Can we beat Sydney?

BrownlowBruce

Why not ? we beat them last year.... scg is small we are suppose to be a fit side this year.... 4 big qrt efforts.... Yze and davey on fire last week .... sydney have no match up for him and davey in their backline.... this is their chance to dominate again and prove a point... miller and dunn leadin well... lets get numbers back in the backline (white ) and co... rivers back in .... provide assistance to carrol....

Bruce on goodes ... if bruce is put in the backline i will cry...bruce kicked some tellin goals last year it will be great if he can do it again... it would be great if he can shut down the browlow medalist and peform himself...

and who knows wat to expect from the 2 newbies.... good luck to them both and CMON DEES

Why not ? we beat them last year.... scg is small we are suppose to be a fit side this year.... 4 big qrt efforts.... Yze and davey on fire last week .... sydney have no match up for him and davey in their backline.... this is their chance to dominate again and prove a point... miller and dunn leadin well... lets get numbers back in the backline (white ) and co... rivers back in .... provide assistance to carrol....

Bruce on goodes ... if bruce is put in the backline i will cry...bruce kicked some tellin goals last year it will be great if he can do it again... it would be great if he can shut down the browlow medalist and peform himself...

and who knows wat to expect from the 2 newbies.... good luck to them both and CMON DEES

The more the game gets bottled down, the greater chance we have of winning. In the past few weeks we have struggled to kick a winning score, but if we can restrict them to 10-12 goals then we're a real chance.

It's supposed to be pretty wet up here for the next couple of days as well, if anyone thinks that it could help at all :P !!!

We are no chance. None. Zilch.

And I would hope that there is always a chance......

It's supposed to be pretty wet up here for the next couple of days as well, if anyone thinks that it could help at all :P !!!

love the hope and will :-) but our skills are hardly silky at the moment...and the wet wont help

I do expect a contest without a drubbing.

go dees

The only way I can see us winning is if we shut down the game, and make it a scrappy, low-scoring affair.

Obviously there is no better team at winning the ugly contest than Sydney, but an open style of game will see them smashing us with a far superior forward line. We have beaten them at their own game the last couple of years, and if memory serves me right, we lost McLean and Neitz last year too.

We need to get back to the basics of being accountable, tackling and playing tempo footy. It won't be fun to watch, but right now, we can't be choosy on just how we win a game. Hopefully we can keep a full bench this week, which will allow the players to chase and apply more pressure than the last few weeks.

I think we could beat them. Especially if we change our kick-in tactics, and get the ball back into play before Sydney organise their zone. The kicker-in should adhere to the"first thoughts are best thoughts" mentality. The trouble is, we're missing our two best kickers-in, Wheels and Wheats. TJ shouldn't do it. He doesn't think fast enough, and botches it too often.

Also we should revise our "zones" on their kick-ins.

It's a tough ask. Our best two ball winners in Jones and McLean are out. There will be a lot of pressure on Junior and Moloney (if he plays) to win the contested ball.

Our backline looks much stronger with Rivers back. Garland in this side opens up the possibility for Miller going back should the other options not work out. That leaves a pretty inexperienced forward line though, as we'll have Garland, Dunn and the resting Jamar holding fort in the forward line. We'll also have PJ as an option at either end, though based on recent weeks I'd much prefer him back as he's shown very little as a forward.

Really I think any team's beatable. I think it unlikely that we will beat Sydney this week but I'm really excited about the contest none the less.

All agreed! Go DEES

if hall does his knee in the first minute, falls over goodes making him do his knee, who in turn falls onto spider breaking his leg, who flings his arms out knocking out both kirk and o'keefe who falls on kenellys ankle stuffing that up who inturn headbutts davis in to next week who breaks barrys ribs

all in the first minute of the first quater and then, THEN ill give us a chance :P

+ve

our first win last year was a slog against the swans (if I recall correctly)

Paul WIlliams will give us excellent insight into the swannies game plan

if we improve on last week, who knows

I may be in a time warp, but thought Buchanan was injured???

Jolly is still crap

looking forward to seeing the first gamers

-ve

we'll get murdered in the midfield which will make it hard for the backline to stand up

we're still slow

the less said the better

Sadly we have no chance-Even without the injuries our club looked atale and slow in round 1. Before everybody jumps on my back, Let me say this-We do not have a winning culture at this club. It's been too long. How we get it back i am not sure. If this club does not get ruthless soon we will die. Look at last weeks attendance. I don't blame the players or officials, its a whole club feeling-The joint is stale and needs a total Rennovation. Victorian clubs are just making up the numbers-thats an AFL Fact. Weat Coast get Compensation for Cousins!!!!! How dare they. How do we compete with that????? Sydney who went broke Numerous times are now leading the pack while Victoria is being Sucked Dry. Call me Cynical I don't care. I am watching the great Victorian Icon be taken from us and i am not happy. No we will not beat sydney tomorrow-the team will fight and have a crack but that will be all. Hope i am wrong!!!!