van Rooyen - concerning form issues 

Howes - didn't have matchup 

McVee - didn't have matchup 

Pickett - baby blues perhaps  

Fritsch - bruise free footy

Petty - compo pick crows

Woewodin - 9 disposals sub

Turner - Mcadam is close 

Bit hard to play football when you wear this...images(4).jpeg.87aa19e09af6fe6556bdf1b61c6dd9c4.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

Petracca - 2nd Half Dominance 

Neal-Bullen - the usual display

Gawn - showed some mongrel 

Viney - wear and tear 

Oliver - stat padding performance 

Sparrow - in our best 

Windsor - confidence is growing

Billings - time for Casey

May - AA contention again 

Chandler - struggled in conditions 

Rivers - Top 10 player

Langdon - dropped off badly 

Bowey - rejuvenated and composed 

Lever - no aerial impact 

McDonald - tried and tried 

van Rooyen - concerning form issues 

Howes - didn't have matchup 

McVee - didn't have matchup 

Pickett - baby blues perhaps  

Fritsch - bruise free footy

Petty - compo pick crows

Woewodin - 9 disposals sub

Turner - Mcadam is close 

Billings was very good, what game were you watching? Agree with Fritsch, Van Rooyen and Turner!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lost in middle

All caught napping

Kozzy - On the lateshift?

Chin - a bad shin?

Tracc - Did not crack

Nibbla - Looked a middler

Clazz - Goodz to Badz

Jack - Bachman-Turnover Overdrive (9)

Maxy - Not a Patsy

Sparrow - Ate his marrow?

Duke - Did not puke

Billings - Bit more willings

May - Earned his Pay

Trent - Little bit spent

Ed - No talking horse

Bowey - Life on Mars?

Rick - Not so slick

T-Mac - Tiny bit slack

Roohey - Little bit poohey

Blake - Too much steak?

Judd - Little bit crudd

Fritta - Too much pitta?

Petty - Turned to confetti

Woey - Better than Bowey?

Disco - Murder on dancefloor

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)

Van Rooyen is still a kid.  We have thrown him to the wolves and he is monstered most weeks.  He needs more forward line support and I fear if he does not get more support, we will ruin his confidence.

Edited by I'va Worn Smith
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/05/2024 at 09:09, 640MD said:

The number of times in the rounds so far that we have scored zero or one or two goals for the quarter   Tells you we have serious attack problems ( as if we did not know) that have not been addressed.

no finals team with a chance can afford this error we need a dedicated forward coach with ability and expertise in the forward line. This is not to denigrate existing coaches  but it is not good enough.

it is wasting the talents of Gawn Viney Petrarca and Oliver not to mention Salem

May and Lever   These players were too hard to get to waste.  One flag is not enough it’s a fail !

Well we were certainly a chance last year. Despite the rampant injuries to our fwd line we still would have beaten the filth if Gus was knocked out and had his career ended. We were flat from that and with Laurie as the sub ( a very poor call) we lost. 

The year prior we struggled again with our fwd line come finals.

It is interesting that there has been a dearth of big solid experienced forwards since 21. The club tried the woeful Grundy idea but that was a huge flop. With hindsight any bloke that's almost seven foot an averages about two or three marks a game was never going to be a forward and if they really thought it put would have considered how bad Max is at goal kicking twenty out.

But we were right in replacing Jackson. Just tough times with a shortage of talls. Won't get any easier with Tassie on the horizon.

Thankfully Tmac has come good even if it's in defence.

But Bbb who started well is perhaps the Bbb of 22 finals when he was lost for them both.

And Petty....well we saw what he can do again v the cats but sadly looks back to his slump again.

I said pregame that our fwd line was a real unknown quantity.

Sure Fritta and Kozzie are reliable but the talls in Turner, Petty and now Jvr are not. So if you can stop Frittas and Kozzie than it's alarm bells.

The big news is Tracca as a fwd again but alas we are robbing ourselves in the middle.

But I'm with you....

It is incredibly l frustrating to go out in straight sets and I feel too that we are seeing a generational team slipping through it's destiny.

I do think we don't bat very deep. As said we are missing a big reliable solid fwd and we need a couple more decent mids. 

• Like 1

I fear Van Rooyen is the next Weideman - certainly has the same marking  traits, reluctant to chase, prefer to mark from behind. He is however a much better kick

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 6
  • Thinking 2
  • Shocked 1

I think JVR is following a very clear trajectory. He has some good and some bad games, but always tries. He is young but has aggression. I think next year will be the one where he will really emerge, and will end up being a Brereton-style CHF and a champion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sargent Shultz said:

I fear Van Rooyen is the next Weideman - certainly has the same marking  traits, reluctant to chase, prefer to mark from behind. He is however a much better kick

I suspect that you "know nothing", Schultz

JVR and Weed are poles apart - JVR shows more aggression in every contest than (great guy) Weed did ever.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, demosaw said:

JVR is developing well and is ahead of reasonable expectations. Will be fascinating to see his career unfold and where he finally ranks against great demon forwards.

I love his intent. He's still young. But I think his form last year was better than this season .

He's still developing and I believe a future very good and long term player for the club.

• Like 4

Oliver-Kicks to advantange every time off a step in no space and gains distance.

Billings-Why?

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 13:58, SthSea22 said:

Billings - time for Casey

Explain Facebook Live GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Explain Facebook Live GIF

None needed.A week too late.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Biffen said:

None needed.A week too late.

Explain it to me like I’m a 5yo

please

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Haha 1

On 11/05/2024 at 13:45, Sargent Shultz said:

I don't know why people keep making this comparison. JVR kicked 28 goals as a first year key forward. Weideman has never even reached 20 goals in a season despite being on a list since 2016.

• Like 3
  • Clap 3

5 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I love his intent. He's still young. But I think his form last year was better than this season .

He's still developing and I believe a future very good and long term player for the club.

JVR certainly knows by now how not to get into the play and how not to distribute distribute possessions well. He has gone through the 'learnings' for sure; now is the moment where his interpretations and resolutions as a result of these 'learnings' turn the tide for the MFC (and his own game contributions). Don'tcha reckon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Explain it to me like I’m a 5yo

please

I'll try.

He's not good enough for the AFL.

He's not big enough for the AFL

He can't kick gaols.

His player always beats him.

He belongs at Casey.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Biffen  Jack’s listed at 185cm a smidge under 6’1” so he is big enough, I thought he held his spot on Thursday night and would like to see him play at least the next four games to give him continuity and the chance to gain his full confidence. JB was a very good AFL player before a bad run of injuries. As Binman mentioned Only the coaches really know if he is ticking the right number of boxes or not.

Edited by DeeZone
Added Biffen

1 hour ago, DeeZone said:

Biffen  Jack’s listed at 185cm a smidge under 6’1” so he is big enough, I thought he held his spot on Thursday night and would like to see him play at least the next four games to give him continuity and the chance to gain his full confidence. JB was a very good AFL player before a bad run of injuries. As Binman mentioned Only the coaches really know if he is ticking the right number of boxes or not.

You may be right about the coaching staff giving him games.

I doubt he is 6 ft tall and if so he’s not strong enough.

Selection  may have cost us 4 points .

I hope he proves me wrong one day but I don’t think he should’ve been chosen.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Biffen said:

I'll try.

He's not good enough for the AFL.

He's not big enough for the AFL

He can't kick gaols.

His player always beats him.

He belongs at Casey.

Misread post.

Edited by leave it to deever
Misread post