POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs West Coast

Demonland

Dominated in all areas and could’ve won by more with some better kicking. Eagles stacked the D50 to shut the game down and slowed things down, helped by some dumb F50 entries from us. 

That being said. I’ve never heard a commentary team so supportive of a side that got flogged by 12 goals. Amazing mental gymnastics to make this sound like a positive result for WCE and a real wake up call for us. I must’ve been watching a different game. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Vomit 2

Teams prefer to scrap it out with us because they can't truly contend with us. Regardless we won and won big

Many have tried all have failed 

Go dees

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, MoeSyzlak said:

Dominated in all areas and could’ve won by more with some better kicking. Eagles stacked the D50 to shut the game down and slowed things down, helped by some dumb F50 entries from us. 

That being said. I’ve never heard a commentary team so supportive of a side that got flogged by 12 goals. Amazing mental gymnastics to make this sound like a positive result for WCE and a real wake up call for us. I must’ve been watching a different game. 

Yeah it felt a lot to me like we were a lion that had bitten the leg off a gazelle in the first, then spent 2.5 qtrs circling and blithely swatting at it, before going for the kill in the last.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

I cannot listen to Kelli Underwood. Excruciating. 

I’d take nails on a chalkboard AND a baby crying on a long-haul over Underwood’s voice anytime. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Haha 7

Couldn't watch the whole game and only heard the commentary in the last quarter - usually I synch with radio but couldn't tonight but will again whenever I can.  Honestly would even prefer BT or (gulp) Derwyyyne.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I didn't think the commentating was that bad. Definitely not in James Brayshaw/BT territory. KU isn't suited to AFL and her jackson to Eagles comments got on my nerves but Lewis and Pavlich were ok i thought

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gs77 said:

Yeah it felt a lot to me like we were a lion that had bitten the leg off a gazelle in the first, then spent 2.5 qtrs circling and blithely swatting at it, before going for the kill in the last.

Cheers for the mental image!

• Like 2

Here’s some perspective….. was the Eagles lowest score at home this year (none else under 40). Umpires gave them 25 free kicks to our 18, because Perth.  Shocker I know. We are 9 - 0 this year, top of the ladder, 2 games and percentage clear of 3rd, and just cracked our highest win margin against WCE in Perth. Some of you on here still aren’t happy, or at least satisfied. Go talk to Kellie Underwood, because she’ll be right with you on having no concept of that perspective. 

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Demon Jack said:

Eagles played super defensively after our fast start, so a 70+ point win is a terrific result.

Huge credit to our smalls in ANB, Kozzy and Spargo who were all superb.

Hope Harmes' injury isn't too serious. Thank Barassi for our current depth.

Thank Barassi for our current depth.   ?????

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

Couldn't watch the whole game and only heard the commentary in the last quarter - usually I synch with radio but couldn't tonight but will again whenever I can.  Honestly would even prefer BT or (gulp) Derwyyyne.

Wow . . . that bad Monoccular?

• Haha 2
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’d take nails on a chalkboard AND a baby crying on a long-haul over Underwood’s voice anytime. 

How can I watch the game and listen to other commentary

• Thinking 1

Just now, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Wow . . . that bad Monoccular?

Yep - that bad

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Clint Bizkit said:

A lot of hate for Kelli Underwood comes from people with misogynistic views but she simply wouldn’t shut up about Jackson’s contract and it was gross.

It’s got a grand total of ZERO to do with misogyny!!!! She’s simply an annoying pain in the [censored]. Male OR female, it matters not. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, Webber said:

Here’s some perspective….. was the Eagles lowest score at home this year (none else under 40). Umpires gave them 25 free kicks to our 18, because Perth.  Shocker I know. We are 9 - 0 this year, top of the ladder, 2 games and percentage clear of 3rd, and just cracked our highest win margin against WCE in Perth. Some of you on here still aren’t happy, or at least satisfied. Go talk to Kellie Underwood, because she’ll be right with you on having no concept of that perspective. 

Some ppl need to have this stapled to their foreheads. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Webber said:

I turned the commentary off at quarter time. Gives a much more balanced perspective, bizarrely so much of the AFL media are trying to construct negative views of us rather than acknowledge how remarkable what we are doing is. We are the first reigning premiership  team in the modern AFL era (1990-, and probably well before but I can’t be arsed going back any further) to go 9-0, that’s incredible!! We’re 5 games + 40 points of percentage inside the top 8, 3 + 35 inside the top four and 2 + 20 inside the top 2. That’s all that matters, we’ll need to play better to win finals, fine, that’s ages away and by then we’ll have Salem back, and a host of VFL players pushing harder than ever for selection. Bring on the haters, we are the best!!

• Like 9
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

A lot of hate for Kelli Underwood comes from people with misogynistic views but she simply wouldn’t shut up about Jackson’s contract and it was gross.

Absolutely not misogyny

- love Daisy Pearce's comments (and not just partisan because of her MFC connection).  Underwood is just hard on the ear and her comments are inane at best.

- hate Derwaynnne and BT who as far as I am aware are both male XY

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

I followed our game through the AFL app and the ABC commentary o that and Demonland game day thread 

now I will look at the votes thread

funny way to follow the game today

• Haha 1

Some harsh views on what was a total pummelling. I don’t agree that it was ugly, or that we were in a second gear or whatever. There are no teams in the AFL that are bad at the game, just teams that can’t sustain a 4 quarter effort. West Coast had two quarters of solid effort that matched ours and still couldn’t make any inroads. We completely destroyed them in the two quarters where their effort dropped off. 

It would have been nice to convert better, but other than that I’m really not sure what else we need to do before people will be happy.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Absolutely not misogyny

- love Daisy Pearce's comments (and not just partisan because of her MFC connection).  Underwood is just hard on the ear and her comments are inane at best.

- hate Derwaynnne and BT who as far as I am aware are both male XY

And the women who was special comments on the ABC's broadcast of the Adelaide/Bears game yesterday was terrific. Just forgotten her name. (And no jokes about why a Demon would be listening to that game either thank you.)

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Haha 2