NON-MFC: Round 6, 2022

Demonland

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

St Kilda are not a top 4 quality side. 

Everyone probably said the same thing about us this time last year when we beat mostly mediocre sides in Freo, Saints, Hawks and GWS and look how that turned out.

Everyone around here will laugh St Kilda off as a chance this year but I think they’ve got the defensive traits to at least make a prelim.

• Like 6

Just now, Radar Detector said:

Being able to win ugly can be the mark of a good side. They’re banking wins. We haven’t looked amazing every week either.

Big difference is they are going at 100% to bank these ugly wins and today was no doubt a good effort without a ruckman. 
We are banking wins going at 70% and playing one great quarter. 

• Like 1

Are we spoilt or is Gresham and St Kilda one of the most selfish teams going around Him and King never look around when clear they just go for goal, pretty pathetic. GWS on the other hand need a bloody good hard coach who will trade the deadwood and there is a heap of them..

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Everyone probably said the same thing about us this time last year when we beat mostly mediocre sides in Freo, Saints, Hawks and GWS and look how that turned out.

Everyone around here will laugh St Kilda off as a chance this year but I think they’ve got the defensive traits to at least make a prelim.

i’m with you on this. They’re going deep into sept imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Curiously along with Shetland they are the only constituency in Scotland that always votes Liberal Democrat at every election, resulting in absolute fannies like Alistair Carmichael representing us at Wasteminster. 

Crickey, I mention the Orkney Islands and the well informed folk on Demonland instantly engage, with knowledgable acumen...WON!DERFUL!😁

• Like 1

Just now, Jaded No More said:

Big difference is they are going at 100% to bank these ugly wins and today was no doubt a good effort without a ruckman. 
We are banking wins going at 70% and playing one great quarter. 

Time will tell if this is true or not. I’m not sure how exactly you measure the % a team is going at (although all the commentators like to try) but if King had kicked straight they win that game by 8+ goals and we’re not even having this conversation.

• Like 1

Just now, Chook said:

It's early but I'm starting to picture a Dees v Saints, Lions v Freo week 1 of qualifying finals.

I think the Dogs may eventually work themselves into the top 4 (see Brisbane’s slow start last year) assuming they go on a massive run over the next 7 weeks, in which their fixture is easy on paper.

So I’d have the dogs in, and Freo out of the top 4 from your above scenario. Saints to finish top 4.

Just now, Wells 11 said:

i’m with you on this. They’re going deep into sept imo. 

Do u reckon?? Their midfield lacks class, forwards are very hit and miss and defence has not had any of the relentless pressure that we exude. Very Meh club, yet to face anyone really!

• Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Giants are finished. Not just this season but in general. No heart. 

shut them down and pick at the carcass 

Join em up with GCS and pack them both of to Tassy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wells 11 said:

yep, but It’s such a nothing club … and he’s also a bit responsible fr that. In how they play and who they are. 

I think losing Toby Green for 6 weeks has killed the group. 
they are playing to get paid 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I think the Dogs may eventually work themselves into the top 4 (see Brisbane’s slow start last year) assuming they go on a massive run over the next 7 weeks, in which their fixture is easy on paper.

So I’d have the dogs in, and Freo out of the top 4 from your above scenario. Saints to finish top 4.

In this entirely premature exercise I think it will be...

Dees (1) v Freo (4)

Lions (2) v Swans (3)

Saints (5) v Blues (8)

Dogs (6) v Cats (7)

Richmond to resume their rightful place in 9th.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I think we saw the end of the GWS window tonight.

What was one of the best free flowing sides in the comp is now but a shadow of its former self.

Green needs to take a lot of the responsibility for this malaise. His actions last year have derailed his team this year IMO

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chook said:

It's early but I'm starting to picture a Dees v Saints, Lions v Freo week 1 of qualifying finals.

Ah no St. Kilda are overated, Freo less so but who have they beaten??

2 minutes ago, Nascent said:

In this entirely premature exercise I think it will be.

Dees (1) v Freo (4)

Lions (2) v Swans (3)

Saints (5) v Blues (8)

Dogs (6) v Cats (7)

Richmond to resume their rightful place in 9th.

Looks pretty good to me.

Honestly forgot about Sydney. Quietly going about their business, racking up wins and will likely finish top 4 and keep the Dogs out of that top 4.

• Like 1