Yze - 7 1/2

Bate - 2

Bell - 7-8

Brown - 5

Bruce - 7

Carroll - 8

Davey - 5 (chased well and tried hard)

Ferguson - 3

Godfrey - 5 (still offers the same bad disposal)

Green - 8

Holland - 5

Jamar - 4

Johnson - 6 (finished well)

Johnstone - 7

Jones - 7

McDonald - 7

Miller - 8 (just for the 300,000 leads he offered and for never giving up)

Moloney - 8

Ward - 3 (worst player at hitting the target)

Wheatley - (5 wastes too many balls)

White - 5 (dont think he offered that much)

Yze - 4 (was he trying to hostipalise a team mate to make sure he got a game next week, where has his skills gone?)

Brown - 7

Didn't get a kick until just before half-time. Then got about 4 cheapies before they went in.

He should be marked out of five. No doubt he'll stay in though because he's one of NDs old favourites.

these scores are much too high. we were outplayed so comprehensively that the score line could have been 100 points were it not for bad kicking.

shining lights- nathan jones

comendable efforts- bruce, green, johnstone

good trier- godfrey, miller, mcdonald

the rest were rediculously shizen and as a team effort i give 1.5/10

With the exception of Bell, Jones, Moloney and possibly Miller, nobody deserves a score above 4.

Put it this way, if they were being tested today on their skills, heart and determination, would any of them have passed? If not, they don't deserve to get 5 or above.

i honestly think all the players tried hard today...just they werent good enough...which is more worrying than players not putting in the effort.

but i agree. no more than 5 players today deserve above 4/10.

green, jones, moloney, bruce, miller

Ive never been a fan for bate... to me he labours, poor decision making, just bombs the ball without looking for a better option. imo shouldnt be in our 22...

Bate - 1.5 (Worst player on the field. Needs to go back to Sandy and gain some confidence)

Bell - 7 (One of our best, for weeks running now. Quickly becoming one of our most reliable players)

Brown - 4 (Gathers cheap possessions and has no impact)

Bruce - 8 (Another good effort. Cant remember the last time I saw him lose a one on one contest, and often wins 2-3 on one with the odds against him. Cant fault his effort, one of the few trying)

Carroll - 4 (Toweled up again. Has really poor awareness. Having a shocking season thus far)

Davey - 3 (Goalless for the entire season, and having little impact)

Ferguson - 2 (Useless. At 26 years old, and yet to cement a spot in the team, he will be one of the first delisted at years end)

Godfrey - 5 (Another decent game by Godders, but he is Godders after all)

Green - 6.5 (Only forward capable of kicking a goal down there today. Tried hard)

Holland - 3 (Didnt do much)

Jamar - 2.5 (Decent in ruck, unsighted around the ground)

Johnson - 5 (Did surprisingly alright in defense on a rampant, and albiet innaccurate, Mooney)

Johnstone - 6.5 (Alright today. Still not great, but far better than previous 2 rounds)

Jones - 7 (Our clearance king. We'd be pretty screwed without him. Tries his guts out)

McDonald - 5.5 (Just went. Not playing with the same gusto as last year)

Miller - 6 (Always presents, gives structure, and never stops trying. A pity he isnt more talented)

Moloney - 7 (Again amongst our best. I'd have him in our top 2-3 in the B&F so far. Hope he's not injured, because if he is, then I give up on the year. He is my only joy from watching at the moment. The man is passionate)

Ward - 3 (Gave little drive today, and that's about all he can do)

Wheatley - 5 (Was alright. Abit wasteful and loose...)

