POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Just an observation. 
when was the last time the players all had smiles and enjoyed the win. And each knew they had contributed to that win,

When you win and grin as a team it means everything is ok on the field and off it.

i don’t think they enjoy playing football enough.

• Like 2

What a pathetic position this club is currently in….The board led by a lame duck President cannot get us a training ground after many years in the job, ditto Pert as CEO…Alan Richardson has been our head of football which is currently in a total mess and May become worse re salary cap issues re Gus.The coaching panel has been the same for many years now without change, the list is poor…not much depth whatsoever.We desperately need to recruit another ruckman ,tall back or we will end up in bottom 4., in no time.In my opinion , the recruiting over the last couple of years has been poor.Gaining, McADam, Billings, Fullerton have been poor choices indeed.We are very inconsistent , and our so  called elite footballers  are also in and out.( go missing)- need a major review with a lot of heads chopped .

This is my view as a 73 year old, 50 year member .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 2

King and Dicko (who I don’t rate much but he was good) savaged us on First Crack. Showed stats that it was our worst loss in a decade. 

Showed numerous bits of vision of the confusion between the kick/mark game vs the long down the line. The group is stuck somewhere in between and don’t know what to do. King said if we don’t go back to our contested game our season will just wither and die.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BoBo said:

I think if you are being objective that is true on the whole. Their 1 wood ability to ensure first use of the ball is just so great that the lack of skills has been outweighed (Ollie’s hands in close have historically been amazing to be fair). Tracc and Ollie definitely have pace to burst away from packs, but I don’t think we’ve seen that this year as much as previous years. 

But this year we have seen them lose contested possessions and clearance which is what their strength is. Makes them much less damaging. 

That’s not to diminish what they can do or have accomplished, but I doubt there’s anyone that thinks of Tracc/Ollie/Viney and thinks sublime foot skills or blistering pace.

Well just ask binman .....

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I can’t comment, you know that. 

Why??WHY,? if u cant comment and have access to info WCW Then maybe then dont post at all! JUST SAYING not sure u cant have it both ways!!

So whats it to be?????

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

Free Wavy GIF - Free Wavy Colors GIFs

Yeah, I was thinking that.

Looked like they were planning for a Business Trip and an Acid Test but somebody got mixed up and it’s all a blur after the plane.

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I can’t comment, you know that. 

Why Why if u cant comment and have access to info WCW Then maybe then dont post at all! JUST SAYING not sure u cant have it both ways!!

30 minutes ago, WheeloRatings said:

Here is each team's last 90+ point loss:

Melb 2024 R12
WC 2024 R11
Rich 2024 R10
Ess 2023 R23
NM 2023 R7
Syd 2023 R6
Carl 2021 R22
GC 2021 R20
St K 2021 R10
Frem 2019 R16
Adel 2018 R10
Bris 2018 R4
Coll 2015 R21
Geel 2014 R11

GWS 2014 R10
WB 2012 R10
Port 2011 R21
Haw 2006 R11

Glad to be back 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Goodwin kept mentioning “inconsistency” but leaves out the elephant in the room. It hasn’t been just playing  bad games, more like being completely uncompetitive in every department. We have been dishing up wooden spoon stuff in between solid performances. Something wrong upstairs, too much self satisfaction, arrogance and lack of respect for lesser clubs. D 

Consistency is a massive problem for the whole club because they’ve adopted a game plan that only works when we get the game on our terms. Unfortunately, once the opposition gets on top of clearance and possess the ball, we have no answer. If you remember 2018 we also had a massive consistency issue where we had a game that could absolutely belt teams but as soon as the opposition got their way we had no answer (think the PF, the round 4 debacle against the Hawks). 

If Goodwin persists with this game style, we’re basically saying goodbye to the season.

Teams can make fundamental changes midway through the year. Carlton did it last year. We need to make the change now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

What a pathetic position this club is currently in….The board led by a lame duck President cannot get us a training ground after many years in the job, ditto Pert as CEO…Alan Richardson has been our head of football which is currently in a total mess and May become worse re salary cap issues re Gus.The coaching panel has been the same for many years now without change, the list is poor…not much depth whatsoever.We desperately need to recruit another ruckman ,tall back or we will end up in bottom 4., in no time.In my opinion , the recruiting over the last couple of years has been poor.Gaining, McADam, Billings, Fullerton have been poor choices indeed.We are very inconsistent , and our so  called elite footballers  are also in and out.( go missing)- need a major review with a lot of heads chopped .

