Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

1 minute ago, rollinson 65 said:

I do have serious issues with the arrogant ignorant. 

So how do you live with yourself then Polly?

parrot dancing GIF

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Macca said:

That's my concern

So Maynard knows that Brayshaw will veer slightly to his right as he was kicking on his right and lined him up accordingly

Basic footy 101 and as you said, Steve, the tribunal members need to know the natural movements

Except not according to this…

“Ihle (Pies) says many players who kick the ball at full tilt with their right foot go off to their left, rather than their right as Brayshaw did.”

He’s saying the exact opposite, Macca. Am I missing something?

I don’t understand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

I hope they zero in on that stutter step and question it

Yes, it would be good if @Ouch! was one of the tribunal members as he enlightened us on the stutter step

4 minutes ago, dice said:

image.png.876684c1cf5315ab96d3ce799b8ccf69.png

This seriously can't be our medical report? Adelaide buried Jack Trengove in 2011 with their medical report

That’s not the medical report they sent in. It’s the medical report that they released to fans. 
They are required to send in a proper medical report. One they would never release publicly. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Don’t you see? The AFL deliberately presented a very weak case. That way, he’ll get off, which is what they want, but it will look as though they tried to have him convicted. 

Theatre at it's incredulously absurd.

There is nothing about fairness or accountability.  It's all about smoke, mirrors...i.e optics.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Just think why it takes 4-5 years of study to become an apprentice lawyer.

Yep. Reminds me of Jean Giraudoux

There is no better way of exercising the imagination than the study of law. No poet ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer interprets the truth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

Except not according to this…

“Ihle (Pies) says many players who kick the ball at full tilt with their right foot go off to their left, rather than their right as Brayshaw did.”

He’s saying the exact opposite, Macca. Am I missing something?

I don’t understand. 

He's lying

For anyone out there ... find an open space at home and run and then feign to kick on your right foot

In the kicking action you make room and veer to your right slightly(to kick the ball straight (ish)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

I hope they zero in on that stutter step and question it

Hmmmm I wonder why that wasn’t brought up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hmmmm I wonder why that wasn’t brought up. 

They either didn't think of it or missed it

13 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Now for the 1 hour deliberations 

All show..

Decision made days ago 😉

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, biggestred said:

I don't think it'll matter. They'll just appeal and appeal and get an injunction until October

Serious question, can they get an injunction until after finals? Has that been done before and will a court of law in Australia intervene in this manner?

I would like a real lawyer to answer this Rollo… @Redleg?

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Haha 1

time for the committee to go off and have a few beers for a few hours make it look like they are discussing it when in reality they have probably already decided that his is innocent What is truely disappointing is that so many commentators and other football players are saying there is nothing wrong with this. is that the way they feel about sling tackles no, this was far worse than a sling tackle.

• Clap 2

It's like a proper golf shot ... hit it out to right to draw the ball back to the left

At my ripe old age I can still kick a footy with a draw and to do that you have to veer slightly to the right in the kicking action ... the foot goes slighty to the right working it's way to the left on the follow through

A lot of players kick the ball like that including Gus.  He can also kick on his left drawing the ball back to the left (his left is more of a hook but not too pronounced)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Min Xie said:

I saw a dark horse in GWS up-and-coming, they might be capable of knocking PA and the pies out of the finals series. Just be patient.

Yeah nah the good ship HMAS Patience has sailed. Folks on the dock waved their handkerchiefs (why did they even do this?) and it’s long gone.

Of course I’d love to see that team of reprobates crash out of the finals. But that has nothing to do with this injustice.