Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

4 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Michael Christian is horribly compromised. Why, as a former Collingwood player, is he even allowed to be involved in the process? Sounds like he wanted to argue 'no case to answer' to keep sweet with his mates and it's been leaked. Perfect outcome for him really.

Christian was reluctant to charge the thug but Laura Kane stepped in to effect the charge. Thank you, Laura!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Laura Kane already triggering Collingwood supporters lol

What a grub Tom Morris is though. Happy to set Laura Kane up for abuse. This is the same guy who was exposed as a homophobe and racist. Leopard and spots

• Like 10
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

43 minutes ago, dice said:

And as president of his peers no less. Then again, what do expect from someone who also did a "footy act" in a final and got away with it:

e7f87a300a9828a887421bb478ed6f3e.thumb.webp.5c1f25874af7f4c05163b8a71783503c.webp

Dangerfield is pond scum. If I’m sticks or Angus I’m calling this POS up and letting him have both barrels

then making a formal complaint

and then, then, I start making moves to dethrone him

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

He'll get off

I think it was a consequence of C'wood coming out to hurt Dees, the hit every consequence hard, I think we all know deep down that Maynard attacked that smother, over committed, and shaped to make the collission hurt...

But, such a short time, and in the process of a football act... They'll let him off

Don't agree. The afl release notes new gm football Laura Kane weighed with mro and endorsed grading giving Maynard 3 weeks.

Can't be downgraded due to severe impact. And she needs to see this done. I'm confident his 3 weeks stand.

Or we burn down the house and forget any serious discussion on concussion.

And fakes like dangerfield who has been disgraceful in this episodes commentary can sit quietly in the corner where he belongs.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

The footage of Jack pushing Maynard after the incident sums up Maynard. Not until Hoskin-Elliott gets involved does Maynard push back. Then when Jack isn't looking, Maynard grabs Viney by the neck... Maynard is a coward and a thug.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

seems that way from everything going around but as the appeals board can no longer up the sentence perhaps we go for it

A week for Jvr  seems soft.

I smell something bad coming.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Shocked 1

I might be alone here but I don't think Maynard should be suspended. If you watch the footage from the behind the goals angle, Maynard jumps forward and towards the left to smother the kick while Brayshaw is stepping directly forward and while Maynard is in mid air Brayshaw completes his kick and changes direction into the path of Maynard who at this point braces for impact.  We were up in arms re the Van Rooyen spoil earlier this year and I think the Maynard case is similar in that he wasn't trying to make forceful contact it is simply a collision between two players who were focussing on the ball.  While the ball carrier needs to be protected I think Maynard did this by jumping at an angle during the attempted smother.

• Facepalm 2
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 4

The millisecond that Brayshaws kick passed, Maynard should have grabbed Brayshaws shoulders to absorb the impact. 
Instead Maynard lowered his arms and pushed his right shoulder out to transfer the full impact to Brayshaws head!

Edited by Rob Mac......
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chookrat said:

I might be alone here but I don't think Maynard should be suspended. If you watch the footage from the behind the goals angle, Maynard jumps forward and towards the left to smother the kick while Brayshaw is stepping directly forward and while Maynard is in mid air Brayshaw completes his kick and changes direction into the path of Maynard who at this point braces for impact.  We were up in arms re the Van Rooyen spoil earlier this year and I think the Maynard case is similar in that he wasn't trying to make forceful contact it is simply a collision between two players who were focussing on the ball.  While the ball carrier needs to be protected I think Maynard did this by jumping at an angle during the attempted smother.

Careless, high Impact, High Contact. Regardless of whatever was going through Maynard's mind at the moment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I hope for once our club sent in a scathing medical report as opposed to being the nice guys. 
Photos of Gus’ shiner, documents about his previous condition, impact to his and his family’s well being following this nasty collision.  

Bury this thug and bury his club. Hope he misses finals and it burns in his guts forever. Payback for all the cowardly thug acts he’s committed over the years, including this one that could end the career of an actually BRAVE player who plays the ball. Not the man. 

This

i’m sick of being the good corporate citizen

victim impact statement, previous history, doctor. BURY HIM

then lodge an assault charge 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

2 minutes ago, chookrat said:

yes you are alone

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

I think Grant Thomas sums it up pretty well:

image.png.dcf3ccb6af9eab6438ea4f1e4efff790.png

This is make or break for Laura re credibility. Normally I'd agree with grants view. Not this time.

I hope the cowardly magpie army are in meltdown. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chookrat said:

Tell that to the people who want him to do an ACL or run him over with their cars..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suspect that Michael Christian did not want any involvement in this case, given his Collingwood connections. If so, he did the right thing by passing the buck upstairs. And Laura Kane has done the right thing too.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I hope for once our club sent in a scathing medical report as opposed to being the nice guys. 
Photos of Gus’ shiner, documents about his previous condition, impact to his and his family’s well being following this nasty collision.  

Bury this thug and bury his club. Hope he misses finals and it burns in his guts forever. Payback for all the cowardly thug acts he’s committed over the years, including this one that could end the career of an actually BRAVE player who plays the ball. Not the man. 

Just as Adelaide and Dangerfield did in 2011 to bury our first time offender Jack Trengove. Only difference being Dangerfield played the following week and got BOG, even with the "horrific" concussion injury he suffered at the hands of Jack

Edited by dice
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1