This is my view as a 73 year old, 50 year member .

You are blaming the current president for not having a training ground we have two and won a premiership with that so that's a rubbish comment as for pert, the club financially is the best it has been, agree on coaching staff I have been on that for two years the club can go two ways continue on it's path, or make changes for longer term I think Goodwin will continue the same path and we will have wins and depending on other games to make finals as this is a close season.

What today showed is the lack of foot and hand skills and decision making, and a gameplan that shows we are not good two way runners.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, WheeloRatings said:

Here is each team's last 90+ point loss:

Melb 2024 R12
WC 2024 R11
Rich 2024 R10
Ess 2023 R23
NM 2023 R7
Syd 2023 R6
Carl 2021 R22
GC 2021 R20
St K 2021 R10
Frem 2019 R16
Adel 2018 R10
Bris 2018 R4
Coll 2015 R21
Geel 2014 R11

GWS 2014 R10
WB 2012 R10
Port 2011 R21
Haw 2006 R11

Bloody hell it would be nice to see the Hawks get serious flogged soon. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Well just ask binman .....

I’ll be brutally honest I don’t like the pretty consistent invoking of binmans name around here when we lose. I see multiple posters doing what you just did or saying something along the lines of ‘gee can’t wait for binman to comment on this’.

The guy gives his opinions from what I’ve seen malice free unless provoked, is reasonable in his analysis in that he offers evidence and reasoning to his thoughts (which A LOT of posters on here are incapable of doing) and devotes his time free of charge to doing the podcast.

If you disagree that’s fine. But if you or any other poster wants to say something about Binman, say something straight to Binman and don’t do it surreptitiously by just dropping his name.

It’s petty and conveys cowardice. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Clap 4

Wall papering over cracks does not help anyone. No way are we good enough for 2024.  Foolish to think otherwise.  A new plan please and new resolve plan for 2025.

and I like Binman’s  comments  he knows more about football than I do 

I just suffer MFCSS in silence 

4 minutes ago, BoBo said:

I’ll be brutally honest I don’t like the pretty consistent invoking of binmans name around here when we lose. I see multiple posters doing what you just did or saying something along the lines of ‘gee can’t wait for binman to comment on this’.

The guy gives his opinions from what I’ve seen malice free unless provoked, is reasonable in his analysis in that he offers evidence and reasoning to his thoughts (which A LOT of posters on here are incapable of doing) and devotes his time free of charge to doing the podcast.

If you disagree that’s fine. But if you or any other poster wants to say something about Binman, say something straight to Binman and don’t do it surreptitiously by just dropping his name.

Yeah, he gives me the irrits with the loading talk and is generally more glass half full than I am but people are talking like he’s the reason we got spanked today.. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoBo said:

Yeah need to just cool it on the Binman binning.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Why??WHY,? if u cant comment and have access to info WCW Then maybe then dont post at all! JUST SAYING not sure u cant have it both ways!!

So whats it to be?????

Yes we are all anonymous on here. 
There are ways to convey information, without divulging too much…

6 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Yeah, he gives me the irrits with the loading talk and is generally more glass half full than I am but people are talking like he’s the reason we got spanked today.. 

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yeah need to just cool it on the Binman binning.

It’s fine to disagree and I welcome it, but dropping his name whilst talking around him to have a dig is purely spite driven toxicity.

• Like 1

Petty goes back

Tomlinson forward

I have never been so short of ideas to change things around in 60 plus years of optimism. 
Bewildered by sameness of Chandler, Spargo, Laurie, Billings

Bewildered by sameness of tall forwards. 

Bewildered we didn’t make the obvious decision on Brayshaw pre draft. Based on ongoing health concern.

1 hour ago, 640MD said:

Just an observation. 
when was the last time the players all had smiles and enjoyed the win. And each knew they had contributed to that win,

When you win and grin as a team it means everything is ok on the field and off it.

i don’t think they enjoy playing football enough.

Great observation. I’ve been thinking along these lines for some time now. I think it has a LOT to do with the game plan. ‘Contest’ + ‘Defense’. The players have lost their creativity & flair which would be a bi-product of an attacking game plan. Which we do not have. Players are tired & bored of the same negative mindset. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes we are all anonymous on here. 
There are ways to convey information, without divulging too much…

Yer BULLSHEEIT