POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

3 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I am glad tht a few posters are starting to question the recruiting of Kolt. It was an obscure pick at the time and looks to have backfired. Traded up for a run of the mill kid. Too smart for our own good on that one

So you’ve written him off after one senior game and 9 VFL games?

Ryan Gosling Barbie GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I am glad tht a few posters are starting to question the recruiting of Kolt. It was an obscure pick at the time and looks to have backfired. Traded up for a run of the mill kid. Too smart for our own good on that one

Wouldn't call it a bust, but he seems like a very similar player to viney, Oliver, sparrow. Big physical body without the athleticism or outstanding skills. But he has the competitive side that we lack

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I think they call this jumping the gun 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BDA said:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned the C word yet.

Been said thousands of time during the game I thought...

• Haha 3

On 02/06/2024 at 17:07, pitmaster said:

Never let the facts get in the way eh? Freo's bunnies? How so, since we'd won 2 of the previous 4, and 4 of the previous 7 going in to today's debacle.

We'd lost the past two, quite convincingly. Never let facts blah blah.

• Sad 1

On 02/06/2024 at 15:45, Fat Tony said:

-32 inside 50s. Our midfield has fallen off a cliff and we rely on Max dominating to have a chance. 

Thanks for making a factual, reasonably sensible argument re our midfield! Whilst I disagree that it’s a midfield issue, it’s a very good well-made point 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, kozzyisalegend said:

Wouldn't call it a bust, but he seems like a very similar player to viney, Oliver, sparrow. Big physical body without the athleticism or outstanding skills. But he has the competitive side that we lack

A bust? Wowsers.. just.. wowwell down for quoting this with composure mate.. unreal 

Edited by Tolstoys Nudge
  • Like 1

Jefferson has got to come in, Petty must go out or go back to the backline, he’s hopeless forward. I cannot understand why TMac wasn’t sent forward and Petty back, Tom is way better up forward. 
anyway Goodwin has wasted what is easily the best list we’ve had in my lifetime, and I doubt if I’ll see a premiership again, never really saw it except on TV. At least we won one I suppose but jeez I wish we had have got Yze before he left, he’s twice the coach Goodwin is!!

Jefferson only comes in later in the season for a taste of AFL action should his purple patch continue at VFL level, no chance they're debuting him now, especially not on Queen's (King's) Birthday #PTSD

• Like 2

our current team is playing poorly and there is no immediate replacements, just replacing out of form players with others that are only making it in the team because they need to make changes. how quickly we have gone backwards, how many handpasses were to the ground instead of to players, turnover after turnover. stupid zone defense that was no defense, just a bunch of witches hats that they ran around and did as they wanted. such a soul destroying effort, petty was hopeless up forward and possible worse in the ruck.  throw him back into defence of the VFL. he has certainly devalued his worth in next years trade period when he wants to go to SA.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Expected score was a 58* point loss rather than around 3 figures, figures!

It was a terrible terrible loss, and big changes are needed if we're to contend, but there are quite a few overreacting on this forum. Season isn't over. the competition is crazy from week to week. Only Sydney and North are consistent. 3rd to 10th with one performance. Let's get back on track. GO Dees.

Edited by John Demonic
math bad
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, waynewussell said:

Further to my post on selection,

Casey have been reasonably competitive, depending a little on how many MFC listed players actually take the field. There have only been two blow outs, 41 points loss to Hawks, round 1 and 32 points loss to Willy, round 6. Other losses have been -20, -14, -13, and -7. Those scores suggest to me that a solid game for Casey gives a listed player the right to feel he is on track to be considered for senior selection if the opportunity arises.

AMW has averaged 24.5 disposals in 9 games

K Brown has averaged 18 disposals in 9 games

Fullarton has averaged 17 disposals in 7 games

It is a much healthier club that recognizes performances by fringe players at the lower level and rewards consistent effort rather than gifts 'name' players games when they aren't performing at either level.

There is something very valid about that, reflecting on team selections but what can we do about it?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

Expected score was a 58* point loss rather than around 3 figures, figures!

It was a terrible terrible loss, and big changes are needed if we're to contend, but there are quite a few overreacting on this forum. Season isn't over. the competition is crazy from week to week. Only Sydney and North are consistent. 3rd to 10th with one performance. Let's get back on track. GO Dees.

It’s above the shoulders. The Players have got to WANT to get back on track. 
Yesterday after 5 Minutes, they all chucked it in….

WHY…?

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

I must admit I didn't watch the game live I was at work. I ended up watching the first half of the replay. My thoughts were we started off great I thought our first 10 minutes was good then Rivers couldn't hit the target which resulted in a goal Windsor couldn't hit the target which resulted in a goal then McDonald turned it over which resulted in a goal and we were behind the 8 ball. I thought Viney and Pickett could hold there head up high in the first quarter. The second quarter was a joke they strolled thorugh the centre clearances. They kicked straight and it didn't help that Amiss mark wasn't a mark and Treacy's free kick was not a free kick.

The Collingwood game is a line in the sand game. I still don't think we can get over the schlacking.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SPC said:

I’m actually feeling okay after the loss. Have reverted back to the mode that has carried me through most of my supporter life.. ‘zero expectations as we are [censored]’ … again. 

[censored] that, I've had enough of that - if that's where it's going then my interest will wane significantly (it already has to be honest)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1711 said:

Jefferson has got to come in, Petty must go out or go back to the backline, he’s hopeless forward. I cannot understand why TMac wasn’t sent forward and Petty back, Tom is way better up forward. 
anyway Goodwin has wasted what is easily the best list we’ve had in my lifetime, and I doubt if I’ll see a premiership again, never really saw it except on TV. At least we won one I suppose but jeez I wish we had have got Yze before he left, he’s twice the coach Goodwin is!!

TMac forward is the dumbest move ever,hopefully that's supporter stupid not FD hopeless

Petty back makes sense though ,  he was good there over a period of time as opposed to a couple of weeks forward

Maybe it has to be in the twos though 

It's a pity that by the time Goodwins retrenched ( after a KB loss?) There  won't be any obvious alternatives with excellence who will want to coach on Goschs Paddock.

12 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

To me it can only be one of two things, the coach has lost the players or the gameplan is outdated and not working and the coach / coaches are doing nothing about it. The players know where they’re at in terms of premiership window, i’d be frustrated if I was playing at the club. We can keeping citing top 4 finishes the last 2 seasons but that’s starting to wear this. Again as an example, look at the way Collingwood took the game on in their on Friday night. 

It's only a top 4 finish if you make the Prelim. Straight sets exits are 5th/6th placed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

[censored] that, I've had enough of that - if that's where it's going then my interest will wane significantly (it already has to be honest)

Some of my best memories after the 21 finals and the Norm Smith years were the Neeld era when I would go to the G on Fridsy night and watch good teams compete without having to suffer angst if my favoured option lost.

Skills on display