Death Riding Fremantle 2023 - Feathered Cap Edition

adonski

4 hours ago, FlashInThePan said:

What if we ignore the draft entirely and package up our 2 first round picks in a trade for Ben King?

I'm not sure, but where have I heard about a trade like that in the recent past?

🛎️

3 hours ago, layzie said:

Dunno Flash, I'd love to have him but not sure how many Texas-sized checks we have left in the kitty!

Would probably require someone like BBB retiring a year early

6 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

So ideal scenario is WC last, Richmond 17th and Freo 16th?

However hard to see both NM and Hawthorn above Richmond and Freo.

No the ideal scenario is Freo finishing last...not likely but ideal non the less.

Edited by rjay

1 hour ago, rjay said:

No the ideal scenario is Freo finishing last...not likely but ideal non the less.

Unfortunately the tank is on at both West Coast and Hawthorn whereas Freo and Richmond have nothing to gain by finishing as low as possible. So I think pick 4 is the absolute best outcome we can hope for. 

West Coast, Hawks and Norf will fight to the death for that spoon. We play Hawks twice and Norf once more… so good luck to us if we think Freo finish bottom. 

• Like 1

LOL.  The bf Freo board has a thread called 'Roast - Vent Here'.

They must be wearying - just little wimpers this week rather than the earlier maddening rage.

Edited by Lucifers Hero

Very interesting game this week. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part but I give the hawks a big chance. They’ve been playing ok particularly in the first halves of games before fading in the second. A good start against freo and who knows.

I’ll be glued to this game on sat night 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

LOL.  The bf Freo board has a thread called 'Roast - Vent Here'.

They must be wearying - just little wimpers this week rather than the earlier maddening rage.

Ah yes, the acceptance phase.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, BDA said:

Very interesting game this week. Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part but I give the hawks a big chance. They’ve been playing ok particularly in the first halves of games before fading in the second. A good start against freo and who knows.

I’ll be glued to this game on sat night 

You might want to load up on booze or something. It’s going to be a very ugly poor quality game! 😆

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

looks like darcy might miss with injury this week, so dog will undoubtedly star as a starting ruckman

And Freo might then realise that he is in fact a ruckman. Damn. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

looks like darcy might miss with injury this week, so dog will undoubtedly star as a starting ruckman

Will be interesting if that happens, will leave Longmuir with a very difficult decision. Do the Hawks even have a ruckman of note?

If Mitch Lewis learns to kick straight he will be unstoppable. One of the best contested marks in the game at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Will be interesting if that happens, will leave Longmuir with a very difficult decision. Do the Hawks even have a ruckman of note?

He might not be of note, but the Hawks have Meek, the ex Docker ruckman, who dominated against Casey for the Box Hill Hawks.

Whenever I watch the Hawks play, their ruckman, Reeves I think he is, seems very ordinary.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

Freo are slops. Hawthorn have had a few close games but if Freo spank them then posters are right about hawks tanking. If fatso Darcy is out then Hawthorn has to be something of a chance.

Freo will probably win otherwise Longmuir will be lynched outside Fremantle Yacht Club.

21 minutes ago, adonski said:

Hawks knew they were in with a chance, FMD

I just saw this on Zerohanger. An utter disgrace.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Deebauched said:

Freo are slops. Hawthorn have had a few close games but if Freo spank them then posters are right about hawks tanking. If fatso Darcy is out then Hawthorn has to be something of a chance.

Freo will probably win otherwise Longmuir will be lynched outside Fremantle Yacht Club.

Let's go WC tank! 

Hoping the Eagles tank is a heavier Soviet era model.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, adonski said:

Hawks knew they were in with a chance, FMD

Managing their best players for a winnable game! I wasn't sure but I think it's absolutely obvious now that they are tanking.

I just hope that rotten club languish at the foot of the table forever more. Serves them right. And i hope North and the Eagles finish below them. 

In fact, I hope they go bankrupt. That way we won't have to put up with their insufferable supporters and God awful guernsey.

• Like 8

Managing players at round 8 when you are slop? Breust needs managing? For what... Finals?

I bet nobody at AFL house will even blink an eye about this very obvious case of tanking. That only happens to Melbourne.

Freo by 10 goals. 

• Like 10

Sam Mitchell is a genius. Nobody else can see the brilliance of his thinking.

I, for one, applaud the innovation of coming into a winnable game and 'resting' your leading goalkicker.

This also means that this is the first game since 2008 where Hawthorn haven't fielded any premiership players.

Official end of an era.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Little Goffy said:

Sam Mitchell is a genius. Nobody else can see the brilliance of his thinking.

I, for one, applaud the innovation of coming into a winnable game and 'resting' your leading goalkicker.

This also means that this is the first game since 2008 where Hawthorn haven't fielded any premiership players.

Official end of an era.

LONG MAY IT LAST

• Like 5
  • Love 2