NON-MFC: Round 10

8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

How can The AFL allow incorrect disposal to go on, just because the player has made any sort of attempt to get rid of the ball😡

I would love to know who the person is, who signed off on this abomination. 

there are 3 ways to get rid of the ball

Kick, hand pass with a clenched fist or a Tap on

That is it, anything else is not Australian Football…

Clarry gets pinged a microsecond after being tackled even if he gets a handball away.  CFC (both of them) get an eternity, then throw it or drop it - play on. 
MFCSS kicking in hard. 

• Like 7

Just now, monoccular said:

Clarry gets pinged a microsecond after being tackled even if he gets a handball away.  CFC (both of them) get an eternity, then throw it or drop it - play on. 
MFCSS kicking in hard. 

Especially Cripps and Softly Daicos!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Smokey said:

When's the last time we lost a game like Carlton did last night? 2019? 

We're not perfect, but at least we never get blown away like that. 

It would’ve been in 2020 against Port by about 50 points at the Gabba. 
Our biggest loss since the end of 2020 is 38 points to Freo at the G in 2022 and we were leading that game by around 30 points in the second quarter.

We’ve faced deficits of close to 50 against Brisbane twice but somehow managed to lose by only 11 and 22.
And of course 40 odd points down at the Cattery in 2021 before we stormed home for the minor premiership. 

Like you said we aren’t perfect, but if people can’t see this current team is one competitive beast even when things aren’t going their way it’s their prerogative to scream and shout at close losses. 
I, amongst others will enjoy every game from this current crop.

• Like 3
  • Clap 4

JJ would not be the difference between us winning a flag this year or not. Likewise he is not going to be the reason the Swans win one. Grundy is a different story because of the position he plays. Swans desperately needed a good ruck once Hickey retired. 
I wish them both the best and hold no bad feelings towards either. If you want to cry over a player we’ve lost who will really hurt us, cry over Jackson. That’s a generational talent that would have been a decade long replacement for Gawn once he retires. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

MFCSS kicking in hard. 

Agreed. Clarry is getting crucified week in week out. The general inconsistency on holding the ball is mind blowing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Nope southern stand 70's

I stand corrected.

4 hours ago, MT64 said:

That banner was painted using a reversal vacuum cleaner at a mates place. Some of it stayed on the footpath and his Dad was not happy.  One year playing Essendon we has so much paper that four days later the wing on their dung heap was still covered and their players were running through the mess bending down to scoop handfulls up. Picture was printed in the Herald Sun. Boy we laughed hard with that one.

Fantastic ... fun times MT!  Some very creative people around in that era.  Alot of free spirits came out of the 60s and comtinued that into the 70s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 640MD said:

Yes the late john Hartmann was the pres after Mal. ( don’t think there was anyone else) 3 or 4 rows on the first level middle of the wing 

Hi 640MD. I remember him. He wore a torn up old red & blue cap to our games and was part of the 'grog squad' that stood behind the cheer squad with Ian Ball and 'Animal' in the 1980's. I started running the CS with some friends from around the mid 80's when we sat near the race in the Northern Stand. From memory our immediate predecessors were the Galvins and a guy called Peter Burley? It sounds like you were from the era before them maybe?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Gold Coast

Norf (GC)  vs Cats (Demons)

Edited by Demon Dynasty

Super proud dad moment to report.

Heading to Coles with my 11-year-old daughter this morning. The Sydney Carlton game was mentioned on radio while we were driving there.

My daughter said, “please tell me Carlton didn’t win”.

I asked why she didn’t want Carlton to win. She said “because Carlton. And Collingwood", while waving her finger in a shaking her head in a No No gesture. "We don't ever want them to win".

I told her to add Essendon to the list and gave her a big hug when we got out of the car.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, MT64 said:

I think you mean the Northern stand. In the 60's we were behind the Richmond end goals.

I didn't think from my memory the Northern end had seats. I thought it was standing room only, on cans.

3 hours ago, monoccular said:

MFCSS kicking in hard. 

TWSNBN and Carlton best exponents at this. There is another one as well, someone must have said to both those teams that they have a free hand to tackle above the shoulder indiscriminately and not get pinged

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Fantastic ... fun times MT!  Some very creative people around in that era.  Alot of free spirits came out of the 60s and comtinued that into the 70s

Dunno about "free' and the music was fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDA said:

Heading to Coles with my 11-year-old daughter this morning. The Sydney Carlton game was mentioned on radio while we were driving there.

I asked why she didn’t want Carlton to win. She said “because Carlton. And Collingwood", while waving her finger in a shaking her head in a No No gesture. "We don't ever want them to win".

I told her to add Essendon to the list and gave her a big hug when we got out of the car.

Excellent parenting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BDA said:

A true moment of father daughter bonding.

Don't forget to educate her about Hawthorn.

Well done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

300% better?

He’s averaging 16.7 disposals (up 3 on last year with us), 3.7 marks (up 1), 4.2 tackles (up 2), and 4.9 score involvements (up 1). But from 25% more TOG than he was getting last year.

He’s playing better, but not by anywhere near that much. And if he and we had known Gus wasn’t going to be play this year, he may well still be here. 

Statistically a bit better, but what about the job he’s been doing on the dangerous opposition?

Held Walsh to 20 instead of 30-35. Did outstanding jobs on Clark from Freo and Whitfield from GWS.

He’s been a significantly improved player from his MFC days, particularly from a consistency point of view.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

A true moment of father daughter bonding.

Don't forget to educate her about Hawthorn.

Well done.

We've played the Hawks as a sat evening twilight fixture in recent years. She's got to see us beat them regularly, so they are not on her radar at all as a team to dislike.

Don't worry though. If they ever get their act together (hopefully never) i'll be sure to provide another parental history lesson. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Father of the Year right there. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1