chandler

That means JVR and Howes likely definite ins.

And at least 4 of those 16 listed for Casey will be in or emergency too.  Would not be surprised if it's all 5 named on the Casey bench: S. McAdam (19), A. Tomlinson (20), T. Woewodin (40), D. Turner (42), J. Billings (14)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DubDee said:

Oliver ‘managed’ is my guess

He really is struggling this year. Jack Viney's been okay but he was in much better form last year. Combine Sparrow who rarely shines and you can see a once most touted midfield no longer killing it. And then throw in the catch of having to move Tracca into the fwd line and it certainly explains why the docker's slaughtered is in the clearances. The bang, bang, bang is sadly no more.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

imagine someone told you 2 months ago this game would be between 2 teams outside the 8

I would not have believed it 3 weeks ago.

17 hours ago, Brownie said:

It was icing on the cake sitting next to the AFL marketing team at lunch in a restaurant the following day. Their complete focus was not on the final series but how they could leverage maximum value for their commercial partners. I appreciate that's their job but seriously, half of them didn't even watch the whole game the night before.

It really turned me off going to AFL games completely.

Pies flag was the maximum value proposition. Would explain why they didn't watch it all as the result was known. Sports entertainment and all.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Pies flag was the maximum value proposition. Would explain why they didn't watch it all as the result was known. Sports entertainment and all.

The fact that such a scandal went unreported and unremarked is an indictment on the people that run the game. 

31 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

He really is struggling this year. Jack Viney's been okay but he was in much better form last year. Combine Sparrow who rarely shines and you can see a once most touted midfield no longer killing it. And then throw in the catch of having to move Tracca into the fwd line and it certainly explains why the docker's slaughtered is in the clearances. The bang, bang, bang is sadly no more.  

No Gus!

5 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Oh I know about the (many) intervention orders. The Sunshine Magistrates’ Court is my second home. 😑

Case brought by you or BBO

• Haha 2