White - 4 (Beaten by a nobody AGAIN, and made an insane ammount of errors around the ground. A real worry)

Yze - 5.5 (Better today than has been for a while. Defensive pressure was better, made a few 1%s, but his kicking of all things let him down!)

finally someone who agrees with me. bate is overated by Melbourne fans and has played shockingly of late.

like almost everyone of our midfielders he needs an extra yard of pace desperately.

we have a slow midfield. bring on the aboriginals ala essendon

Bate - 4

Bell - 8

Brown - 6

Bruce - 8

Carroll - 6

Davey - 5

Ferguson - 3

Godfrey - 7

Green - 7

Holland - 5

Jamar - 5

Johnson - 7

Johnstone - 7

Jones - 7

McDonald - 8

Miller - 6

Moloney - 8

Ward - 6

Wheatley - 6

White - 5

Yze - 6

Hell, with ratings like that were they playing with the Geelong side! :blink:

GEELONG 5.8 11.8 14.10 15.19 (109)

MELBOURNE 2.1 4.4 5.9 8.9 (57)

34 scoring shots to 17. 3 goals in junk time. Geelong packs up and goes home at half time and let's see.......

4 players get 8.

6 players get 7.

6 players get 6.

4 players get 5.

Are you on the juice or marking out of 20 or higher?

Bate - 2

Bell - 6

Brown - 4

Bruce - 6.5

Carroll - 5

Davey - .5 and i mean that

Ferguson - 4

Godfrey - 5

Green - 7

Holland - 4

Jamar - 2

Johnson - 4

Johnstone - 5.5

Jones - 4.5

McDonald - 5

Miller - 7

Moloney - 5 (7 up till 1/2 time)

Ward - 4

Wheatley - 4

White - 5

Yze - 1

Bate - 1

Bell - 8

Brown - 0

Bruce - 1

Carroll - 3

Davey - 2

Ferguson - 1

Godfrey - 2

Green - 7

Holland - 0

Jamar - 0

Johnson - 4

Johnstone - 3

Jones - 6

McDonald - 2

Miller - 4

Moloney - 6

Ward - 1

Wheatley - 1

White - 0

Yze - 0

I've tried to rank based on the influence they had overall on the game. If it was relative to the everyone else in the side, Bell would be off the chart.

Having Macka and Bruce so low indicates you have not watched the game closely. Macka had a lot of centre clearances and was high on tackles... Since when does 30 possessions equate to a mark of 1? You may be interested to know that Godfrey was second to Jones on goal assists. Yeah, statistics blah blah... but on a bad day these are indicators of effort!

Having Macka and Bruce so low indicates you have not watched the game closely. Macka had a lot of centre clearances and was high on tackles... Since when does 30 possessions equate to a mark of 1? You may be interested to know that Godfrey was second to Jones on goal assists. Yeah, statistics blah blah... but on a bad day these are indicators of effort!

I didn't watch the game closely, no. I didn't claim that I had, in fact I gave my scores without qualifying them at all, I believe. Just calling it as I saw it. I'd love to know how many of Bruce's 30 possessions were effective.

FWIW I thought Godfrey was pretty good considering he (appeared to have) played the game on the HFF which really is starvation corner in a game like that, and your stat there backs that up. I just have a hard time justifying giving too many people a score of above 4 when on the whole, the team was so pathetic.

I've tried to rank based on the influence they had overall on the game. If it was relative to the everyone else in the side, Bell would be off the chart.

so davey and godfrey had twice the impact of bruce? and paul johnson 4 times the influence? shanked kicks or not i must have been watching another game.

moloney had 1 very good quarter and then was invisible for a half until he got injured.

so davey and godfrey had twice the impact of bruce? and paul johnson 4 times the influence? shanked kicks or not i must have been watching another game.

moloney had 1 very good quarter and then was invisible for a half until he got injured.

I was not comparing each player's performances to each other, as I already said. Like anyone else who ever does these meaningless out of 10 ratings, I just plucked numbers off the top of my head as to how I thought they played. I did not rate Bruce's game at all, 30 possessions or not, and my score reflects that.

I thought Moloney was good (and involved) for all three quarters that he was on the field. Of course, you were at the game and I saw it on TV, and the two forms of watching the game never seem to reconcile. But to say he had one good quarter and then nothing is false in my opinion.

Watching the game live and on TV are two completely different things, particularly if you sit in the Southern Stand. I watched the replay last night, something I usually don't do after a loss and I saw it live. I wish I hadn't, as now all I can think of is the image of Moloney in front of the bench being wotked on by a trainer in extreme pain and pointing to his groin.