POSTGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Colm said:

You have got to be kidding me?!?! MRO have been about three things all season- the outcome ie what happen to the player he hit and whether he hit the head. Also how could he avoided the situation- he was front on and  decided to turn side on and collect Gus with his shoulder. Should get 4 weeks. 

Agree, he jumped in the air, chose to bump, showed absolutely no duty of care, took out Gus with extreme impact to the head and concussed the player. Add to what sort of medical report the club offers in assessing Brayshaw, I expect it to go straight to the tribunal, minimum 4 weeks every day of the season. Also Maynards record is bad and already suspended this season he has to go and go for a long time

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Who would you have brought in.

Were you happy seeing Mcstay kick 2 in a game decided by 7 points? A 3rd tall could have been useful, especially considering it's kinda worked a lot for us this year.

We picked for the weather that didn't happen.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Totally agree, lost it at selection….Grundy should have played, also Jordon. Laurie and Chandler to be dropped

JVR will be suspended, Hibberd, Oliver, TMac better for the runBrayshaw out for at least a week.Many to select though

How would Grundy have helped?  Not a forward, it's been proven.

• Like 4

Huge effort from the players. Can’t fault their ticker. I’m bitterly disappointed but at least I know the boys will crack in every week.

tough road ahead now but let’s see. Hopefully we find our shooting boots and can win the semi. And an away prelim might actually suit us if we win through.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

People wishing season ending ACL injuries to players? Seriously pull your [censored] heads in.

Why on earth are we stooping to that low, we're not the Collingwood and Carlton supporters of the world ffs.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

31 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Trying my best to hate him but there was nothing in it. He will be free to play.

No way. Maynard has to get weeks for that  Every week a player is in that exact position at all levels of football and they head straight into the player and wrap around them to avoid injury. He’s in a straight line mid air, and then turns his body so his shoulder makes contact. That is not a football act, and he had a simple choice - continue to go straight. If you lead with the shoulder in that circumstance they should throw the book at you. I’d be shocked if it’s not 3 weeks.

I’ve watched it multiple times and he had a choice. His body is straight as the ball goes over his head.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

Our forward line has been disfunctional most of the year, and just when we thought we had the answers, we lose Petty and Melksham. Fritta and T Mac missed large chucks of the season.

The game wasn't lost at the selection table. You can't blame the selection of Laurie as sub for our insipid 1st quarter. And anyone suggesting that Grundy would have made a difference are delusional. Max was brilliant as the sole ruck, and Grundy isn't a forward.

Can't see us beating the Blues next week unless Goodwin comes up with a better plan for our forward entries.

Edited by mo64
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BDA said:

Huge effort from the players. Can’t fault their ticker. I’m bitterly disappointed but at least I know the boys will crack in every week.

tough road ahead now but let’s see. Hopefully we find our shooting boots and can win the semi. And an away prelim might actually suit us if we win through.

Maxy was trying everything to get us over the line 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mickey said:

He won't get suspended for either. He's not missing a prelim for that

So is it now OK to jump headlong at high speed, leading with the shoulder, into a player off balance because he has just completed a kick? If so,there's an easy way to take out the opposition's gamebreakers.

• Clap 2

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

People wishing season ending ACL injuries to players? Seriously pull your [censored] heads in.

Why on earth are we stooping to that low, we're not the Collingwood and Carltons of the world ffs.

Because a [censored] player with form took our a guy intentionally IN A HELMET. A concussion has far worse consequences than any knee injury. 
This is a guy with form. He’s done it before and he will do it again. Imagine being Gus’ poor mum! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Wow, could never have guessed it would be wasted inside 50's and forward efficiency that would be our undoing, who could have seen that coming.

You don't get beaten by what you know. David King 

More inside 50s please. Goodwin. 

15 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Yeah I don’t like either of them as players but I don’t wish them to do career threatening injuries…I guess we are all different though. 
Agree that Gawn dominated Cox. He played a great game.

His Ruck tactics is to try and inflict damage including serous knee damage to his opposition by lead with his knees I personally would have a beautiful glass of signal malt if that tactic came back to ruin him. 

Edited by Colm
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Older demon said:

Agree, he jumped in the air, chose to bump, showed absolutely no duty of care, took out Gus with extreme impact to the head and concussed the player. Add to what sort of medical report the club offers in assessing Brayshaw, I expect it to go straight to the tribunal, minimum 4 weeks every day of the season. Also Maynards record is bad and already suspended this season he has to go and go for a long time

I think its line ball. He was obviously trying to spoil and not sure what else he could've done different on the way down. I hate the guy but I think he will get off.

Edited by Jibroni

Was strange to see Lever revving everyone  up a 3 quarter  time.

Would have been better to lead by example. No tackles from him all night and a shocking first half.

Salem would not commit at times.

May, a rock as usual.

It was our midfield in the first half tgat got smashed for 6.

Then when they started playing in the 2nd our fwd line was still broken.

Viney unusually quiet tonight.

Hunter and Langdon didn't turn up.

A tackle a piece. Ordinary efforts.

Thanks to big Maxy yet again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

No way. Maynard has to get weeks for that  Every week a player is in that exact position at all levels of football and they head straight into the player and wrap around them to avoid injury. He’s in a straight line mid air, and then turns his body so his shoulder makes contact. That is not a football act, and he had a simple choice - continue to go straight. If you lead with the shoulder in that circumstance they should throw the book at you. I’d be shocked if it’s not 3 weeks.

I’ve watched it multiple times and he had a choice. His body is straight as the ball goes over his head.

Duty of care, Maynard has none.

• Like 2

Just now, kev martin said:

Well, I thought we had grown as team, wrong again.

Back to the same old problem that has been stalking us. Taking our opportunities and converting from inside 50's.

Hopefully they can reset.

Hang in there Kev. Honestly we’ve had zero cohesion forward of the ball all year. It’s a game of inches at the top and I think we’ve been horribly unlucky with forward cohesion. TMac first game in 4 months, Fritta second in 3, JVR is going to be good but he’s literally a kid, and Brown is done. A fit Melk might have literally been the difference tonight.

We gave everything but our biggest problem all year came back to haunt us. I actually don’t think we get enough credit for what we’ve had to work with, particularly forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1