Welcome to Demonland: Shane McAdam

FrothiesLiam

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

It’s his 29th birthday today. Some positive energy sent his way is a great birthday present. 🥰  Doesn’t cost anything and you’ll feel good having done so, if for no other reason than he’s a Demons player. 

Happy 29th Birthday Smacca. Speaking of birthdays during the Kings Birthday game if you could please fly for a mark and knee Maynard really hard in the process I will stand and cheer really loudly. 
You’re right WCW, I do feel good.

• Haha 5
  • Clap 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tracca said:

i love him at the club, but our forward line ever since he took over this role has been putrid, no matter who we put down there. so this has to fall on him imo.

Tell me the tales of our forward line domination before he took the role ...

Edited by old55
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, old55 said:

Tell me the tales of our forward line domination before he took the role ...

You just need to look at the f50 efficiency numbers from 2016-2019 to work that one out old55. 

Can lead a horse to water….

18 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m sure the poster meant to describe Shane as lethargic or even languid when he used the word laconic. But because a word is misused a thousand times doesn’t make the misuse acceptable. 

The word 'Gay' wants its original meaning back

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

You just need to look at the f50 efficiency numbers from 2016-2019 to work that one out old55. 

Well you know what they say...

You Can lead a horse to water….

But a pencil must be led

I'll see myself out now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

...and where did we finish on the ladder in those years?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tracca said:

Are you specifically talking about scores per i50 or overall scores for, or both?

In that period we had much greater scores against in both categories. Subsequently we spent big on KPDs not KPFs, and we modified our style to become the best defensive team in the league and that has had a negative flow on effect to our scoring metrics, but as @rjay observes, our ladder position has improved overall.  Chaplin looks like a genius and Stafford has suffered for the cause.

As has been widely noted, this year we're trying to rebalance the ledger to score more but without sacrificing fundamental defence-first and it's a work in progress.

Edited by old55
  • Like 4

On 28/05/2024 at 10:49, Moonshadow said:

Isn't that what Petty, Roo, Turner (when fit) and Max when he drifts forward are for? To compete and bring the ball to the ground if they cannot mark? 

Regardless of being a coaching instruction, it isn't working. The best small forward we have who is electric when it comes to ground balls is flying for ridiculous hangers time and time again. One handed, often not realistic attempts, no one left on the ground. Fwiw, even the press have taken note of it.

Would've thought the best scenario would be our tall forwards compete in the marking contest. Don't mind the occasional fly, but not 3 or 4 times every week. But that's just my opinion.

Would be good to see the stats on how many scoring opportunities we get after Kossie goes for a contested mark. Don't know if those stats exist

Clearly our forward structure is working so well and effectively that we can afford to have our best small forward behave like a tall forward!

🤷

I'm in the camp that has Kozzie stay at ground level and do what he does best

That said there were a couple of occasions when Kozzie was against two saints defenders by himself and his practice from leaping helped him prevent them from marking it.

But I think in the scheme of things, if Kozzie was going to mark most of those he flies for, it would have clicked for him by now. Love his intent and courage but he just doesn't hold these and more often than not, they are unrealistic.

Stick to your crumbling KP. You are brilliant at it.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

22 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What does this even mean?

Are you saying some of us have more time to do things like correct someone else’s misuse of a word and that when you retire you’ll have time to do this? If so, you’re not doing time-spending correctly. FWIW, I have two jobs. 

Besides, in half the amount of time it took for you to reply (above) you could’ve looked up the meaning of ‘laconic’ and this conversation would never have happened.

Just having a little dig WCW at you and our other resident wordsmith @Demonstone. At times like others I find it amusing when people are corrected on their misspelling of players names and other times I’m simply too tired to care. Please go easy on me as I had a sheltered childhood, I’ve spent my whole life thinking laconic was another word for lazy, wearing grey on grey was socially acceptable if you were going to the gym and in primary school I was chess champion only to have in my late 30’s, my 15 year old stepson return from school one day to challenge me to a game and perform a move known as En Passant. I had never before heard of this and thought I was being duped, a quick google search proved that this was something else I’d gotten wrong my whole life.

• Haha 5

On 27/05/2024 at 17:05, WalkingCivilWar said:

Shane is building confidence and confidence is key. In this respect he’s come a long way since December. As Dazzle said (above) it will click for him and when it does he’ll be a weapon. I truly believe this, and more importantly, I think he does too. 

Don’t let’s be quick to write him off.

BTW, kudos to our awesome Steven May who’s taken Shane under his wing. In his words, “Maysie looks after me heaps.” Along with confidence - among other things of course -  happiness and a feeling of being settled is critical to success.

edit: forgot to mention… I met Maysie’s mum at Gosch’s on Saturday. She’s so down to earth and it’s clear he takes after her. They even have the same gait, which I found endearing. 🥹

I find your vignettes like this one of the best things about DL, especially as I’m near Lismore and will never see training! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 28/05/2024 at 07:25, jnrmac said:

I have but there are reasons he's 28yo with only 50 games. Not writing him off but have very low expectations. 

Not happy with the way kozzie is trying to look after him at every opportunity when there are better options

You do realise he was drafted at 23-24?

Edited by SthSea22
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I for one had been quite eager to see him get his chance. I will concede that i have been very disappointed in his 2 games thus far. 

He really needs a huge game in Lice (if selected)

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

I'm in the camp that has Kozzie stay at ground level and do what he does best

Stick to your crumbling KP. You are brilliant at it.

Just jumping in before @Demonstone sees this, Deeves. I’m sure he’d say we definitely don’t wanna see Kozzie crumbling at all. 😅

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

I for one had been quite eager to see him get his chance. I will concede that i have been very disappointed in his 2 games thus far. 

I just think he needs time to gel with the forward line who have played together for sometime. The footage of his ability when he was originally recruited looked like exactly what we need down the forward line and with time adjusting to how we play he will be exciting to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SthSea22 said:

He really needs a huge game in Alice, huh? Or else… what? Write him off after only three games?

We’re still kicking the tyres, ffs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He really needs a huge game in Alice, huh? Or else… what? Write him off after only three games?

You're missing the point

He needs to hit the scoreboard, 1 kick in a game is Ludacris 

• Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

You do realise he was drafted at 23-24?

Yep

And his two last seasons with the Crows he was subbed off 6 times.

Edited by jnrmac
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I mean if I see someone kicking the tyres of a vehicle I'm selling the price just went up.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I find your vignettes like this one of the best things about DL, especially as I’m near Lismore and will never see training! 

Lismore Vic, or NSW?

If it's Vic - how's The Blue Yabby? They got in on $5 latte's well before the rush, around 20 years ago 🤑

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Lismore Vic, or NSW?

If it's Vic - how's The Blue Yabby? They got in on $5 latte's well before the rush, around 20 years ago 🤑

Milk Latte minus the coffee

• Haha 2

On 28/05/2024 at 18:21, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Happy 29th Birthday Smacca. Speaking of birthdays during the Kings Birthday game if you could please fly for a mark and knee Maynard really hard in the process I will stand and cheer really loudly. 
You’re right WCW, I do feel good.

How could you utter that disgusting name?   #4💩 suffices

8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

The word 'Gay' wants its original meaning back

And Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble  I assume would agree.