My 3 word player analysis V The Beagles

joeboy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White - second rate ruckman(but paid as a first)

correct jerry , we were never going to beat the eagles in perth but at the very least we should expect some leadership from the senior players. we dont get that from white or neita.whites work around the ground and especially his disposal is ordinary.

White - second rate ruckman(but paid as a first)

For anyone who has Foxtel active, they may have caught the close up of Jeff White after the game.

He bleeds for this club, and he looked very hurt and sat there for a good 5 minutes just reflecting.

He isn't a top ruckman anymore, but he has carried us for years and I'm sure it hurts him to realise that he'll most likely retire without a premiership. Every good career comes to an end at some stage. We can't expect him to keep going forever.

For anyone who has Foxtel active, they may have caught the close up of Jeff White after the game.

He bleeds for this club, and he looked very hurt and sat there for a good 5 minutes just reflecting.

He isn't a top ruckman anymore, but he has carried us for years and I'm sure it hurts him to realise that he'll most likely retire without a premiership. Every good career comes to an end at some stage. We can't expect him to keep going forever.

Yep. He is a superstar for the club and I get sad thinking of the day he retires. I hope we keep him around the club in a coaching role. He is a top bloke and really does play for the jumper. Always has. Has always been one of my favourite players.

i didnt see the game, no access to foxtel!

so could someone please tell me if anyone did anything worth commenting on, namely sylvia, jones and bell.

thanks

It will give me some much needed pleasure to talk about these 3.

Sylvia was very good. Of course, some people who don't understand the game will look at this stats and say he was ordinary. But he kicked 3 goals, from the most limited of opportunities. Everytime the ball came his way, he made something happen. Marked strongly, and kicked truly. A great game from him.

Went off in the last and had his hammy iced, but they showed him later on in the rooms and he looked fine.

Jones was also good. Ran with Kerr for a little while and I thought did a good job. He is a goer, and he is incredibly strong. The benefit of having McLean by his side will be huge.

Belly was good as well. Played on a number of players, including Staker, who was far too tall for him, but did a good job regardless. Yet again, he was accountable, strong, gave good drive and made just one blooper from what I can remember.

Also, TJ was excellent.

so could someone please tell me if anyone did anything worth commenting on, namely sylvia, jones and bell.

thanks

Sylvia did something with it everytime he got the ball which was about 6 times. And that pretty much accounts for all of our inside-50s for the entire much.

Bruce - must be traded

Green - must be traded

Our future does not lie with these two players. Enough said.

I see your point but remember Woewodin, that would do more damage than good (even if they did a "Woewodin" at their next club)

thanks

Godfrey was also great around the contest and in the centre in the second half. Few valuable clearances.

Belly was good as well. Played on a number of players, including Staker, who was far too tall for him, but did a good job regardless. Yet again, he was accountable, strong, gave good drive and made just one blooper from what I can remember.

It's weird to me that bell's performances this year have usually been seen in far differing opinions. i thought he was terrible today....just terrible. he turned the ball over in the back half giving away goals, failed to stick tackles and lacked accountablity. he does get a hard match-up each week but imo he has a long, long, long way to go. just my opinion on his game today and i'm sure others will think differently.

nathan carroll was disgraceful..........he didn't effect one spoil on lynch....not one. most of them had nothing to do with the supply lynch was getting either. no excuses.....he was useless.

brad miller is finished. nothing more to say.

big word goes out to the new game plan which holds us in good stead for the larger grounds. it was evident today how great it's going. mind you playing an unaccountable style of game yet having all your mids "trying" to do stopping jobs also helps alot, that worked great.

a couple of positives........

not the biggest fan of godfrey, but he was sensational today. did a good stopping job and whenever we won a clearance it was usually thanks to him. we should have lost this game by 100points+ and without godfrey it would have been well over that mark.

mentions to col sylvia from limited opportunities, and also travis johnstone.

overall a terrible performance from players and coach.

It's weird to me that bell's performances this year have usually been seen in far differing opinions. i thought he was terrible today....just terrible. he turned the ball over in the back half giving away goals, failed to stick tackles and lacked accountablity. he does get a hard match-up each week but imo he has a long, long, long way to go. just my opinion on his game today and i'm sure others will think differently.

Each to their own.

Belly over-cooked one kick which cost us the turnover, but apart from that, all his passes were fairly spot on.

He had some horrible match-ups, like Staker, but he kept his head and worked his guts out.

He has been our best defender in 2007, and you can't really fault him. His opponent is yet to kick a bag.

Johnstone - gave a damn

Brown - predictable and lamentable

Ward - tried breaking lines

Bell - an ordinary game

Carroll - overwhelmed and alone

Whelan - will obviously improve

Petterd - confident and commendable

Bate - barely a whimper

McDonald - outclassed and outmuscled

Godfrey - beaten not bowed

Sylvia - continuing his resurgence

Neitz - few important touches

Bruce - displayed little endeavour

Johnson - just a plodder

White - tried but overwhelmed

Ferguson - fated into oblivion

Green - numerous meaningless possessions

Yze - resurgence has abated

Davey - not his day

Miller - disappointed yet again

Dunn - not switched on

Jones - hopefully learnt lessons

Each to their own.

Belly over-cooked one kick which cost us the turnover, but apart from that, all his passes were fairly spot on.

He had some horrible match-ups, like Staker, but he kept his head and worked his guts out.

He has been our best defender in 2007, and you can't really fault him. His opponent is yet to kick a bag.

Come on Jaded, take the blinkers off. I know we all have our players and see the good things they do and not the bad but this week, I think you are taking it a bit far. I like Belly too, and he was far from our worst, but it was probably his worst game for the year. Didn't do much rebounding, one terrible turnover, well beaten by Staker and although it was a bad matchup, Staker is not that great a player.